Panic Buying Over Yet?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Panic Buying Over Yet?

Post by Suck My Glock »

https://news3lv.com/news/local/gun-sale ... g-pandemic

LAS VEGAS (KSNV) — "It's crazy how it is," said gun store owner Jared Templin. "Every store is crazy."

Templin says in a short few days, the entire stock that he's bought will be gone.

“They'll just touch the shelf," he said.

"Last time I had Glocks, they lasted maybe two hours," he said, adding he has a waiting list for them of at least 40 different people.

Industry experts say the spike in demand began in March with the onset of the pandemic.

That's when we spoke with Spartan Arms store manager Brandon Burns.

"We sold probably 500 handguns alone just for the month of March," he said back then.

Fast-forward four months later, and the owner of 2nd Amendment Shop, Khalif Gordon, says the momentum hasn't slowed down.

"As soon as we get stuff in, it goes right back out the door," Gordon said.

The research group Small Arms Analytics and Forecasting estimates over 2.3 million guns were sold in June. That's a year-to-year increase of 145% from June 2019.

They suggest several factors could be at play: an election year, canceled gun shows, and a pandemic.

Many factories were also forced to close during the COVID-19 shutdown, and manufacturers are still struggling to keep up.

"We just don’t have the supply," said Templin.

That leaves gun store owners like Templin to scavenge for any stock he can find from suppliers. And despite selling out often, that can mean small margins.

"Right now, I'm dumping everything just to try to get something," he said.

But Templin and other gun store owners have hope the frenzy will soon calm down, leaving them to help more of their loyal customers.

"Fortunately, it's going to blow over," he said. "Just like it did last election, and other major events in the past that have spurred major gun changes."

goodaim
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by goodaim »

if you think the virus is fake and no one is getting it and masks do not work. Just go to the quarantine unit at the hospital. Walk around without a mask. See if you get it
thom

Post by thom »

[quote=AZ1182 post_id=60325 time=1596796968 user_id=169]
[quote=goodaim post_id=60324 time=1596791166 user_id=1905]

Okay, Karen.

Cloth masks with no filters and if filtered have to be properly fitted so absolutely they do not work, there is no ifs or buts about it, period.

I disagree. I had the chinese virus. I have the antibodies now. Any thing that slows that s*** from getting into your body HELPS. If you don't believe it, I think you are the type of person that would walk through a haboob and just breathing normally through your nose without any facial covering at all. And then say your breathing problems were caused by something else.
Just my opinion.

Thom
What
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by What »

Good timing to take on new hobby in meantime.
goodaim

Post by goodaim »

I do not see how wearing a n95 mask is shaming someone.
goodaim

Post by goodaim »

No man, you have it all wrong. You can watch all the videos you like. "if you think the virus is fake and no one is getting it and masks do not work. Just go to the quarantine unit at the hospital. Walk around without a mask. See if you get it"
That means that if you think it does not exist. GO there and breathe it. If you think that is shame. That is sad.
So do not wear a mask and then when someone you know gets it and you love them and then they feel ill. See if you care about the inconvenience of some stupid mask. When you put on deodorant everyday so girls like you
goodaim

Post by goodaim »

The good news is soon there will be a vaccine you will not believe in either
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

sure a lot of left thinking folks showing up these days, do as i say, is their moto, ...................shame, who to believe, as no one imo, has any amount of credence to truth available.
Rj

and to stick with op, i'd say many are in for a dry spell, when primer vendors begin asking for assistance for powder and other sundries to mix, their goods, well, there be issues in paradise. lots of bullet makers running out of lead, and of course my understanding is the last lead major vendor in US stopped mining of it and commercial selling, siting epa issues if i remember right.

so, might be time to got back to cap and ball, and then you're gonna have to keep your caps to figure out how to reload. lol. aw times they be a changing
High Standard

Post by High Standard »

Getting back on topic. I am having problems finding reloading supplies that I usually use. However, I have been able to find and purchase items that I normally would not buy. For instance, in 9mm I usually only buy jacketed bullets with Montana Gold being my usual go to supplier. But they have not had what I usually buy for months now. And the other jacketed bullet suppliers are pretty much the same. But I decided to try loading copper plated bullets and found they shoot pretty well and are cheaper (usually). And while not all styles are currently available there is still availability out there. So I am stocking up. Range brass is not that hard to find if you are willing to put in the extra work to prep them. Powder has been tough to come by but I keep checking my usual places and eventually my go to powders have come available and now I am okay on powder. I am okay on primers but I stocked up on them early as they are almost impossible to find at my usual places.

