Long Lines at AZ Firearms Tempe

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Quake_Guy
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Long Lines at AZ Firearms Tempe

Post by Quake_Guy »

Solar_Empire wrote: March 19th, 2020, 6:29 pm Do they still have that hand written sign that says no open/concealed carry allowed? I saw that sign back in 2014, laughed, got back in my truck and drove away.
That was the old man, policy now says not to unholster... its one of the better gun shops in the valley, I like they carry a bunch of used and old stuff. More interesting shop than most and PJ is a decent guy.

dustmaker

Post by dustmaker »

Bought a few pistols from them..just looking and found some that I could not live without thing. Always HAD a decent inventory before Covid came along. I imagine it will be the same after the unhappiness over. Will peruse the place again but to hell with waiting in line.

dusty
Papago

Post by Papago »

Is the place that had police trade in deals on the old site? If you mentioned azshooting you got a discount?
Yellowcarbon

Post by Yellowcarbon »

Yes, they used to have a ton of LE trade ins. I bought several Glocks and pump shotguns from them.
Papago

Post by Papago »

I got a nice police trade in 870 from them.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

I was able to go over there last Tuesday and pick up my transfer. They have treated me very well and did so in this case as well. They got so cleaned out they had to close for a couple days. I would not want to be in that business in a time like this. The lowest dregs of society come out of the woodwork during a crisis like this. You have to have thick skin and good people skills to deal with that constantly.
jledman

Post by jledman »

They shut the doors over there last week for several days to catch up. They had one S&W revolver left but some long guns after they reopened and some odd ball ammo. Now they tell people they will call them when the background check comes back, usually several days later. Don't know how many they are letting inside but think it's more than one. Driving down the freeway the other day and Tomstone Tactical had a line around the building. Bear Arms had line line out the door and when I looked inside, there was nothing on the walls.
billyd
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by billyd »

Hope things start to smooth out soon. I have two guns in the transfer mode one coming from MI and I'm having trouble getting to the ship phase due to the Lock down there....
This is crazy. My LGS has closed his doors for several weeks and is only taking care of existing work and transfers.
Please God save us from this insanity!!!!
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Solar_Empire wrote: March 19th, 2020, 6:29 pm Do they still have that hand written sign that says no open/concealed carry allowed? I saw that sign back in 2014, laughed, got back in my truck and drove away.
Agreed,... I do the same. Gun Store policies like that, just don't sit well with me.
I stopped doing gun shows for the same reason.
jledman

Post by jledman »

The store is closed for new business but apparently is open for open transactions like layawways, pawns, and transfer as well as delayed background checks. Good news is there were only two people in line when I passed by today.
Hellsing76

Post by Hellsing76 »

thom wrote: March 19th, 2020, 2:08 pm PJ and his crew have been always been fair with me.
I have had this same interaction with PJ once and his crew member on another occasion. One was a perfect condition police trade G23 with night sights and mags and box and the other was a beautiful Colt 9mm blued 1911 they had on GB. Both waaaaay under market at the time and I had zero problem making the drive from Surprise. I like that guy and his place/crew. I don't recall a whacky transfer fee. My guy now does them for free to me and right down the street from my office, so I got a bit lazy, lol.

Thanks again, PJ!
Vyadmirer

Post by Vyadmirer »

Papago wrote: March 30th, 2020, 9:54 pm Is the place that had police trade in deals on the old site? If you mentioned azshooting you got a discount?
That was awesome. Always had great deals!!!!
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

AzF is certainly a frequent stop for me, and have bought a handful there over the years. Their east-valley location may be even friendlier, as some of the old-time employees are now there running that one. I was in there about a week ago, and they were enforcing no more than 3 in-store at-a-time, IIRC.
If for some reason you have use for bank-vault safety-deposit boxes, they have a pallet load of various sizes in their foyer for sale, LOL.
etprescottaz01

Post by etprescottaz01 »

h8pvmnt wrote: March 19th, 2020, 12:36 pm I went to AZ Firearms in Tempe today to pick up a transfer. There was a line out the door about 10-15 people deep and nowhere to park. So i guess i wont be getting my transfer anytime soon. Not sure if they were limiting it to one person at a time or there was jsut that many people that they would not all fit inside. Good for there business bad for the regular customers. #ThanksObama This whole thing has got to be his fault somehow. :roll: :violin:
There has never been anyplace to park there even in the good old days parking there could be a challenge. Usually worth stopping in though.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

I was there on Friday to pickup a transfer. Slim pickings.
I don't mind paying $30 for a transfer as it helps to keep the doors open.