Trijicon Sues Holosun Technologies Over Alleged RMR & SRO Patent Infringement

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Tenring
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Trijicon Sues Holosun Technologies Over Alleged RMR & SRO Patent Infringement

Post by Tenring »

Agreed, F China - just recieved my new Eotech.

AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Trijicon Sues Holosun Technologies Over Alleged RMR & SRO Patent Infringement

Post by AZ_Five56 »

Great to hear! I hope they get kill them in court!

On a side note, I just got my Vortex AMG UH-1 Gen 2, and I was presently surprised to find that it's 100% made in the USA with the exception of the hologram that comes from the UK.
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

AZ1182 wrote: August 6th, 2020, 2:16 pm
AZ_Five56 wrote: August 6th, 2020, 1:52 pm Great to hear! I hope they get kill them in court!

On a side note, I just got my Vortex AMG UH-1 Gen 2, and I was presently surprised to find that it's 100% made in the USA with the exception of the hologram that comes from the UK.
Now that's awesome to hear, please give a review if you don't mind after you get some good trigger time in with it.
Will do! I'd love to support a great American company. I've only taken it to the range once, but so far it's all good. It seems to have a slightly wider field of view from Gen 1 and they added NV. Sorry, this is all very off-topic.
storage_man

Post by storage_man »

I'm all into supporting American companies, but suing just one competitor is suspicious ? This may be bogus after looking at the patent description and its filing date. I believe there are others that were manufacturing before 2013 (Whether in production or in one offs). They will have trouble going after just one competitor. There has to be at least 10 different manufactures of similar sights. Why haven't they included them ?
SecretV

Post by SecretV »

storage_man wrote: August 6th, 2020, 3:12 pm I'm all into supporting American companies, but suing just one competitor is suspicious ? This may be bogus after looking at the patent description and its filing date. I believe there are others that were manufacturing before 2013 (Whether in production or in one offs). They will have trouble going after just one competitor. There has to be at least 10 different manufactures of similar sights. Why haven't they included them ?
They seem to be taking a page out of Fiat/Chrysler Group's playbook.
deanq

Post by deanq »

AZ1182 wrote: August 6th, 2020, 12:20 pmMy made in the USA RMR arrives today. I support American jobs and manufacturing, and am willing to pay for that because I love my country.
I didn't realize that RMR is now fully made in the USA. Thanks for pointing it out.
impulse

Post by impulse »

deanq wrote: August 7th, 2020, 6:23 am
AZ1182 wrote: August 6th, 2020, 12:20 pmMy made in the USA RMR arrives today. I support American jobs and manufacturing, and am willing to pay for that because I love my country.
I didn't realize that RMR is now fully made in the USA. Thanks for pointing it out.
Weren't they always made in the USA?
deanq

Post by deanq »

impulse wrote: August 7th, 2020, 11:49 am
deanq wrote: August 7th, 2020, 6:23 am
Weren't they always made in the USA?
yes, I was thinking of Aimpoint, from Sweden. :icon-redface:
daviddiesel

Post by daviddiesel »

It's nice to pick something up made in the USA and feel the quality.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Funny, Holosun changed the orientation of their buttons from vertical to horizontal and changed the suffix of the model name from G2 to X2 and the suit went away. Perhaps the threat of exposing Trijicon's imported electronics in a court battle helped with the solution.

Complaint withdrawal:

https://www.usitc.gov/3477.htm