Conservative activist sues FBI for NICS denial due to watch list

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Conservative activist sues FBI for NICS denial due to watch list

Post by Suck My Glock »

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/pro ... e-sues-fbi

Project Veritas founder James O'Keefe is suing the FBI after the agency denied his application to buy a firearm because he is erroneously listed as a felon in the NICS criminal background check system maintained by the FBI.

O'Keefe attempted to purchase firearms at several New York gun stores, only to be told he couldn't complete the transactions. In a lawsuit filed on Thursday, O'Keefe argues that the FBI "has illegally placed Mr. O'Keefe on a federal watch list designed to preclude convicted felons from purchasing firearms by falsely claiming Mr. O'Keefe has in fact been convicted of a felony. "

The agency has "repeatedly, wrongfully, and without justification denied Mr. O'Keefe the ability to purchase a firearm," states the Thursday filing.

In other words - O'Keefe, a controversial journalist who might someday become the target of leftist violence, is currently unable to legally purchase a firearm to defend himself.

AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Conservative activist sues FBI for NICS denial due to watch list

Post by AZ_Five56 »

I'm not surprised since he's been making so many enemies. O'Keefe has caused a lot of trouble for people lately. In a time when the Democrats are denying the existence of Antifa, he got undercover footage in their organization with them training and discussing tactics.
Harrier

Re: Conservative activist sues FBI for NICS denial due to watch list

Post by Harrier »

guess he has to go to a gun show or log into backpage...;)