Ben Avery - closed

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Flash
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Ben Avery - closed

Post by Flash »

New Rangemaster who's busily throwing people out and banning them for periods of time from 6 months to life.

paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

They are now reopened.....but you have to "book" in advance.

The new rules for now :
Ben Avery rifle and pistol range rules

All existing safety rules remain in effect. Below are additional directives as operation guidelines continue to be developed.

One shooter per table, except at tables designated for families (limited to two members).
Juniors are allowed to shoot only in the family area and must be supervised by an adult at all times.
To maintain social distancing, staff cannot offer personal assistance to new shooters.
Two firearms are allowed per table. All firearms are to be kept on the shooting tables. The backbench is strictly off limits at all times.
There are no refunds, and there is no cancellation and rescheduling of reservations at this time.
A “zero tolerance” policy will be strictly enforced. Any shooter who operates his or her firearm(s) or acts in an unsafe manner will be asked to leave the facility.
Some more of the "new" rules.....
One shooter per table, except family designated tables which are limited to 2 people.
Two firearms per table. All firearms will be kept on the shooting tables. The backbench is strictly off-limits at all times.
No shotguns.
No one under the age of 16 allowed outside of the family shooting area.
No muzzleloaders allowed at this time.
No chronographs may be set up at this time.
You can only collect brass that is behind the red firing line.
No tools will be loaned.
Due to standards of social distancing, personalized assistance cannot be offered to new shooters.
Due to extenuating circumstances, there is a “ZERO TOLERANCE” policy in place for any safety infraction.
Juniors may only shoot in the family section and must be supervised by an adult at all times.
We cannot offer refunds nor reschedule reservations at this time.

It also appears the online booking system is only for the steel target range, no paper targets allowed.....So that is useless if you are looking to sight something in, or shoot groups.

This pisses me off, as I have like 8 new shiny things to shoot - and they are only allowing 2 per table. So does that mean I can uncase two at a time? Two total? I fail to see how limiting the amount of firearms or not opening the paper target range has anything to do with spreading this "pandemic."
AR-15Man

Post by AR-15Man »

Well that sucks. More lockdown BS, might have to just wait a while longer.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

Yep, just wait longer. Annoying. I guess unless I am driving all the way to Rio Salado I will wait it out and shoot my new stuff. I am sure it will be back to normal after the temps reach 112+ lol
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

paulgt2164 wrote: May 11th, 2020, 8:44 am They are now reopened.....but you have to "book" in advance.

The new rules for now :
Ben Avery rifle and pistol range rules

All existing safety rules remain in effect. Below are additional directives as operation guidelines continue to be developed.

One shooter per table, except at tables designated for families (limited to two members).
Juniors are allowed to shoot only in the family area and must be supervised by an adult at all times.
To maintain social distancing, staff cannot offer personal assistance to new shooters.
Two firearms are allowed per table. All firearms are to be kept on the shooting tables. The backbench is strictly off limits at all times.
There are no refunds, and there is no cancellation and rescheduling of reservations at this time.
A “zero tolerance” policy will be strictly enforced. Any shooter who operates his or her firearm(s) or acts in an unsafe manner will be asked to leave the facility.
Some more of the "new" rules.....
One shooter per table, except family designated tables which are limited to 2 people.
Two firearms per table. All firearms will be kept on the shooting tables. The backbench is strictly off-limits at all times.
No shotguns.
No one under the age of 16 allowed outside of the family shooting area.
No muzzleloaders allowed at this time.
No chronographs may be set up at this time.
You can only collect brass that is behind the red firing line.
No tools will be loaned.
Due to standards of social distancing, personalized assistance cannot be offered to new shooters.
Due to extenuating circumstances, there is a “ZERO TOLERANCE” policy in place for any safety infraction.
Juniors may only shoot in the family section and must be supervised by an adult at all times.
We cannot offer refunds nor reschedule reservations at this time.

It also appears the online booking system is only for the steel target range, no paper targets allowed.....So that is useless if you are looking to sight something in, or shoot groups.

