Meanwhile in Austin

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
xerts1191
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Meanwhile in Austin

Post by xerts1191 »

xerts1191

Re: Meanwhile in Austin

Post by xerts1191 »

xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Is it too soon?
447B346B-CCCC-4610-9525-682A6D832551.jpeg
7E25664C-4772-4E1F-BEC1-535CB4495486.jpeg
10D2873A-ECE0-4483-BC8E-E46FA045B663.jpeg
EDB77BD8-BB93-4033-9386-2DA74848C445.jpeg
mrbogangles

Post by mrbogangles »

It is Austin. Filled with Californians.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Austin isn't "really" Texas. It's a liberal college s*** hole with good BBQ...been there more times than I care.
MarkItZero

Post by MarkItZero »

That pronouns one is too good
smithers599

Re: Driver ID's in Austin shooting

Post by smithers599 »

https://www.kxan.com/austin-george-floy ... QRon4CQUKo
The statement says Perry was driving for a rideshare company when he dropped a client off near Congress Avenue. He was looking for another request for pickup or food delivery when he turned right onto Congress Avenue from Fourth Street.

That’s when he encountered the group of protesters.

“Prior to arriving at the corner of Fourth Street and Congress Avenue, Sgt. Perry did not know that a demonstration was taking place,” the statement says.

“When Sgt. Perry turned on the Congress Avenue, several people started beating on his
vehicle. An individual carrying an assault rifle, now known to be Garrett Foster, quickly approached the car and then motioned with the assault rifle for Mr. Perry to lower his window,” which the attorney says Perry did, thinking the gunman was a police officer.

The attorney says Foster then began to raise his weapon, and Perry shot and fired. Perry drove a short distance away to safety while another protester shot at him. He then called police.
Easy enough to verify, through cell phone and Uber/Lyft records. Good news, then -- he was not out looking for trouble; he inadvertently drove into the danger zone.

Still, he needs to move (probably has already) and lay low. The brownshirts will be coming for him, and his family, and his neighbors. Maybe they will decide to start burning Uber and Lyft vehicles.

I hope he has another pistol to replace the one that was undoubtedly taken as evidence.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Guy just trying to make a living. What a shame. Probably a second job by the sounds of it. Dem politicians supporting piece of garbage anarchist and who supports this guy. Ugly weird times
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

I am just relieved that it was not some guy who decided he had had enough, and intentionally drove into the crowd hoping somebody would start some trouble that he would finish.

Innocent victim/self-defense is the best possible scenario.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

One of the things I used as a mantra in my work life was " don't do anything that can even look like impropriety" it's simply not enough to know you won't do anything improper you have to guard against things that could be perceived as suchby others. I had gone from managing all men to a mixed group of men and often very attractive women. I handled a lot of money and was responsible for negotiating contracts.

Well .... gotta be careful with the web's!

If your a young dude still out there working a simple comment could end badly
US Army sergeant who shot Austin protester Garrett Foster posted tweets about retaliating against demonstrators
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/us-arm ... nstrators/
High Standard

Post by High Standard »

Boriqua wrote: August 1st, 2020, 7:32 am One of the things I used as a mantra in my work life was " don't do anything that can even look like impropriety" it's simply not enough to know you won't do anything improper you have to guard against things that could be perceived as suchby others. I had gone from managing all men to a mixed group of men and often very attractive women. I handled a lot of money and was responsible for negotiating contracts.

Well .... gotta be careful with the web's!

If your a young dude still out there working a simple comment could end badly
US Army sergeant who shot Austin protester Garrett Foster posted tweets about retaliating against demonstrators
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/us-arm ... nstrators/
It’s funny you posted your work life mantra. Mine was “Perception is Everything”. While they sound very different, they are pretty much the same. I had a boss in my early 20’s that was very much a mentor for me. And he is the one that made this so very clear to me. After I started to look at my own behaviors and how others perceived me, I changed my habits and my career started taking off. Eventually, women made their way into the construction industry and it made things tougher.
Dauph

Post by Dauph »

Attachments
EC41B0B8-8EAE-4C87-8D3B-9A88472A1172.jpeg
8E13FF3F-AB17-44A8-87C1-851587455823.jpeg
vtachrn

Post by vtachrn »

I was watching a bunch of the live feeds on youtube. Did they just take the surplus antifa clowns from portland and bus them over to Texas or something?
High Standard

Post by High Standard »

vtachrn wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 5:00 pm I was watching a bunch of the live feeds on youtube. Did they just take the surplus antifa clowns from portland and bus them over to Texas or something?
I’ve read numerous articles that verifies this does occur. I don’t watch enough of those videos to recognize anyone myself. But I’m not surprised. I’ve seen the ads on Craigslist for protestors as well.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

UPDATE:

Austin Star Police Detective Accuses DA Jose Garza's Office of Criminal Witness Tampering in High-Profile Case

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/b ... e-n1466886

Austin Police Department homicide Detective David Fugitt is a well-regarded veteran with APD and has worked more than 50 cases across about 18 years, solving all but about four of them. APD tends to place its most difficult cases under Fugitt due to his sterling record. Most recently, Fugitt has been the lead detective on the case of a shooting that happened in downtown Austin, Texas, in the summer of 2020.

Texas castle law extends to one’s car and allows the use of deadly force in self-defense if the driver believes his or her life is in danger. Perry is a concealed handgun permit carrier, indicating a clean criminal record. He was driving for Uber on the night of the shooting and was released after questioning.

Jose Garza was elected Travis County district attorney in the 2020 elections on a platform of prosecuting police officers. After coming into office, he reviewed Perry’s case and indicted him on a murder charge. The indictment came as a surprise, given the known facts of the case and Texas castle law.

Fugitt accuses the district attorney’s office of engaging in unethical and criminal behavior.

“I firmly believe the District Attorney’s Office, acting under the authority of Jose P. Garza, tampered with me as a witness,” Detective Fugitt says in the sworn affidavit. “Often witness tampering is subtle. In this case, there were foreseeable consequences if I did not comply and tailor my grand jury presentation as directed and failure to do so would adversely affect my working relationship with the District Attorney’s Office for the foreseeable future. I was afforded no choice but to comply with the directives that were issued to me by Jose Garza through his assistants.”

“I am familiar with the crime of witness tampering as set out in the Texas Penal Code and under the circumstances believe myself to be a victim of such tampering,” he said. “Furthermore, in coordination with my direct chain of command, I sought legal advice from Chris Coppola, Assistant City Attorney.”

Witness tampering is a third-degree felony in Texas punishable by up to 10 years in prison.