Carry Insurance

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
tdog90yj
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Carry Insurance

Post by tdog90yj »

Pro2a wrote: May 17th, 2020, 6:23 pm WOW, you need it cause of your own employer, sad times
Sad times but reality. Having worked .gov employment, with several agencies, for most of my adult life you learn REALLY fast that your agency will throw you under the bus if something goes sideways. The agency’s lawyers work for the agency’s interests NOT yours. If those interests HAPPEN to coincide great otherwise...

Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

Well now that the folks here have me feeling a little relaxed, it seems from this video that it can cost a LOT of money, just getting to justified...
Andrew Branca is in a great info source group on FB, and quite a subject matter expert.
If you ignore all the other stuff in this lengthy video, at least skip to 14:50 and listen to how you can NEVER trust a jury to do the right thing (or prosecutors for that matter) from a guy who's been there.

Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

Another point I've always wondered is the one he brings up at 22:15.
Stay away from the plans that you can pick from a pool of lawyers signed on to that plan.
I willing to bet that plans that let you pick your own lawyer cost more.
There's probably a reason Andrew is partnered with CCW Safe, I've also heard good things about them, and they're self insured
azatty480

Post by azatty480 »

Carry Insurance seems like a useless product. Just like most prepaid legal plans.
Flash

Post by Flash »

azatty480 wrote: May 25th, 2020, 10:04 pm Carry Insurance seems like a useless product. Just like most prepaid legal plans.
It is. I compare it to extended warranties on home appliances.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

Az desert rat 1 wrote: May 15th, 2020, 4:28 pm QuietM4 and Flash you're right. Arizona Revised States Title 13. Criminal Code 13-413. No civil liability for justified conduct. You can not be sued in Arizona if the shooting is deemed justified self defense. So in Arizona insurance in a waist of good money.
Is it that you are not civilly liable, or you cannot be sued?
It seems like those hooked on 13-413 are treating it like a free pass in a justified situation.
If so, then what's the need for this law?.....

13-420. Attorney fees; costs
The court shall award reasonable attorney fees, costs, compensation for lost income and all expenses incurred by a defendant in the defense of any civil action based on conduct otherwise justified pursuant to this chapter if the defendant prevails in the civil action.
curt1950
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by curt1950 »

the last time I needed an attorney I was charged $300 an hr. I bought insurance just so the first couple of hours would buy us some time to get things straight. The biggest question is who to get? Everybody has an opinion, hard to winnow all that info down to what I really need.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

curt1950 wrote: May 28th, 2020, 9:05 pm the last time I needed an attorney I was charged $300 an hr. I bought insurance just so the first couple of hours would buy us some time to get things straight. The biggest question is who to get? Everybody has an opinion, hard to winnow all that info down to what I really need.
There are a few comparison websites.
Andrew Branca has a wealth of knowledge on his site and FB page.
curt1950

Post by curt1950 »

Pro2a wrote: May 30th, 2020, 4:39 am
curt1950 wrote: May 28th, 2020, 9:05 pm the last time I needed an attorney I was charged $300 an hr. I bought insurance just so the first couple of hours would buy us some time to get things straight. The biggest question is who to get? Everybody has an opinion, hard to winnow all that info down to what I really need.
There are a few comparison websites.
Andrew Branca has a wealth of knowledge on his site and FB page.
I started following Andrew Granca after I already paid for the uscca. I'll look at it again next year. ty
azatty480

Post by azatty480 »

I doubt that most people would select the Attorney that will be provided under one of those plans.
Flash

Post by Flash »

azatty480 wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 6:21 pm
I doubt that most people would select the Attorney that will be provided under one of those plans.
Nope. Think about the kind of lawyer that would be willing to be on call for people who were paying a couple of hundred dollars a year. That's less than a good Attorney charges per hour.