Bill of Sale

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: You talk'in to me?

Post by smithers599 »

Harrier wrote: April 13th, 2020, 6:25 am (much deleted)
Remember the guy who just sold some ammo to the LV shooter?
He got screwed anyway.
That was a reverse situation. The seller gave the buyer a receipt.
And how did the police track down the seller? By the info on the sales receipt. If he had not given the receipt, or if the psycho killer had thrown away the receipt, the police would never have bothered the seller. Where did the psycho killer get the ammo? From some guy at some gun show at some time. It was the receipt that doomed him to be a scapegoat.

Sounds to me like a good reason to not have my name and contact info on a piece of paper somewhere.

Harrier

Post by Harrier »

smithers599 wrote: April 13th, 2020, 11:05 am
Harrier wrote: April 13th, 2020, 6:25 am (much deleted)
Remember the guy who just sold some ammo to the LV shooter?
He got screwed anyway.
That was a reverse situation. The seller gave the buyer a receipt.
And how did the police track down the seller? By the info on the sales receipt. If he had not given the receipt, or if the psycho killer had thrown away the receipt, the police would never have bothered the seller. Where did the psycho killer get the ammo? From some guy at some gun show at some time. It was the receipt that doomed him to be a scapegoat.

Sounds to me like a good reason to not have my name and contact info on a piece of paper somewhere.
not quite...
... two unfired .308-caliber (7.62mm) rounds found in gunman Stephen Paddock's hotel room had Haig's fingerprints on them as well as tool marks from his workshop....
---police found his client's name and address on a box that Paddock had -- a box that Haig gave him to carry the tracer rounds he had bought...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/02/us/dougl ... index.html

now back on topic...
Toy00taco
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Bill of Sale

Post by Toy00taco »

I always stop paying attention to an ad when it mentions the bill of sale requirement or taking a picture of an ID. I don’t mind flashing an ID or CCW, however I believe if anyone has a requirement other than a quick flash that it needs to be clearly posted in the ad. I’m pretty sure that the whole idea behind a bill of sale is to protect the buyer not the seller, I had never heard of a seller keeping a copy of one until people started wanting one for the sale of a firearm. If you are in possession of said item and have a BOS you can prove you legally purchased it, never heard of a seller ever having to prove they legally sold anything. For the sellers or buyers going along with this do you provide/receive a copy of the sellers drivers license along with the BOS, guessing not because the seller probably doesn't want a random person having all of their personally identifiable information. Not sure why these sellers have perverted the idea that a bill of sale is now somehow to be used to protect the seller. If something you sold is later used in a crime the likelihood that you were anywhere in the vicinity of said crime is pretty slim and with today’s technology easily proven.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

My opinion is this. If I want a bill of sale I get it or I walk. If a person buying a gun from me wants it or not I get a bill of sale or they walk. That's my opinion. Don't really care what anyone else thinks
Manitu

Post by Manitu »

I got sandbagged on a G19 deal with a guy once named the maytag man....hit me with the receipt at the meetup, oh well I did it. Several years later he had a different name and something else I wanted and when I saw him remember his stealth receipt tactics...dont pay attention to him anylonger ...still around though.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Manitu wrote: April 13th, 2020, 3:42 pm I got sandbagged on a G19 deal with a guy once named the maytag man....hit me with the receipt at the meetup, oh well I did it. Several years later he had a different name and something else I wanted and when I saw him remember his stealth receipt tactics...dont pay attention to him anylonger ...still around though.
and that there is the first REAL complaint in this thread! All the terms of the sale should have been laid out clearly so you could make a decision on whether or not the conditions met up with your wants/needs. In the end .. Guy is allowed to ask what price and set whatever conditions he wants.

Funny thing about Freedoms .. Its not a pick and choose thing. If you are for freedom then it applies when someone else uses theirs in a way you dont agree with.

I will be honest .. if someone put up a classic 4" 27 in excellent condition at $600 but I had to sing jenny on the block .... I just might consider it!! :mrgreen:

But I would still want to know up front and not after I arrived to a meet .. I mean .. I gotta practice! :dance:
Twobadazbrothers

Post by Twobadazbrothers »

Only bill of sale I'm doing is from a purchase from an FFL if a private seller wants one I'll pound sand most sellers here are Freedom lover's but we do have the occasional xcali xnewyorker who wants a bill of sale for their records I just pass even if it's a great deal
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

Harrier wrote: April 13th, 2020, 6:25 am Remember the guy who just sold some ammo to the LV shooter?
He got screwed anyway.
Now I'm curious. What happened? I didn't see anything on that and it went away without a trace.
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

I agree and will not complete a bill of sale on a FTF deal. Its not required nor do I want my info stored in someones files. I have absolutely no issue showing an AZ DL with my CCW or asking for that in return when Im the seller but please list that in the ad up front so everyone knows what to expect.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

There are way too many gun laws already IMO. I do not understand why anyone would want to make up their own. Their business, but I will not deal with them.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Tenring wrote: April 14th, 2020, 1:43 pm There are way too many gun laws already IMO. I do not understand why anyone would want to make up their own.
Because there are a number of people who are afraid of their own shadow. The Corona Virus has demonstrated that pretty amply.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Flash wrote: April 14th, 2020, 2:19 pm
Tenring wrote: April 14th, 2020, 1:43 pm There are way too many gun laws already IMO. I do not understand why anyone would want to make up their own.
Because there are a number of people who are afraid of their own shadow. The Corona Virus has demonstrated that pretty amply.
Badda-Bing,... you got that RIGHT!!!
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

:flags-usa: You guys are so funny. I'm not this or I'm not that. What you tell us might not be what you really do when that great deal comes your way and you have to have it.
trickyrick

Post by trickyrick »

what pisses me off is the one that states must have a az dl and ccw preferred....to me that means it is an option but not necessary, just preferred. but when you say i don't have ccw, you don't even get a response back....i can carry w/o so i don't need one plain and simple.
baby huey

Post by baby huey »

I figure that if it’s a condition of the sale then it’s the seller’s prerogative. I’ve had buyers ask to see my ID though. I think that’s weird and am not going to show them my home address.

I don’t ask. Not like I’d keep the records anyway.