Ammo is about to disappear again

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
jledman
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Ammo is about to disappear again

Post by jledman »

cool arrow wrote: April 24th, 2020, 8:46 am exactly true.

after the last run on ammo, I admit it, I have been hoarding ammo and shooting ALOT less
I've been trying to shoot all the ammo I have been horading since then. Makes me feel good to stop worrying about not shooting my ammo.

jledman

Post by jledman »

Harrier wrote: April 24th, 2020, 5:58 pm And here I have been shooting it up as fast as I can... I 'collected' ammo during the 80's, 90's, 00's and 10's... storing for a 'rainy' day. Now I'm trying to downsize to a manageable quantity - I don't think the SHTF is gonna happen during my lifetime, even with the way this pandemic is playing out, so I go to the range and try to shoot 1000 rounds a week.
I can't shoot it that fast, but I get tired of tripping over it. Much rather shoot it.
jledman

Post by jledman »

Elk34 wrote: April 24th, 2020, 8:34 pm Ok, so what. This sh!t comes and goes. When nothing's going on and there is no hateful rhetoric about guns and ammo, sales are down prices go down. You would think people would have learn from.the last time and buy low right. No way. Enless there is talk about taking everything, no one is buying and then something magical happens. A major event happens and all of a sudden everything is gone. Soon it will be over and ammo will be plentiful again.
He's right about the election coming up. But they'll make more. Supply and demand baby.
javelinadave

Post by javelinadave »

Looks like 9mm prices are headed back in the right direction:
https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pistol-a ... luger-ammo
mtptwo

Post by mtptwo »

I can hear the creditcards being worn out over the boarder.
Az desert rat 1

Post by Az desert rat 1 »

Price and availability read doesn't bother me. I haven't bought ammo in a long time. For over 20 years I've been reloading my own. Have numerous .50 cal. cans full of the cal. that I shoot. Cheaper and a lot more fun to reload.