ATF doing shady stuff with pistol braces again

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
YNOTAZ
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: ATF doing shady stuff with pistol braces again

Post by YNOTAZ »

XJThrottle wrote: June 17th, 2020, 8:42 pm You wanted to make a point by spewing inaccurate information in response to my factual post?
Interesting.
Your "factual post" is that you don't have to carry papers. You're right not papers but you damn well better have proof that the NFA item is in the federal registry or you will be charged with an Arizona state felony.

Read ARS before yo yell about "YOUR factual post"

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Serial numbers will do that for me.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

US 27 CFR479.101
A person possessing a firearm registered to him shall retain proof of registration which shall be made available to any ATF officer upon request.

Key words there are ATF OFFICER UPON REQUEST.

If you can find a state law the allows a state or local LEO to request your paperwork, please share with the group.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

YNOTAZ wrote: June 17th, 2020, 9:49 pm you damn well better have proof that the NFA item is in the federal registry or you will be charged with an Arizona state felony.

Read ARS before yo yell about "YOUR factual post"
Under what Arizona law would you be charged?
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

I’m not paying $200 for any kind of stamp, and I am damn sure not going to have a double stamp weapon. It would be nice to have a suppressor, but not that important to me to shell out $200 for a can.

So, I will just be a law abiding citizen with no suppressors and no SBR’s. I’m happy with my arm braces

But, I like the option of doing stamps if I ever wanted to in the future
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

AZ1182 wrote: June 18th, 2020, 2:52 am Carry copies, fold, store in stock or pistol grip, problem stays solved.
I have been carrying color copies of my stamps in my range box since day one. I figure better safe than sorry.
Joe_Blacke

Post by Joe_Blacke »

AZ1182 wrote: June 18th, 2020, 2:30 am
Joe_Blacke wrote: June 17th, 2020, 6:33 pm We tried telling you that having Trump direct the ATF to ban bumpstock via an internal decision making process was a bad precedent. We new it was just the start of a long list of upcoming infringement.

Trumptards didn’t care. They were the ultimate Fudds. Rationalizing away their rights. They wouldn’t put on on their deer rifle, so banning them wasn’t a big deal.

Next is triggers and magazines, shortly followed by additional import restrictions, ammo restrictions.

They’ll never blame trump for heading us down this road, because Trump is never wrong in their eyes.
How to not win people over to the L party, a Libertarian thesis on what went wrong after being combative using finger pointing, ad hominem, name calling, logical fallacies, and other ways of alienating your party from any voters.
Facts don’t care about your feelings. History is for us to learn from, not ignore because we don’t want to admit our own culpability.

Trump started in this plain and simple. He alone set the precedent. His supporters are accomplices.

Had his base ever actually refused to just blindly support him when he is so egregiously wrong, he wouldn’t have done it. Instead they give him political cover and shield him from any fallout.

Regardless of whatever party you belong to you always have to be willing to hold the people you voted for to account. Otherwise R,D, L aren’t very different from each other. They become self serving.
mrbogangles

Post by mrbogangles »

Leave it to bureaucrats to make laws, 😕.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

AZ1182 wrote: June 18th, 2020, 2:52 am Not even close. You can't even drive your car without papers. Making a gun with papers your hill to die on is a straw man argument to put it mildly, when put in context that you can't even drive in our own state or another state without papers for that vehicle that is transporting that NFA item, geezus your hill is extremely quixotic.
That paperwork you seem so obsessed with as an argument, is a non issue. Carry copies, fold, store in stock or pistol grip, problem stays solved. Or put it next to your proof of registration and insurance, still you would be going to jail gun or no gun regardless if there's no paperwork for that ride.
First you change the discussion: I don’t care about car, walking, the bus, or the slow train to hell, it is possession. But you appear to throw that in only so you have something to disagree with

Then you almost restate the issue correctly: the paperwork is a non-issue

Then you offer solutions for the “non-issue.

Since this has turned into your inaccurate diatribe, and not a discussion of facts of which you have offered none, carry on with your ignorance, I’m out.

If someone else has a question about ARS and would like to know what is required to avoid the possibility of arrest over an NFA item in the state of Arizona, in their possession, I will be happy to give them referneces.
Basher

Post by Basher »

Maybe take the bickering to PMs so the rest of us can focus on the brace issue. :)
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Basher wrote: June 18th, 2020, 8:48 am Maybe take the bickering to PMs so the rest of us can focus on the brace issue. :)
I agree Basher... enough with AZ1182's pontificating. He has trouble staying focused. This should be about the brace issue and what the BAT folks are trying to do.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

wowza, move on take it pm, no one cares anymore
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

at this point....
Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (11.87 KiB) Viewed 6304 times
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Apparently AZ1182 is one of those know-it-alls that feeds his buddys bad information. This is Arizona law, nothing to do with vehicles, taxes, insurance, or the color of the moon in AZ1182s world.

For those that have a brain and reading comprehension:

Arizona Revised Statutes - Section 13-3101 (PROHIBITED WEAPONS)

8. "Prohibited weapon":

(a) Includes the following:
(i) An item that is a bomb, grenade, rocket having a propellant charge of more than four ounces or mine and that is explosive, incendiary or poison gas.

(ii) A device that is designed, made or adapted to muffle the report of a firearm.
(iii) A firearm that is capable of shooting more than one shot automatically, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.
(iv) A rifle with a barrel length of less than sixteen inches, or shotgun with a barrel length of less than eighteen inches, or any firearm that is made from a rifle or shotgun and that, as modified, has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.

(v) A breakable container that contains a flammable liquid with a flash point of one hundred fifty degrees Fahrenheit or less and that has a wick or similar device capable of being ignited.
(vi) A chemical or combination of chemicals, compounds or materials, including dry ice, that is possessed or manufactured for the purpose of generating a gas to cause a mechanical failure, rupture or bursting or an explosion or detonation of the chemical or combination of chemicals, compounds or materials.
(vii) An improvised explosive device.
(viii) Any combination of parts or materials that is designed and intended for use in making or converting a device into an item set forth in item (i), (v) or (vii) of this subdivision.

B. The items set forth in subsection A, paragraph 8, subdivision (a), items (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) of this section do not include any firearms or devices that are possessed, manufactured or transferred in compliance with federal law.

This is plain English directly copied from ARS and here is a link.

https://www.azleg.gov/ars/13/03101.htm
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Someone is fast becoming the new Ranger1/Marine1/Elk34...