Armslist Experiences

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Roneyj
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Armslist Experiences

Post by Roneyj »

Amongst all the bad I did have a great Armslist transaction today. The gentleman was on time with cash and just an overall a nice guy.

Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

Armslist can be a pain but I haven't had a bad transaction (yet). I always list the conditions in my ads (meet here, no trades, AZ ID, etc), if they ask a question and the answer is in the ad, I don't respond because clearly my 3 sentences was too much for them to comprehend...NEXT. Ignore the lowballers and "is this still available?". Honestly, I've only bought one thing on armslist and that was many years ago because the pricing is ridiculous on 99% of the ads. I sell for a fair price and it's usually gone within a week. Backpage was my PITA, I was never able to buy or sell a single thing on that site. I didn't shed a tear when it got nuked.
Basher

Post by Basher »

I've actually had pretty good luck with ArmsList. You have to learn how to weed out the scammers, lowballers, and tire kickers, but with both buying and selling, I've yet to be burned. I'm SUPER picky though, and will bail when things don't feel right. You have to pay super close attention to all the details both in ads and in communications and not be afraid to walk away.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

thom wrote: April 30th, 2020, 10:59 am Just dont try to buy a holosun 507c from Minnesota. I think that I just got scammed. He doesn't answer anymore. And don't use" PayPal friends and family". You dont get any type of refund using that if you want to file. Does anyone have any other answers how I can get my money back?
Thanks
Thom
PayPal will not help you if you paid Family and Friends. If anyone asks you to pay with Family and Friends, be very wary. Always pay the 3% PayPal fee to cover yourself.

Your only recourse now is thru you bank institution/credit card company. Wishing you the best of luck
Last edited by Rock Hardson on April 30th, 2020, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

Rock Hardson wrote: April 30th, 2020, 4:29 pm
thom wrote: April 30th, 2020, 10:59 am Just dont try to buy a holosun 507c from Minnesota. I think that I just got scammed. He doesn't answer anymore. And don't use" PayPal friends and family". You dont get any type of refund using that if you want to file. Does anyone have any other answers how I can get my money back?
Thanks
Thom
PayPal will not help you if you paid Family and Friends. If anyone asks you to pay with Family and Friends, be very wary. Always pay the 3% PayPal fee to cover yourself.

Your only recourse now is thru you bank institution/credit card company.
Last week, a guy in Texas bought a $400 rifle stock off of me, and HE requested to pay with PayPal friends and family. Good thing for him that I'm not a scammer.
Yotatrd4x4
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Yotatrd4x4 »

I have seen mostly the same as the above posters. Meet some good people and got some good deals on buying, trading or quick sales when I have something to sell to buy another toy when my wife wont let me keep spending. Had plenty of positives on that site but have had tons of flakes and multiple times had planned put a meet etc and agreed on prices to have people just go cold on a deal or try to change process last second or even agree to a time and place to meet then not show.