This pisses me off, as I have like 8 new shiny things to shoot - and they are only allowing 2 per table. So does that mean I can uncase two at a time? Two total? I fail to see how limiting the amount of firearms or not opening the paper target range has anything to do with spreading this "pandemic."
They want you on the range ,shoot your 100 rds or so and then get the F#ck out. That's it. Now it's just a turn over thing. Unless they are having a major problem to stop shooting, there is no time out. I'm sure they are charging a premium.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Wonder if the bathrooms are open :lol:
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Sure $10 :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Tenring wrote: May 11th, 2020, 4:10 pm Wonder if the bathrooms are open :lol:
Shot there last Thursday. Bathrooms not open. Good practice shooting while hopping up and down on one leg.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Just saw that, from $7 to $10 ..... never let a crisis/virus go to waste!
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Maybe I should start selling these.
Attachments
s7_515746_imageset_01.jpg
s7_515746_imageset_01.jpg (11.66 KiB) Viewed 7233 times
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Email from Ben Avery honcho Dave Williams:

Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2020 4:15 PM
To:
Subject: Range update

Hello User Groups,

I had told you that as soon as I had some updated information, I would pass it along to you.

We will be starting to slowly move that dimmer switch to the right.

Effective Wednesday, by reservation only, we will start opening the Main Range to the public. With that opening, we will also start opening up other parts of the range as well.

How the dimmer switch will work.

• Buildings will remain closed.

• Restrooms will be open.

• Social distancing of 6 feet is still mandatory. We will continue to limit ranges to ten individuals with the following exception: If you as the instructor\ responsible party can identify how you will be able to accommodate larger shooting groups while maintaining social distancing, we may waive the ten individual limit. If you have a current reservation and you think you may exceed the 10 person limit, please email me with your plan to maintain the social distance. If you have a pending reservation or will be making a reservation, please use the description box on the reservation page to explain your plan. If approval is given, it will be up to you to ensure that your plan of the 6ft social distancing guideline is adhered to. Do not put the range in a position where we must ask you to leave because you did not follow your own plan.

In addition, please remember;

• We ask that you remind your students or shooters that if they are feeling ill, they need to stay home. It is your choice to make them aware that if they are an individual with an underlying health issue or an older person they have a higher risk of contracting this virus and it is in their best interest to stay home.

• Please continue to follow CDC guidance, and if any shooters or students are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 that they be asked to leave. You have a right to ask the student to leave the range or reschedule. Everyone’s health is in our best interest.

• Provide your students adequate amounts of sanitation if needed This includes spray or wipes that contain at least 70% alcohol or a 1:8 bleach to water ratio. (restrooms will be open for use).

• Do not provide food or water during your event. Ask your students to bring their own supplies.

• Ensure your students know where they are supposed to be reporting to. It is up to you to provide them with maps or directions to your class location.

This will be a slow process to get back to full operation. Your cooperation and support over the last several weeks have been greatly appreciated.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
82echo

Post by 82echo »

Went out there this afternoon. As you might expect, they weren't very busy. Got there a bit early for the appointment, one of the range masters gave me a tour.

Basically, every other table is closed. There is a section for handguns and another section for rifles. The difference being how far out the targets are. Only one shooter can be at the table, except for the section devoted to families. The logic being, say a father is teaching his young son how to shoot.

You can bring out as many firearms as you want. However, only two can be uncased on the table at any one time. He explained to me that when they do the cease fire at 10 minutes before the hour, they want to shooter to be able to case up quickly so the next shooter with a reservation can get the table quickly.

It was interesting, they are going to a lot of trouble to keep everyone as separated as possible. To be honest, I felt a lot safer out there than I do at the grocery store. Shot for an hour, had a good time.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

GringoLoco wrote: April 9th, 2020, 8:18 am
samnev wrote: April 9th, 2020, 7:16 am I have a brake on my 308 AIAW and my 308 Les Baer Match Sniper. When ever I go to the range I try to find a bench that has empty benches around it. I always get to the range early and bring AR's with no brake. If the range get crowded I take out a rifle with no brake.
The last several times I've gone, I've been next to guys that have suppressors... however, they have them removed, so they're shooting their operated out 10.3" AR with a 3 port brake just to "piss everyone off". That's what one of them told me.

Good to know some people care about their neighbors and want others to have an enjoyable time. Thank you and take care!
And then you have assholes at BA that complain that you have a suppressor and only police and military should have them. So I took it off and put the brake on as the little prick smiled, he didn't know it was a .416 Barret. He goes and complains and they told him tough luck. Rattled him so much he stomped out and I put the suppressor back on.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

lol
792mauser

Post by 792mauser »

ha!
Did something similar with my 300 win mag last year at Rio.
He complained and thankfully the R.O. just ignored him.
He asked me to remove it so I wouldn't set a "bad example" for his teen daughter.
So I did. and spun on the JP brake.

Let's just say that 78gr of H1000 and a JP brake don't play well with neighbors.