What's up with these gunbroker prices

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Maestro
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: What's up with these gunbroker prices

Post by Maestro »

AstonMiura wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 4:10 pm The reason for the post was because I was checking the prices of some guns I have and rarely use. This is crazy https://www.gunbroker.com/item/875096617
Whew, $4k? 50 bids? I wish I was in the states right now. Could make a mint!

bldr60

Post by bldr60 »

Bidding war between a unrated buyer and one with one rating. Lets wait and see if the seller gets paid after the buyers remorse sets in.
brandyspaw

Post by brandyspaw »

bldr60 wrote: August 4th, 2020, 4:41 am Bidding war between a unrated buyer and one with one rating. Lets wait and see if the seller gets paid after the buyers remorse sets in.
Yeah, I sold off around half my S&W collection on Gunbroker a few years back. It was always a concern if buyers would follow through. I couldn't really count on anything until I actually had the payment in my fat little fist.

It was worth it, however, as Gunbroker can bring brain dead prices as long as they're high quality, discontinued collectible guns. For example, aside from the Smith revolvers I sold off, I had a Walther PPK/s in the relatively rare 22RF caliber. I figured it would get close to $1K but the selling price got driven up to almost twice that.

So much of it is because Gunbroker transcends the regional markets of the country. Buyers can easily see how rarely many nice new or as-new examples of scarce guns come up and they tend to drive the market up.
samnev

Post by samnev »

Those prices are insane. I'm not surprised prices on ammo and firearms have gone up but nowhere hear what the prices listed on GB are.
muta4warrior

Post by muta4warrior »

During the great craziness of 2008, I listed a bunch of AR lowers on GunBroker pretty much at dealer cost and by the time they got done bidding the auctions up, they were almost double the price. I had gotten emails from the buyers asking if I had more lowers and sold them as many as they wanted for the selling price plus a couple extra bucks to cover the extra shipping. Only thing that sucked was getting a resupply, as all my sources were all out of stock for months.
mtptwo

Post by mtptwo »

Riots in the streets and the run up to an election where one side says they are going to destroy the 2nd amendment. It is going to be like this nearly every election.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Grabagun.com is selling the 43X, in stock right now, for $538.00, not bad for panic pricing, usually it's around $479.00...

https://grabagun.com/glock-g43x-pistol- ... ights.html
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Doc Holliday wrote: August 6th, 2020, 5:12 pm Grabagun.com is selling the 43X, in stock right now, for $538.00, not bad for panic pricing, usually it's around $479.00...

https://grabagun.com/glock-g43x-pistol- ... ights.html
They've had some available all day, since 0830, finally a few minutes ago they're out. Surprised they lasted that long.
nimrag

Post by nimrag »

I wonder If some sellers have multiple accounts so they can bid on their own items to drive the price up.