Panic Buying Over Yet?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
62Grains
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Panic Buying Over Yet?

Post by 62Grains »

Cabelas, Sportsmans, Tombstone, Randalls, Lone Wolf, and shooters world are all pretty low on inventory and I am still seeing good sized lines at different places to purchase guns.

brandyspaw

Post by brandyspaw »

I judge it by the number of non-gun people who are still upgrading to better guns. There's still more and more people who are now motivated to want something besides their old rimfire rifle or their old hunting rifle. As long as there's more people, who aren't gun enthusiasts, that are looking to buy we'll continue to see shortages in inventory and higher guns and ammo prices.
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

NBC_LT wrote: June 11th, 2020, 1:05 pm
It is not wrong to wear a mask, it is polite to do so in public places where physical distancing is not possible. I enjoyed the references about face masks being incapable of complete filtration of incoming particulates to the users - no surprise. However, to claim that a mask would not limit expulsion of aerosolized sputum from the mask wearer would be contrary to easily quantifiable observations - see New England Journal of Medicine (https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2007800).
Man gtfo here with that. It's social conditioning to accept the "new normal".

Hard pass.

The only time I will wear a mask is if it is a private business and I need something from them that i cant get anywhere else.

Most of these businesses it seems are trying to outdo one another on the most ridiculous requests.
azman
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by azman »

Cubiclerevolt wrote: June 14th, 2020, 7:02 am

Hard pass.

The only time I will wear a mask is if it is a private business and I need something from them that i cant get anywhere else.

Most of these businesses it seems are trying to outdo one another on the most ridiculous requests.
I totally agree... it is being used to create a constant visual reinforcement to the "severity" of the situation, and helps "legitimize" the supposed need to shut down the country and take control of your behaviors.

But... I take it a bit further, and have boycotted any business that "requires" one. I have learned to do without frequenting a few places I would love to visit because they choose to mandate it. Their business, they can do what they want, but so will I.
Flash

Post by Flash »

azman wrote: June 14th, 2020, 9:47 am
Cubiclerevolt wrote: June 14th, 2020, 7:02 am

Hard pass.

I totally agree... it is being used to create a constant visual reinforcement to the "severity" of the situation, and helps "legitimize" the supposed need to shut down the country and take control of your behaviors.

But... I take it a bit further, and have boycotted any business that "requires" one. I have learned to do without frequenting a few places I would love to visit because they choose to mandate it. Their business, they can do what they want, but so will I.
I'm with you guys. I've never worn a mask and I never will.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

What about Halloween
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

the big buy is far from over, amazing how many local shops are out of units, and can't even get them, i've been looking for a few on my ''have to'' list, not cheap units either, so when i get a notice they are in, by time i can pull them up, out of stock, bummer, but figure it won't be long till maybe a sell off will happen, but am not gonna hold me breath any.
happy sunday
Rj
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

My prediction: The shortages and panic buying will continue until the election. If Trump loses, then the guns and ammunition we have in our houses right now will be the last we will ever have.
mrbogangles

Post by mrbogangles »

Is it me or are prices starting to rise?

I have been in the market for a smaller gun but never pulled the trigger as it was not on my priority list.

Seeing prices now they are creeping up.
DRTDIVR

Post by DRTDIVR »

mrbogangles wrote: June 14th, 2020, 4:09 pm Is it me or are prices starting to rise?

I have been in the market for a smaller gun but never pulled the trigger as it was not on my priority list.

Seeing prices now they are creeping up.
Most places and people are taking advantage of the situation and increasing the prices. It's a demand issue from what I'm seeing. I wanted to pickup a a G43X in black but it's like a unicorn now.

