Ben Avery - closed

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
trickyrick
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Ben Avery - closed

Post by trickyrick »

so they will open may 1st?

theChad

Post by theChad »

If this is closed, how do the general BLM locations in NW lake pleasant or North Phx (table Mesa) look? Are these desert locations just jammed full by mid/late morning?
jledman

Post by jledman »

admin wrote: April 1st, 2020, 9:07 pm
Tenring wrote: April 1st, 2020, 7:27 pm Every other bay was my thought as well, if fact that would be nice. I always hate getting a table next to an AR-15 with a brake....when that happens I pull out and shoot my AR-10 with a brake. :o
Lol... anytime I bring my kids to shoot with me there, I almost inevitably get the table next to some guy with a 300WM and a muzzle brake on it.

Can't stand shooting right next to them; ugh. Not pleasant and it has really turned my kids off. If there are more tables, I always ask to be relocated, but often it's too packed, or we end up next to someone else that has a brake. They are much more prevalent now than they were 10 years ago, it seems.
I'm with you on the muzzle brake issue or the guy with 1000 rounds to shoot. When you ask to relocate to another table, they say, this is a shooting range.

I think the reason it's closed is because the volunteer range masters are afraid to get sick. The one told me he didn't want to be there.
Flash

Post by Flash »

jledman, that's interesting about the guys being afraid to get sick because the ones at C2 Tactical and Rio Salado Shotgun range seem to be the opposite. They don't seem to be at all worried about it.
samnev

Post by samnev »

I have a brake on my 308 AIAW and my 308 Les Baer Match Sniper. When ever I go to the range I try to find a bench that has empty benches around it. I always get to the range early and bring AR's with no brake. If the range get crowded I take out a rifle with no brake.
GringoLoco

Post by GringoLoco »

samnev wrote: April 9th, 2020, 7:16 am I have a brake on my 308 AIAW and my 308 Les Baer Match Sniper. When ever I go to the range I try to find a bench that has empty benches around it. I always get to the range early and bring AR's with no brake. If the range get crowded I take out a rifle with no brake.
The last several times I've gone, I've been next to guys that have suppressors... however, they have them removed, so they're shooting their operated out 10.3" AR with a 3 port brake just to "piss everyone off". That's what one of them told me.

Good to know some people care about their neighbors and want others to have an enjoyable time. Thank you and take care!
Flash

Post by Flash »

There are people whose sole purpose in life is to serve as a bad example to others.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

That is why I am glad I am usually off on weekdays, normally there is very few people at Ben Avery on wed and thurs.
Flash

Post by Flash »

And the weekday crowd is very different from the weekend crowd.
Ben7

Post by Ben7 »

Agreed. Weds/Thurs are the best days. Get there early, and people are actually sociable, and having fun.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

GringoLoco wrote: April 9th, 2020, 8:18 am
samnev wrote: April 9th, 2020, 7:16 am I have a brake on my 308 AIAW and my 308 Les Baer Match Sniper. When ever I go to the range I try to find a bench that has empty benches around it. I always get to the range early and bring AR's with no brake. If the range get crowded I take out a rifle with no brake.
The last several times I've gone, I've been next to guys that have suppressors... however, they have them removed, so they're shooting their operated out 10.3" AR with a 3 port brake just to "piss everyone off". That's what one of them told me.

Good to know some people care about their neighbors and want others to have an enjoyable time. Thank you and take care!
Had a d***head complain that people should not have suppressors, I took it off and continued firing my 416 with the brake until he left, then I put it back on.
GringoLoco

Post by GringoLoco »

338lapua wrote: April 9th, 2020, 12:50 pm
GringoLoco wrote: April 9th, 2020, 8:18 am

Had a d***head complain that people should not have suppressors, I took it off and continued firing my 416 with the brake until he left, then I put it back on.
LOL!!! I get that.. that's funny!
ale4me

Post by ale4me »

That stinks. Is Rio Salado open?
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

Last I heard, it was.

I need to buy a BLM map and find a new place. The desert spot I was using that was a bit of a "secret" is no longer viable - since they started building out there. If anyone has a nice spot please PM me the location - I am responsible and clean up after myself....(and usually others who can't...lol)
gunpoorboy1

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

In reference to Gringoloco's statement that a d----head said that people shouldn't have suppressors.

What kind of a shooter would complain about anyone having a suppressor?
I would love to have a surpassed rifle 4 feet away from my ears. What am I
missing here?