Ben Avery - closed

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Tenring
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Ben Avery - closed

Post by Tenring »

It was a good hour shooting, got three tables in a row because we were the first in line to go in shooting handgun. New shooters had a great time, we were able to switch tables and shoot each others blasters.

I do like the no cease fire every 15min then waiting for the azzhat to go walking out late to 200yd and back. But miss setting our own targets at a given distance. Shooting steel is good for combat shooting not so much for precision.

Steel is set about 20 to 25yrd.
Avery2.jpg

weenis

Post by weenis »

Your picture displays such blind obedience.

How appropriate.

I shoot what I want.

At what distance I want.

Your compliance is for liberal women.
Limper
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Limper »

weenis, not sure what your vitriol towards Tenring's post is for. He was answering another member's question about how his trip to Ben Avery range went instructing some new shooters (good for him). I'm glad for you that you have the resources/opportunity/ideal shooting spot to freely shoot like you want. However, I'm pretty sure that if he ignored the rules at Ben Avery instead of "complying to them like a liberal woman" the new shooters and his shooting experience would have been very short and not very fun for all of them.

For instructing new shooters Ben Avery is a relatively convenient, controlled environment for those who may not have the same resources/opportunity/ideal shooting spot that you enjoy. The steel targets are generous size and give enjoyable feedback when hit which I think enhances the shooting experience for a new shooter.

I definitely prefer shooting at my favorite shooting spots as opposed to the public range. But the public range is logistically convenient for sighting in firearms and assisting new shooters. People may disagree about what level of control over the shooting environment is appropriate at a public range, but I think there has to be a certain level of control to ensure safety when dealing with various weapon skill levels (or lack thereof) and situational awareness of the general public.
82echo

Post by 82echo »

Well said Limper..
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Actually Ben Avery is my preferred place to take new shooters to learn basic firearm safety, not really under the current format, but it it's alright. The desert is good after they understand the basics of a firing line, range safety etc. I really would not want to take new shooters to shoot USPSA with us in the Cactus Combat Match League, that they really need to work up to.

Thanks for the comments guys - I attribute weenis drivel as coming from a kid on his parents computer or a troll. But if not and you have a problem with me wee - I'm your Huckleberry
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

And not everyone has a off-roadable vehicle to go find a spot in the desert. I won't go shoot at the popular desert spots as the few times I have the idiot-factor was overwhelming.

Since I don't have a 4x4 and don't want to scour a map to find a new place to shoot, and apparently even amongst well-established members - shooting spot information is more closely guarded than debit card pins, Ben Avery is the most convenient venue. I have been shooting there for 10+ years and never had an incident with a overbearing RSO or had an issue with any of the staff.

Given the efforts of the anti-gun groups, environmental groups, etc - we are lucky to have facilities like Ben Avery.
deadshot556

Post by deadshot556 »

After reading their new scamdemic compliance rules, I will just pass on the range. Sad, but oh well.
When it goes back to the standard SOP, awesome. Until then Ben Avery can shove it up their collective butts.
Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I was thinking of going. Now I think I will wait.
82echo

Post by 82echo »

Lynyrd wrote: June 20th, 2020, 5:03 pm I was thinking of going. Now I think I will wait.
Why? It's not that bad, though sighting in a rifle is a challenge. I went out with my 1911, I enjoyed shooting steel. Plus, it's a lot calmer out there than the usual weekend crowd.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Took my new shooting friends to Avery again today, they just had to go again!

After they ask me to take them this upcoming week but I am busy, my buddy's girlfriend told him, we can come ourselves and practice. I thought to myself, mission accomplished. Plus he has to go out and buy a Sig P238, I let the girlfriend shoot mine and she just has to have one lol.

Just for the record there 82echo, I had 2 of my 1911's with me today. :dance:
Pipedoc

Post by Pipedoc »

can't wait for this nonsense to be over, I enjoy shooting at Ben Avery however I think I shall wait for now
weenis

Post by weenis »

Ben Avery was done the moment they decided to virtue signal and remove all the courtesy wooden shooting blocks.

Now the range nazi's lose their mind if I want to eat some chips, or have a drink at my table.

The entire place is run by leftist liberal cucks, most of which are out of state snowbirds that live in RV's onsight.

Screw Ben Avery and every single person that works there. BA can rot, along with this entire state. Farewell AZ, it was good while it lasted.
82echo

Post by 82echo »

Tenring wrote: June 20th, 2020, 6:33 pm...
Just for the record there 82echo, I had 2 of my 1911's with me today. :dance:
My 1911 is my favorite handgun. Springfield, Range Master model in 9mm. Way beats my glocks..
Exorpmtech
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Exorpmtech »

weenis wrote: June 21st, 2020, 11:40 am Ben Avery was done the moment they decided to virtue signal and remove all the courtesy wooden shooting blocks.

Now the range nazi's lose their mind if I want to eat some chips, or have a drink at my table.

The entire place is run by leftist liberal cucks, most of which are out of state snowbirds that live in RV's onsight.

Screw Ben Avery and every single person that works there. BA can rot, along with this entire state. Farewell AZ, it was good while it lasted.
deadshot556

Post by deadshot556 »

weenis wrote: June 21st, 2020, 11:40 am Ben Avery was done the moment they decided to virtue signal and remove all the courtesy wooden shooting blocks.

Yup.