Northwest Armory feedback?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Abbey
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Northwest Armory feedback?

Post by Abbey »

Was up in Scottsdale for work and stopped in SGC. It’s been awhile since I was up there and I saw a new place called Northwest Armory right next to them. It was a pretty big shop with a lot of inventory but I didn’t have time to give them more than a glance.

Anyone have info on NWA? Decent prices or more over-priced goods in a high rent neighborhood? Looks like they’re a Portland business expanding here. Seems like an interesting decision to set up shop next to SGC.

Both stores had 9mm S&B for $150/case. Makes me wonder if there is a bit of a price war going on there.

storage_man

Re: Northwest Armory feedback?

Post by storage_man »

Pretty cheap for Scottsdale Prices $
KAC shooter

Post by KAC shooter »

I picked up a few thousand rounds of 9mm from them this weekend. Pretty neat store, much better pricing than SGC and more personal feel.
thom

Post by thom »

I was in there a couple months ago. They were selling S&B 9 mm 1000 rounds for $160.00. SGC was selling it for $220. 00. Maybe somebody went from SGC to the Armory and looked at the prices.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

They have some great deals and very friendly atmosphere. I like going there.
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

I was up in Scottsdale again this week and stopped for a closer look. Their prices seemed good. Not great but good. They have more things on their website that show “in stock” but aren’t actually in stock at the Scottsdale location. Not sure if they ship them from other stores if you buy online.

My biggest problem with SGC is their unwillingness to deal. I get pricing high to take advantage of wealthy people who impulse buy but I’ve literally put a reasonable cash offer on the table to have SGC say “nope, the price is the price”. Guess that’s why they continue to have items in stock to check out and then wait for stock at another store to buy at a reasonable price.

But back to NWA, their selection looks good so I may not need to step into SGC anymore.
Dat_Ginga

Post by Dat_Ginga »

NWA is good people. Owners are from Oregon with two stores there and the one in Scottsdale. The employees at NWA say that SGC has banned them from shopping and using their range but they do allow SGC employees to come shop in their store if they wish. NWA has a lot of inventory online that isn’t at the Scottsdale location because it’s in stock at one of their other stores. The S&B ammo is out of stock but they said it will be showing back up in a few weeks. They also have a good selection of used guns with a lot of S&W and Ruger revolvers. They also have a few Colt revolvers and they sell used Shadow 2’s around $900 I believe. If you go to NWA they have a raffle going on for a free Sig M17 surplus right now also. Might as well visit NWA when you go to SGC.
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

Great info, thanks! I’m thinking the only reason to set foot in SGC anymore is to ogle the Wilsons and Nighthawks before buying something more reasonable at NWA
gunpoorboy1

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

Went to SGC this morning. They are selling S&B 9MM for $150 per case of 1000. In speaking with one of the people there he said they lowered their price to compete with NW. There ya go, it's the American way.
gunpoorboy1

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

Oh yea, I also looked at a couple of handguns at both places and found that SGC was a bit lower on the ones I was interested in. Not by much, but a little.
62Grains

Post by 62Grains »

Hasnt there always been another gun shop right there? I think it might o f changed names a few times over the years though.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

62Grains wrote: February 26th, 2020, 11:25 am Hasnt there always been another gun shop right there? I think it might o f changed names a few times ...
At least twice before NWA, if not three times. Could always have been the same owner, I just don' t know. So far, I am OK with NWA, and have bought there. The young guys aren't 'quite' as tactical as SGC, and they only need ONE extra employee to verify the 4473, not TWO. :roll:
g5m

Post by g5m »

They get in some really interesting used guns at tolerable prices.
DRTDIVR

Post by DRTDIVR »

I had some time yesterday and hit a few of the Scottsdale area gun shops:

NWA = Ammo pricing is better than online. I bought a case of 9mm and .45 because I couldn't find them cheaper anywhere online and I'll always support the LGS when they want to be competitive. Gun prices where good to. Way to go NWA! This is how you keep people coming back.

SGC = same over priced stuff but with a selection that's not what it once was.

Bear Arms = Great selection when comparing it to most gun stores. They had several harder to find items like Daniel Defense AR's and Wilson Combat Pistols. Pricing is pretty typical Gunstore pricing though.

I think NWA will be getting a lot more of my business in the future. Several of my East Valley dealers are just not being competitive anymore.