Panic Buying Over Yet?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Flash
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Panic Buying Over Yet?

Post by Flash »

Cubiclerevolt wrote: June 14th, 2020, 9:24 pm Agree with a caveat. I'm trying to keep my friends who are self employed open. My friend who is a barber is just trying to feed his family and someone in the location where he is at snitched on him for not "social distancing" and or "wearing masks". So while dealing with a bunch of Karen's he has to play along or gets his suite closed down.

This is one of the times I would acquiesce for the sake to help a friend who has done the same for me.
Mrs. Flash's hairdresser (who also does my hair) is self employed but leases a room in a shop where there are probably 8 or 9 other stylists. The owner decreed that the hairdressers have to wear masks but the customers don't. She doesn't believe in the masks either so we told her to close the door and leave hers off and she does.

Vaultboy
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Vaultboy »

I can personally tell you after shopping the last two days, the panic is not even close to being over
impulse

Post by impulse »

The Fed is buying corporate bonds to keep the stock market steady, the national debt is rising 1 trillion a month. People know our situation is f***, just wait until the food riots start.
NBC_LT

Post by NBC_LT »

Hard pass back at ya! Nice to see that the President has reconsidered the use of a face covering to be polite as well. Time to follow his example - better late than never.

Image[/img]
Cubiclerevolt wrote: June 14th, 2020, 7:02 am
NBC_LT wrote: June 11th, 2020, 1:05 pm
It is not wrong to wear a mask, it is polite to do so in public places where physical distancing is not possible. I enjoyed the references about face masks being incapable of complete filtration of incoming particulates to the users - no surprise. However, to claim that a mask would not limit expulsion of aerosolized sputum from the mask wearer would be contrary to easily quantifiable observations - see New England Journal of Medicine (https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2007800).
Man gtfo here with that. It's social conditioning to accept the "new normal".

Hard pass.

The only time I will wear a mask is if it is a private business and I need something from them that i cant get anywhere else.

Most of these businesses it seems are trying to outdo one another on the most ridiculous requests.
etprescottaz01

Post by etprescottaz01 »

Papago wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 1:59 pm Local gun store in Tempe had 25 people in it today at noon. I usually poke around in gun store on the way to pool store but not today. Too busy!
It will continue to pick up as we approach the election, change in Congress or administration could drive change in laws, lets hope not, all this could be on the horizon making this hobby a lot more expensive.
Lwstarks

Post by Lwstarks »

I doubt it. I just looked at the ad from j and g and the Star 9mm bm’s were $199 now $279. Ammo jumped. I guess the sky is the limit?
Flash

Post by Flash »

The amount of people (new shooters) at the ranges is visibly declining as I said it would. They now can hit the man size target most of the time so they have enough practice.

Nice to see the ranges returning to normal.
Razai

Post by Razai »

I agree that this is the worst it’s been in my lifetime, and I have lived through several of these panics. This truly is ridiculous, but it isn’t dying down. It goes to show just how many people, ironically to include liberals, grasp what is potentially coming and what is at stake.
I was at Shooters World in Peoria a few days ago and was stunned to see the place fairly well stocked. I spoke with the owner for a while as I did my paperwork. He sent his employees in trucks to pick up his items from the warehouses. I like that. I have driven all over the valley seeing empty shelves and bare walls, but this seller found a solution. He had ammo, too. Not pre-panic prices, but prices that reflect his normal take on top of the higher amounts be had to pay to obtain the items. (I have worked for dealers in the past, and only a few go out of their way to jack up prices after getting good deals themselves.)
I have been scrambling to ensure that my siblings and parents are secure. I only need to help a few find a couple more items. I have never before found it so difficult to do. Truly insane and frightening times.
deserttrans

Post by deserttrans »

Panic will not end until after the Presidential election. If Joe wins, we are all lost! There will be nothing out there to panic about. The Libs will try to take it all away. BE PREPARED!!
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

NBC_LT wrote: July 11th, 2020, 3:56 pm Hard pass back at ya! Nice to see that the President has reconsidered the use of a face covering to be polite as well. Time to follow his example - better late than never.
Ok. Ken.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

We had all better get ready for the post Trump victory apocalypse
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

xerts1191 wrote: July 12th, 2020, 10:41 am We had all better get ready for the post Trump victory apocalypse
I am confident in this. But I am also counting on most americans to be pragmatic and smart. Trump could get a lot of people over from the undecided category if he would stop talking about CNN and the media not liking him or giving him a fair deal.

We know this. Most of us aren't voting for him because we think he is awesome but he is a giant middle finger to the left, the media and identity politically focused morons.
Clickoops

Post by Clickoops »

I go away for a few years and i come back to all you goddamn hillbilly anti-maskers this is great i missed yall.
ANYWHOOOO how bout that panic buying? can i stop shitposting and get to the classifieds plzzzz
Buckshot Bill

Post by Buckshot Bill »

Clickoops wrote: July 12th, 2020, 2:22 pm I go away for a few years and i come back to all you goddamn hillbilly anti-maskers this is great i missed yall.
ANYWHOOOO how bout that panic buying? can i stop shitposting and get to the classifieds plzzzz
Sounds like ya better keep posting a little more, and I'm damn proud of being a god damn hillbilly anti-masker!! :D As far as panic buying being over, I was in AJI Tuesday, and I've never seen the pistol cases so empty. There were a few, but not a lot and I don't expect things to get a lot better until after the Nov. election
and,ok, welcome back.

Buckshot Bill
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Dont know if people are getting even close to their asking prices but .. just saw a used Hipoint on armslist with a $450 asking price.I have read its a fine gun but that is getting into M&P new prices. Glad i have what I like and not looking for anything.

Edited to add
I had to check my receipt but .. I picked up an M&P 2.0 in .40 about a month and a half ago and OTD was $450.00 brand new but it was an internet purchase, Oh .. and the gun is Awesome!