Cleaning out the gun safe and closet

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
guardyan_angyl
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Cleaning out the gun safe and closet

Post by guardyan_angyl »

Well got bored today so I thought I would tackle cleaning/reorganizing the gun safe and closet. Man I can’t believe some of the crap I forgot I had laying around. Of course the obligatory drawer full of random holsters that either didn’t make the cut or got rid of the gun (I don’t even know what some of them go to). Found a bunch (and I mean bunch) of Beretta M9 Mags both USGI and Beretta. I don’t even own an M9.....yet. A 30 round mag I am assuming is also an M9 Mag but don’t really know. Who knows how many random scope covers. Feels like yard sale time but can’t do that yet :naughty:

Then I had a squirrel moment and saw an ad here wanting to buy an older Marlin 336. Got me to thinking about one I have had forever and never shoot all the way in the back of the safe. Pulled it out and had to do a little research on it to see when it was made. 1969. Not to shabby. Don’t think I’ll get rid of it just yet though.

What’s something you found hiding away you forgot all about? Well squirrel moments over. I better get this closet put back together before the wife realizes I have everything yanked out and all over the floor :D

Winmagbill

Re: Cleaning out the gun safe and closet

Post by Winmagbill »

Found a Green Mountain M4-style barrel for a Ruger 10/22. I pulled it off so I could “test” another barrel but put away too well and couldn’t find it later.
Joelgas1

Post by Joelgas1 »

I was shopping for an elk rifle and decided to clean my safe out last week. Found a beautiful Mauser 30-06 that I had acquired years ago and completely forgot that I had it. New scope is being shipped so save me a lot of $$$
Copperhead
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Copperhead »

Funny you should say that. Remodeling a back bedroom to be my indoor shop. Just found a couple Pelican cases, 10 pounds of Tannerite, and an unfired Ruger American in .308
effjaybay

Post by effjaybay »

I was always finding ammo stashed away in different hiding spots in my closet and garage. If the wife needed something from Walmart, I'd offer to go but stopping first in the sporting goods section of course. I'd buy some boxes and go get the stuff I was there to get in the first place. I'd come home and stash it before walking in to the rest of the house with only the requested items in my hand. Months would pass by and I'll be rummaging in my closet and find 250 rd boxes of 9mm and 200 rd boxes of 223. It's like Easter for me all year long. A couple months ago, I found a box of pmags still in their sealed bags. That's what happens when I'm bored on a weekend, I raid the liquor cabinet, and go online.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

lol, don't get me started, and its been a while since i even dug deeper than the door to the toy room, ugh, afraid to accutally

happy friday glad to be here
Rj
Vyadmirer

Post by Vyadmirer »

I found a box of like 20 xd40 mags. First pistol I ever got and don’t remember where when I picked those up but musta been a screamin deal
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Yep,...Tannerite. Found some 15-year-old stuff I've had stashed away.
Joelgas1

Post by Joelgas1 »

Copperhead wrote: April 17th, 2020, 1:31 pm Funny you should say that. Remodeling a back bedroom to be my indoor shop. Just found a couple Pelican cases, 10 pounds of Tannerite, and an unfired Ruger American in .308
Nice find on the .308 lol
Buckshot Bill

Post by Buckshot Bill »

Sounds to me -from what I'm reading here about all these "found treasures", - y'all could get together when all this virus crap is over and have one hell of a "Arizona Shooting swap meet/sale/get together"?

Bill
maddock

Post by maddock »

I onece found a brick of Mini-Mags with a gift card that still had 40 dollars on it. And I don't even have a wife to hide things from.
TacMedic

Post by TacMedic »

I need to clean out more stuff and list it....too many things in the safes that just sit there.
Winmagbill

Post by Winmagbill »

Joelgas1 wrote: April 17th, 2020, 1:28 pm I was shopping for an elk rifle and decided to clean my safe out last week. Found a beautiful Mauser 30-06 that I had acquired years ago and completely forgot that I had it. New scope is being shipped so save me a lot of $$$
Yeah that always sounded crazy until I had it happen myself. Last thanksgiving I did my annual “oil the safe queens” at the back of the safe and found a gun that I couldn’t even remember buying. It took an honest 30 minutes before I could piece together the memory of the transaction. A couple of days after the purchase I had some major family issues arise and promptly forgot about it for a year.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Kinda like Christmas all over again
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

This thread got me all excited now to get into my safe and see what I have forgotten about.