GunTab - Gun Payment Service

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

GunTab - Gun Payment Service

Post by AZ_Five56 »

https://www.guntab.com/

Has anyone used GunTab to pay for a firearm? I just signed up to pay for a gun I was buying from a guy in another state. I know that can be problematic since most of the payment services want nothing to do with guns, so this could be promising. They charge 2.9% to the seller, but for peace of mind, I'm happy to pay that.

I still haven't completed this transaction, so I'll report back my experience, but I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with them, good or bad.

storage_man
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: GunTab - Gun Payment Service

Post by storage_man »

What if the seller doesn't want to pay the 2.9%. It that negotiable or can the seller increase the price of an item by 2.9% ? Unless the buyer and seller agree up front, it may work.
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

storage_man wrote: June 13th, 2020, 3:37 am What if the seller doesn't want to pay the 2.9%. It that negotiable or can the seller increase the price of an item by 2.9% ? Unless the buyer and seller agree up front, it may work.
If the seller didn't want to pay the fee, they could ask the buyer to cover it. That's quite common with general sales using PayPal. As a buyer, I offered to cover the fees upfront since the seller normally takes money orders exclusively for out of town sales. I really didn't want to mail the payment because of security risks and because of all the delays and trouble with shipping right now, so it gave me a little bit more peace of mind to go this route.
nrs

Post by nrs »

Just completed a transaction purchasing a high dollar rifle from out of state using GunTab. This escrow service worked really well and gave both of us (buyer and seller) peace of mind. GunTab protects both the seller (from charge backs and fraudulent payments) and buyer (inspection period before releasing payment). I will be using this service on any major internet purchase in the future, where the seller doesn't take credit cards. Also no hiding what the merchandise is from services like Paypal, Venmo or Zelle.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

Not guntab, but have used Sezzle. It was offered in the payment options, figured why not. Didn't cost me a dime, and I wasn't out the whole amount right away. With Sezzle, you split it up into 4 payments. You miss one, you pay interest. I set mine up for auto withdrawal.
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

XJThrottle wrote: August 19th, 2021, 9:46 am Not guntab, but have used Sezzle. It was offered in the payment options, figured why not. Didn't cost me a dime, and I wasn't out the whole amount right away. With Sezzle, you split it up into 4 payments. You miss one, you pay interest. I set mine up for auto withdrawal.
I've never heard of them before, but I looked them up. Where do they make their profit? Also, where was it offered in payment options?
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

AZ_Five56 wrote: August 19th, 2021, 10:43 am
XJThrottle wrote: August 19th, 2021, 9:46 am Not guntab, but have used Sezzle. It was offered in the payment options, figured why not. Didn't cost me a dime, and I wasn't out the whole amount right away. With Sezzle, you split it up into 4 payments. You miss one, you pay interest. I set mine up for auto withdrawal.
I've never heard of them before, but I looked them up. Where do they make their profit? Also, where was it offered in payment options?
They either charge the merchant a percentage, or hope you are late on payment I guess..

I it was 80 percent arms when I bought my GST-9, but it doesn't look like they offer it anymore.