Gun lines in movies

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
MarkItZero
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Gun lines in movies

Post by MarkItZero »

What nonsensical Hollywood bits have you seen in a movie that irritate the gun hobbyist in you?

I watched White Boy Rick last night and despite being set in 1984 there were multiple references to 40 caliber pistols. 🤦‍♂️

smithers599

Re: Gun lines in movies

Post by smithers599 »

Not Hollywood, but my wife likes to watch Father Brown Murder Mysteries, a Brit series. In one, a person points a handgun forward, presses the trigger, and falls over dead. Father Brown, the sleuth, examines the revolver and proclaims that somebody has tampered with the revolver, reversing the firing pin, which caused the bullet to come out backwards and kill the shooter.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

In the (lame) comedy movie, "Spy", when the Glock is empty, pressing the trigger makes a Click Click Click sound.
Seif

Post by Seif »

Don't forget the infamous Porcelain Glock 7
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

Pretty much every movie or tv show gets something wrong. In one show I was watching recently, they were mag dumping an M4, and then they cut to a shot on the right side that clearly shows the dust cover closed. It doesn't matter if they have a weapons expert onsite to consult and watch for continuity. Producers will always ruin something.
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

Too many to count when it comes to the morons in the "entertainment" industry but the last one I remember before getting rid of cable was the double barrel shotgun in Fear the walking dead. Bang clack-clack bang. They put a sound bit of a pump action shotgun between the shots. I just reached for the remote and changed the channel.
Last edited by Solar_Empire on April 30th, 2020, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

Solar_Empire wrote: April 30th, 2020, 3:58 pm Too many to count when it comes to the morons in the "entertainment" industry but the last one I remember before getting rid of cable was the double barrel shotgun in Fear the walking. Bang clack-clack bang. They put a sound bit of a pump action shotgun between the shots. I just reached for the remote and changed the channel.
That's awful! And they think they're enhancing it. I can overlook some of it, but even if you don't turn it off, it's so distracting that it takes you out of the story.
stomp442

Post by stomp442 »

My wife loves watching the show Supernatural and I heard this one the other night when I was walking through the room. They were investigating some shooting and were looking through the pile of brass left behind by the shooter. The shooter used an AR of course but the main guy says to the other one. "Looks like Two Hundred and Twenty-Three caliber. Must have been some sort of military sniper." I stopped dead in my tracks and made her back up the show and yep I heard that right. What a bunch of Morons.

The other one I like is the into to the show Chuck. It shows a rifle firing and the entire round comes out the barrel brass case and everything.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Love the old spaghetti westerns where they’re all wearing holsters filled with cartridges, and the pistols are cap and ball
azatty480

Post by azatty480 »

In many, many movies and TV shows, the guns apparently never have a round in the chamber and for dramatic effect they are always racking the slide or chambering a round. Even law enforcement and military in movies and TV go into hostile situations without a round in the chamber.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Vyadmirer

Post by Vyadmirer »

Maybe not a line but I hate the “chick chick” noise whenever someone points a gun. Why is that necessary in every movie?
RJS

Post by RJS »

Taxi Driver. Travis buying guns.The dealer says, Ain't she a little honey?

mtptwo

Post by mtptwo »

"Get yourself a Glock, and get rid of that nickel-plated sissy-pistol." :roll:
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »