Armslist Experiences

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
paulgt2164
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Armslist Experiences

Post by paulgt2164 »

I have bought / sold quite a bit off there, rarely had an issue.

Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Armslist is the armpit of gun-selling websites, lots of BS auto-reply spam, lowball offers (if you're selling) and just plain idiocy/flakes that never show, anti-gunners setting up meetings and never showing up, just to waste your time. People trying to bargain before they even see the firearm, playing games. Plenty of California scammers looking to buy here in Arizona, too.
theflatline

Post by theflatline »

Had a lot more ghosting on armslist than I did with back page but I don't get to stressed about it. Always have an abundance of caution when setting up deals though.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 6:37 am When Armslist first came out I both bought and sold without a problem.
Now for some reason I can't respond to adds.
When I want to respond it says to log in. I can not log in no matter what I do.
I tried to contact them and they will not let me.

I have no problem posting an add , I can post all the adds I want , but can not respond to other adds.
There is something wrong with that.
I just gave up and haven't used them in quite awhile.

The price I see for things lately I would rather go to a dealer anyway.
You have to be registered and log into your account to reply to any ad now. I think that changed about a month ago. If you need any additional help, PM me and I would be happy to help you.

I had much better results with Backpage. Armslist is the Craigslist of gun selling sites. Lots of flakes, lots of low ballers, and lots of pieces of sh!t, generally speaking. Occasionally, I will run into a great person. I did this morning, actually.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

My experience is similar to those above. Backpage was much, MUCH better. I've had more failures than successes with AL. With BP, I had at least a 90% success rate.
Dangerruss

Post by Dangerruss »

I just started using a few weeks ago. I have been very successful selling. Yes, I have to wade through some idiots now and then. The worse was some Commieforna resident trying to meet me for a rifle. I had to explain 8 different ways that it was illegal. He kept saying I will be there in 6 hours with cash! Me: I'm sorry but you are not a Arizona resident! Him: my daughter lives in Tuscon is that okay? Me: Not now; That is a straw purchase. Him: Can't you help me out? I'm a good guy! Me: I believe you that is why I have been nice and explained how you must us a dealer for an out of state purchase.
Teuton

Post by Teuton »

Both bought and sold but experience has been hit or miss lately.
I got the hots for a G19 and pursued every ad in Arizona with no success. My guess
is that they were fishing for bids since the G19 was/is very popular right now.

Ended up buying a new complete Gen3 lower, aftermarket slide off Gunbroker and a threaded barrel off mail order for right at $400. Picked up 2 cheap 15 rd flush mags locally, new and Glock branded and a donated pair of sights. Works for me.

All about timing and having the time to go hunting.
jes3se

Post by jes3se »

I’m just seeing a lot of shade on there. A few posts I replied to were the same guy, posing as different people, from different parts of the state. Total scam. Even tried to get me to send him copies of my id and such.
ale4me

Post by ale4me »

I just did a deal on there a couple days ago, went great. They guy ended up living a few minutes from me. Haven’t had a bad experience (yet).
AZ_Misfit
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by AZ_Misfit »

Armslist is pretty meh. A lot of no shows and ghosting. But I’ve found a gem or two, just have to be patient.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Rock Hardson wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 11:15 am
Ballistic Therapy wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 6:37 am When Armslist first came out I both bought and sold without a problem.
Now for some reason I can't respond to adds.
When I want to respond it says to log in. I can not log in no matter what I do.
I tried to contact them and they will not let me.

I have no problem posting an add , I can post all the adds I want , but can not respond to other adds.
There is something wrong with that.
I just gave up and haven't used them in quite awhile.

The price I see for things lately I would rather go to a dealer anyway.
You have to be registered and log into your account to reply to any ad now. I think that changed about a month ago. If you need any additional help, PM me and I would be happy to help you.

I had much better results with Backpage. Armslist is the Craigslist of gun selling sites. Lots of flakes, lots of low ballers, and lots of pieces of sh!t, generally speaking. Occasionally, I will run into a great person. I did this morning, actually.
I made an account but never got an email confirming it.
When I tried to contact them they wouldn't let me send an email.
It say's the answer is in the FAQ's.
I never could get it figured out.
Twobadazbrothers

Post by Twobadazbrothers »

Never had a deal go through always some flake or scammer so I stay away like its the Corona Virus :naughty:
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

I just completed a transaction on Armslist today where someone from Texas bought a rifle stock from me. They said their preferred payment method was PayPal F&F (friends and family). I was just shocked. He might as well have sent the money with Venmo or Zelle. If I was a scammer, he would have absolutely no buyer protection and he'd be out $400 with no stock to show for it. Some people are too trusting, and there's a reason scammers are hanging around sites like this. If you don't know the person, please offer to pay 3% on top to PayPal the money appropriately. Not that you can buy guns with PayPal.
brandyspaw

Post by brandyspaw »

I've had better dealings in buying and selling on Gunbroker than using Armslist. It seemed to be more flakes using Armslist.
guardyan_angyl

Post by guardyan_angyl »

Missed out on a smoking deal I have been trying to find for a while. My dad has always wanted a Remington 572 pump action 22 for as long as I can remember. Guy started out at $450 for one in really good condition. It sat there for a quite a while So I made him a reasonable offer. He never responded. He finally brought the price down to under what I had originally offered him. By the time I could get him to respond he had sold it. Talk about disappointment. So on a side note if anyone has one they want to get rid of for a decent price let me know.