Ammo prices have doubled and it's still being purchased in mass quantities by new and tenured shooters alike. Who know when thats coming back...
gunpoorboy1

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

What am I overlooking here? Yea, there's a shortage of hand guns in the brick and mortar stores but that's because it's a simple case of walking in and buying them. The web sites I've visited, i.e., Bud's guns, Grab-a Gun, Gun Broker etc., have tons of guns, again, unless I'm over looking things here. They also don't seem to be over priced. Ammo, yes, a little, but still a lot out there if you are willing to pay for it. You may have to purchase in a little different way than normal, but hell, it's easier to still buy a gun than it is to find a consensus on whether to wear a mask or not, especially on this sight.
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

gunpoorboy1 wrote: June 14th, 2020, 6:30 pm What am I overlooking here? Yea, there's a shortage of hand guns in the brick and mortar stores but that's because it's a simple case of walking in and buying them. The web sites I've visited, i.e., Bud's guns, Grab-a Gun, Gun Broker etc., have tons of guns, again, unless I'm over looking things here. They also don't seem to be over priced. Ammo, yes, a little, but still a lot out there if you are willing to pay for it. You may have to purchase in a little different way than normal, but hell, it's easier to still buy a gun than it is to find a consensus on whether to wear a mask or not, especially on this sight.
I check a list of websites everyday looking for deals (oh the joys of a bachelor with no kids) and prices have gone up, at least for the semi autos. Some more than others of course. A lot of websites look like they have stock but once you filter it out they only have a few "desirable" models. Glock 17/19 are gone, shields are up $100, S&W 380 EZs are up $60, etc. Can you get a gun? Yes, but probably not the one you want. Looks like higher end stuff, 22 pistols, and revolvers are sitting normal.

Ammo will never return to normal. I believe Federal announced earlier this year (before this whole mess) that ammo prices were permanently increasing with other manufactures echoing that. I know the .40 I like has jumped 7 cents per round, .45 a whopping 12 cents, the 7.62x39 I like 8 cents per round. 22LR of all rounds seems to be the most stable, go figure.

I'm just glad I've bought cheap and stacked deep. I picked up a ton of ammo before SCOTUS screwed us on online sales tax and picked up all the firearms on my short list in 2019 for the impending election year.
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

Agree with a caveat. I'm trying to keep my friends who are self employed open. My friend who is a barber is just trying to feed his family and someone in the location where he is at snitched on him for not "social distancing" and or "wearing masks". So while dealing with a bunch of Karen's he has to play along or gets his suite closed down.

This is one of the times I would acquiesce for the sake to help a friend who has done the same for me.
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

smithers599 wrote: June 14th, 2020, 3:52 pm My prediction: The shortages and panic buying will continue until the election. If Trump loses, then the guns and ammunition we have in our houses right now will be the last we will ever have.
Trump is going to win. Ignore the media. Outside of social media where the risk of doxxing is null. Trumpland remains strong.

People are seeing the left for what they are and the ones in the middle know that while we might disagree with the way someone lives or wants to play house with or what bathroom they want to go in, we're FAR more live and let live than that side is.

Not to mention that gun control is pretty much dead and is proving the exact point we all to varying degrees have been saying for years. I myself alone have been approached by over 20 people asking me for help and advice and I'm not even that much of a "gun guy" as I am a "gun rights guy".

All the states that are on full lockdown and battleground states I might add are currently held by Dem leadership and the residents are SUPER pissed at them. This is why they are pushing so hard for the mail in ballots. They know.

They all know that it's game over once Biden gets up on that debate stage.

Hang tight. Work your networks. We're all friends here and we all need to stick together. It's going to be wild come all the way to November 3rd.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Cubiclerevolt wrote: June 14th, 2020, 9:24 pm
Agree with a caveat. I'm trying to keep my friends who are self employed open. My friend who is a barber is just trying to feed his family and someone in the location where he is at snitched on him for not "social distancing" and or "wearing masks". So while dealing with a bunch of Karen's he has to play along or gets his suite closed down.

This is one of the times I would acquiesce for the sake to help a friend who has done the same for me.
Country Clipper in downtown Chandler? Yeah, I heard about that.

I don't wear a mask voluntarily, but for those occasions when I can't avoid it, I keep a Trump 2020 mask in my pocket.

I was at Fashion Square, and the Mask Bouncer at Crate & Barrel said No mask, no entry. So I put on my Trump 2020 mask. The next night, rioters looted and trashed Crate & Barrel. I wonder why the Mask Bouncer didn't block the door and tell them they couldn't come in without their masks.

Anyway, back to the original topic, ammo shortages:
I have enough to get me through a year or two, but I want to acquire more in case Trump loses and the supply is cut off permanently. I check the websites every day, and all I am seeing is Out Of Stock, Out Of Stock, Out Of Stock.