Armslist Experiences

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Az desert rat 1
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Armslist Experiences

Post by Az desert rat 1 »

I've bought a few thing off the sight. Scopes, a 16" complete upper, and some stripped recievers. Never had a problem. Talked to them on the phone and set up the place to meet.

baja

Post by baja »

Dace wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 9:35 am I wonder the legality of putting on a mini get together where people bring guns to sell.

Nothin' wrong with a swap meet
javelinadave

Post by javelinadave »

Armslist is no different than here. Some good sellers and some time wasters. YMMV
300mag

Post by 300mag »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 6:37 am When Armslist first came out I both bought and sold without a problem.
Now for some reason I can't respond to adds.
When I want to respond it says to log in. I can not log in no matter what I do.
I tried to contact them and they will not let me.

I have no problem posting an add , I can post all the adds I want , but can not respond to other adds.
There is something wrong with that.
I just gave up and haven't used them in quite awhile.

The price I see for things lately I would rather go to a dealer anyway.
I also registered on Armslist and did a couple of buys with no problems but now I cannot log on anymore it says my email is wrong but yet they send me notices on that same email anyone know how to fix that
Maestro

Post by Maestro »

I got so frustrated the one time I tried to do some purchases on Backpage that I don't deal with anybody who isn't on ArizonaShooting. That experience has made me not willing to dive into ArmsList either. I have bought and sold probably dozens of firearms through the community here. Never had a bad interaction.
Roneyj

Post by Roneyj »

Just posted a couple of items on Armslist. Got replies on both items from the same email address asking if it was still available. I replied yes to both and here is what I got back.

I appreciate the quick reply.I am OK with the price stated and I would like to make an instant purchase through a certified cashier check due to tight frame work and really occupied schedule which is the reason I won’t be able to come for the pick up. I will be adding an extra $70 for shipping, insurance and holding of the item on my behalf …I urge you to get back to me with the details requested below to get the check mailed out to you without delay, If you are not willing to ship or never shipped before I could organize for a local pick pick up by a FFL dealer close to you

Details needed:

Name to be on the check…..

Complete address to receive the check…..

Phone number............(so i can text you)

Final asking price..

Here's the FFL dealer’s License # 5-74-259-01-1F-07903

When I google the FFL scams pop up everywhere. Not sure if this ever works but, I have to believe it does or else they would quit trying. Just be careful out there guys.
Stray Horse

Post by Stray Horse »

I have had the same thing accure as you guys have stated. You email and never a response. Sometimes you get ridiculous offers.
I remember years ago this forum was like being in a candy store with buying and selling guns. It was great.
AZ Husker

Post by AZ Husker »

I love Armslist. Where else can you find a Glock 19 for $800?
mbaza3

Post by mbaza3 »

I always confirm with the potential buyer that they have and are bringing a valid AZ ID. I had an occasion where the buyer "forgot" their id and asks if I can sell it to his wife in the car. No thanks. I have also been asking the potential buyer to call me before we meet. That seems to get rid of the scammers who are hiding behind text messages.

I have also pulled up to meet and driven away since I did not have a good feeling. Always trust your gut.
mbaza3

Post by mbaza3 »

AZ Husker wrote: April 30th, 2020, 10:29 am I love Armslist. Where else can you find a Glock 19 for $800?
You forgot about all the upgrades it has :D
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

mbaza3 wrote: April 30th, 2020, 10:35 am
AZ Husker wrote: April 30th, 2020, 10:29 am I love Armslist. Where else can you find a Glock 19 for $800?
You forgot about all the upgrades it has :D
Plus the labor to install said upgrades. :roll:
MarkItZero

Post by MarkItZero »

Roneyj wrote: April 29th, 2020, 9:14 pm Just posted a couple of items on Armslist. Got replies on both items from the same email address asking if it was still available. I replied yes to both and here is what I got back.

I appreciate the quick reply.I am OK with the price stated and I would like to make an instant purchase through a certified cashier check due to tight frame work and really occupied schedule which is the reason I won’t be able to come for the pick up. I will be adding an extra $70 for shipping, insurance and holding of the item on my behalf …I urge you to get back to me with the details requested below to get the check mailed out to you without delay, If you are not willing to ship or never shipped before I could organize for a local pick pick up by a FFL dealer close to you

Details needed:

Name to be on the check…..

Complete address to receive the check…..

Phone number............(so i can text you)

Final asking price..

Here's the FFL dealer’s License # 5-74-259-01-1F-07903

When I google the FFL scams pop up everywhere. Not sure if this ever works but, I have to believe it does or else they would quit trying. Just be careful out there guys.
The classic Nigerian over payment check scam. Been around as long as online classifieds have been. You couldn't list a car on Craigslist circa 2008 without getting 50 of these emails.
thom

Post by thom »

Just dont try to buy a holosun 507c from Minnesota. I think that I just got scammed. He doesn't answer anymore. And don't use" PayPal friends and family". You dont get any type of refund using that if you want to file. Does anyone have any other answers how I can get my money back?
Thanks
Thom
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

thom wrote: April 30th, 2020, 10:59 am Just dont try to buy a holosun 507c from Minnesota. I think that I just got scammed. He doesn't answer anymore. And don't use" PayPal friends and family". You dont get any type of refund using that if you want to file. Does anyone have any other answers how I can get my money back?
Thanks
Thom
Nope. It gone. Sorry man. If they are not friends or family, don't use PayPal friends and family payments (unless you're meeting someone in person). The same goes for Venmo or Zelle. If I need to pay someone remotely, I just add 3% on top to cover their fees.

I'm going through a similar thing now. I've bought and sold a lot of scopes, stocks, etc. from out of state. I've done a lot of good deals, but I had a similar experience with a scope I tried buying. I'm going through the claim process with PayPal now.
AZ Husker

Post by AZ Husker »

It's hard enough to do a local deal off Armslist. I can't imaging an out of state transaction!