Panic Buying Over Yet?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
bldr60
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Panic Buying Over Yet?

Post by bldr60 »

Auction ended today. One hell of a return on those primers.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/874280691

Pscipio03

Post by Pscipio03 »

Unfortunately you can't ship primers so it would have to be local only. Unless you have a Hazmat contract with a major shipping company.
Pscipio03

Post by Pscipio03 »

bldr60 wrote: July 21st, 2020, 3:21 pm Auction ended today. One hell of a return on those primers.
Was relisted. Betting the 'winner' either backed out, or the seller had someone ghost bid and they ended up getting the highest bid.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Pscipio03 wrote: July 21st, 2020, 3:45 pm
bldr60 wrote: July 21st, 2020, 3:21 pm Auction ended today. One hell of a return on those primers.
Was relisted. Betting the 'winner' either backed out, or the seller had someone ghost bid and they ended up getting the highest bid.
The high bidder was a legitimate bidder.
The seller probably had more of the same and just punched the relist button because it was easier than making a whole new listing.
It happens all the time when sellers have more than one item of the same.
People are starting to freak out.
Remember the 70's ? " Man that dude is freaking out ."
Pscipio03

Post by Pscipio03 »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: July 21st, 2020, 3:52 pm
Pscipio03 wrote: July 21st, 2020, 3:45 pm
The high bidder was a legitimate bidder.
The seller probably had more of the same and just punched the relist button because it was easier than making a whole new listing.
It happens all the time when sellers have more than one item of the same.
People are starting to freak out.
Ahh, good catch.
Man, I've got too much CCI #41 and Remington 7 1/2 BR primers to share with everyone... at those prices. Just wish I could ship em.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Geez,...and I thought I was getting robbed at Bruno's yesterday when I paid just under $100 for 2000 of them!
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

You were robbed. Damn I'm glad I got way ahead of the insanity. I guess everyone that's panicking is thinking that Biden is going to win.
Robertsm
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Robertsm »

I’ve been panic buying since the sunset on the assault weapons ban in 2003. Every time prices are down I feel obligated to grab stuff I know will be hard to get later.
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

:shock: I picked up 5000 CCI #41 a couple weeks ago for $180! I didn't know I struck it rich! :music-rockon:
TIEFighterTK069

Post by TIEFighterTK069 »

I've been putting off getting into reloading for years, for no particularly good reason, and now I'm kicking myself. Definitely looking forward to this blowing over.
As it stands, I'm limiting live fire practice and focusing on my archery more these days.
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

TIEFighterTK069 wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 6:56 pm I've been putting off getting into reloading for years, for no particularly good reason, and now I'm kicking myself. Definitely looking forward to this blowing over.
As it stands, I'm limiting live fire practice and focusing on my archery more these days.
I put off getting into reloading too! I only started getting into it this past month. Not out of desperation for ammo, but because I have so much free time now. Thanks China.
TIEFighterTK069

Post by TIEFighterTK069 »

AZ_Five56 wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 7:46 pm I put off getting into reloading too! I only started getting into it this past month. Not out of desperation for ammo, but because I have so much free time now. Thanks China.
Right on, man. I may have to search the forums or start a new thread about reloading... If you've had luck finding supplies, maybe it's time to get started myself.
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

TIEFighterTK069 wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 9:18 pm
AZ_Five56 wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 7:46 pm I put off getting into reloading too! I only started getting into it this past month. Not out of desperation for ammo, but because I have so much free time now. Thanks China.
Right on, man. I may have to search the forums or start a new thread about reloading... If you've had luck finding supplies, maybe it's time to get started myself.
You can find stuff out there, but you have to hunt. Like I mentioned before, I scored a bunch of primers for cheap that I randomly found on Offerup of all places. I picked up the last of some bullets from a reloading vendor that they were selling at clearance prices, and since I finished out their stock, I got almost 1000 bullets extra that I didn't even pay for. Some would call it luck. I call it obsessing over the classifieds and online shopping too much because I don't have much work anymore. It's a blessing and a curse.

I'm going really slow getting into the reloading even though I've accumulated everything I need to start turning out a bunch of rounds. There are a lot of little details to absorb. I would recommend starting to get some equipment and then a bunch of brass to start which is pretty easy to find. Then, you can learn the fine art of case prep while you search for primers, powder, and bullets.
samnev

Post by samnev »

AZ1182 wrote: July 16th, 2020, 1:31 pm
samnev wrote: July 16th, 2020, 6:27 am Probably because the novice shooters feel more comfortable with the shotgun requiring less training to be an effective defensive weapon.
Or they're okay with any gun will do that's the cheapest. Those people do exist too.
You're correct that is a viable reason as well.
High Standard

Post by High Standard »

I’m not seeing the panic buying being over. My favorite place to buy 9mm JHP bullets (Montana Gold) has been out for months now. I check their website everyday. I have had to settle on plated bullets instead. Not my favorite to shoot/load. I have had probs with some of the plated bullets in the past. But I found 1k Speer plated 9mm 115gr RN and I will start loading them as soon as I finish my case prep. If these work out I’ll try a few others as some plated bullet places still have bullets for sale.

On a side note I am starting to accumulate supplies to start casting my own boolits. If I can get 9mm cast and powder coated boolits to shoot well out of my guns I won’t have to rely on suppliers any more. I already buy coated boolits for my other cartridges and they shoot great. I want to become more self reliant.