Two things I noticed while visiting my 2 LGS here. They still get shipments of supplies but they are infrequent. And one just go in a shipment of primers and when I asked the price they told me $79.95 for a box of 1,000. Somebody is gouging here. I don’t know if it is the store or the supplier but that is outrageous. But I am sure someone who is desperate will pay that price.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

High Standard wrote: August 8th, 2020, 5:59 am normally would not buy. For instance, in 9mm I usually only buy jacketed bullets with Montana Gold being my usual go to supplier.
Have you tried coated. The coated lead bullets are a good buy if your not opposed to internet shopping. They don't seem to be as popular as the plated so availability is still good. Maybe someone here can let you have a few to load up and try. I don't load for 9mm.

DG bullets is just one supplier but there are at least 5 other very reputable places that are producing coated bullets and prices are reasonable.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

most of the known coated boolit guys are at least 8 to 12 weeks out, so glad i picked up 20 k a few months ago. hehe, and i'd stocked up on .38, .45 and a few others.
have plenty for a few months pending my shooting amounts, orders in everywhere, to take what ever i can find.
and well, primesr are off the chart, if you can find them, even the makers are asking for components to make their primers. arg, gonna be ugly fall.
Rj
High Standard

Post by High Standard »

Boriqua wrote: August 8th, 2020, 7:38 am
High Standard wrote: August 8th, 2020, 5:59 am normally would not buy. For instance, in 9mm I usually only buy jacketed bullets with Montana Gold being my usual go to supplier.
Have you tried coated. The coated lead bullets are a good buy if your not opposed to internet shopping. They don't seem to be as popular as the plated so availability is still good. Maybe someone here can let you have a few to load up and try. I don't load for 9mm.

DG bullets is just one supplier but there are at least 5 other very reputable places that are producing coated bullets and prices are reasonable.
No, I have never tried the coated bullets in 9mm. I am currently in accumulation mode for casting and coating my own. So far all I have is the pot and 30lbs lead alloy. I still have a lot to get. I am retired so I have to accumulate things slowly due to limited funds. I have been loading coated for my 45AR and 357 with excellent results. I like the Acme Bullets. I figure I’ll try the coated 9mm after I start casting my own. Thanks for the tip on the coated 9mm. I was wondering if they worked well or not.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

High Standard wrote: August 8th, 2020, 7:49 am

No, I have never tried the coated bullets in 9mm. I am currently in accumulation mode for casting and coating my own. So far all I have is the pot and 30lbs lead alloy. I still have a lot to get. I am retired so I have to accumulate things slowly due to limited funds. I have been loading coated for my 45AR and 357 with excellent results. I like the Acme Bullets. I figure I’ll try the coated 9mm after I start casting my own. Thanks for the tip on the coated 9mm. I was wondering if they worked well or not.
My sig 229 in 40S&W will eat up coated bullets but I had to make some adjustments to make them work in my M&P 40 but they work. I have only been using coated in my revolvers for the last 2 years and like them very much. They run nice and clean

Here is the link for DG just for another option
https://dgbullets.com/
High Standard

Post by High Standard »

Boriqua wrote: August 8th, 2020, 8:02 am
High Standard wrote: August 8th, 2020, 7:49 am

I just checked them out. I couldn’t help the great prices so I just placed an order! :lol:

Thanks again!

My sig 229 in 40S&W will eat up coated bullets but I had to make some adjustments to make them work in my M&P 40 but they work. I have only been using coated in my revolvers for the last 2 years and like them very much. They run nice and clean

Here is the link for DG just for another option
https://dgbullets.com/
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Glad I could help. I usually get their quick ship which I think is a fair deal. They cram the bullets in a small prepaid USPS all you can fit box which saves on shipping cost. Always got my stuff fast and have loaded up several thousand of their bullets. Hope it works out well for you!

You may have to fiddle with COL but it depends on the gun. Still ... love their bullets and pricing