Ammo Hoarding

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Ammo Hoarding

Post by Elk34 »

Now I would like to know what amount of ammo does it take to make you a hoarder. Where do you draw the line from being prepared to being a hoarder.

Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Ammo Hoarding

Post by Tim McBride »

Hoarding is a communist term.
Rpowell600
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by Rpowell600 »

Can never really have enough I suppose. Bigger question is, how high can you raise the price of ammo before you are considered a price gouger?
Kingjoey

Post by Kingjoey »

Having ammo is like having money, can't really put a limit on it. I have enough ammo to wipe out a small town....but I can always use another case 😉
delta6

Post by delta6 »

If you're a shooter, I mean get out 2-3 times per week shooter, then you probably could never be a hoarder.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

i wanna be a called a hoarder, ca',mon call me one
Rj
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Ok so let's look at this. I believe that if you have 10k in pistol and 10k in rifle as a war stock and you go to try to buy more just before a major event that is hoarding. Because honesty you really don't need any more, let others that have none get theirs. People who have , in my eyes 10k of each and think they need to take more away from.your neighbors that have none, you might be a hoarder.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

hell we shoot 5k in one day between the three of us, 10k of ammo is nothing for shooters
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Elk34 wrote: March 21st, 2020, 5:12 pm Ok so let's look at this. I believe that if you have 10k in pistol and 10k in rifle as a war stock and you go to try to buy more just before a major event that is hoarding. Because honesty you really don't need any more, let others that have none get theirs. People who have , in my eyes 10k of each and think they need to take more away from.your neighbors that have none, you might be a hoarder.
Hmm... 10K of 9MM is barely 4 weeks worth of shooting... :whistle:
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

War stock not daily shooting. War stock ,you don't touch.
thom

Post by thom »

Haha. What a question! I just think it is funny, and not a realistic question.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

knockonit wrote: March 21st, 2020, 5:16 pm hell we shoot 5k in one day between the three of us, 10k of ammo is nothing for shooters
Now I think we know who Ranger1 is.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

thom wrote: March 21st, 2020, 5:34 pm Haha. What a question! I just think it is funny, and not a realistic question.
I don't this rolls into the gouging question . So 10,000 rds is more than enough to protect you and your family in a all out the earth is melting scenario. Bottom line. Now I'm sure if you bought those it was when they were cheap. Now as the price goes up for those who have none it's always the ones who have enough that complain about the price. The ones who have none are happy to.have and get 50 or 100 rds. So in my eyes the one who have enough and want more are true hoaders
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

Elk34 wrote: March 21st, 2020, 5:12 pm Ok so let's look at this. I believe that if you have 10k in pistol and 10k in rifle as a war stock and you go to try to buy more just before a major event that is hoarding. Because honesty you really don't need any more, let others that have none get theirs. People who have , in my eyes 10k of each and think they need to take more away from.your neighbors that have none, you might be a hoarder.
How progressive of you to decide how much ammo a free person should have before being a detriment to society.
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Not a detriment to society. I choose a , not big number. Not a small number. But a number that I believe would be the line from a prepared person and one not prepared. IMO. If you want to run it to 20k 30k maybe you have 100k and think YOU need to run down and buy more that would benefit someone else. If so you are not out for society as a whole you are out for yourself and if that's so you shouldn't tell people what price they should put on their own life. If they buy 50rd of whatever for 1.00 per rd and it saves their life then what are u to them now? JUST SAYING