How to overhaul NRA?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
pvreb
ArizonaShooting.org Member

How to overhaul NRA?

Post by pvreb »

I have been a life member for many years, but never got involved in the politics. The latest issues of the NRA magazines have ballots for directors. I never bothered to figure out how the top management gets into office. I think it is time to change some of the top tier. How do we go about doing that?

xerts1191

Re: How to overhaul NRA?

Post by xerts1191 »

It’s a pain, if you take the time and research these people find out what background they have, political views, what they actually do for a living and etc. Gives you a chance to make a more concerted vote I believe.
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

The board of directors has no power, it simply gives the illusion that you are doing something to change them. The only way we fix the NRA is to burn it to the ground and let the GOA take over from here.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Bob Brown's recommendations for NRA BOD.
Bob Brown is in the dump-WLP camp, so I am going with his picks:

Steve Schreiner
Robert Mansell
Tom Arvas
William Carter
John Cushman
Curtis Jenkins
Robert Mansell
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

good write up on whats going on in firearm news, about the hieracy of the nra and WPs pundits, and how hes managed t make it what it is.

its time for him to go for sure along with his long time pundits, but alas, the attempt was made and you see the results
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Solar_Empire wrote: January 24th, 2020, 7:17 pm The board of directors has no power, it simply gives the illusion that you are doing something to change them. The only way we fix the NRA is to burn it to the ground and let the GOA take over from here.
This
Flash

Post by Flash »

Solar_Empire wrote: January 24th, 2020, 7:17 pm The board of directors has no power, it simply gives the illusion that you are doing something to change them. The only way we fix the NRA is to burn it to the ground and let the GOA take over from here.
That's a good way to lose all power over politicians. The GOA has done very little in its whole existence other than provide a good living for the founders.

No, what needs to be done is replacement of those in power in the NRA.
87jeep

Post by 87jeep »

The only way the NRA will get a cent from me is when they go to a full volunteer organization. Stay local with AzCDL. J M H O
weenis

Post by weenis »

This is how you overhaul the NRA-

1. Get a bucket of tar.
2. Get a bag of feathers.
3. Proceed with overhaul.
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

Flash wrote: January 25th, 2020, 7:54 am

That's a good way to lose all power over politicians. The GOA has done very little in its whole existence other than provide a good living for the founders.

No, what needs to be done is replacement of those in power in the NRA.
How? Curious to hear about how to replace the REAL people in power. The GOA has done more in a year than the NRA has done in decades. The politicians like the NRA because they pretend to fight. NRA was completely absent in Virginia, Washington, Oregon...
Flash

Post by Flash »

Really? Name the many GOA victories with links so I can see them.
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

Flash wrote: January 25th, 2020, 10:46 am Really? Name the many GOA victories with links so I can see them.
Takes 5 seconds on Google. Gun owners.org. One thing I can't find though is where the NRA was in Virginia. The GOA was the only challenger to the governor. Only a fudd believes the NRA is a cause for good. Look up why brownell stepped down a month after becoming the new NRA president while you're at it. Maybe it'll open your eyes, doubt it though.
Flash

Post by Flash »

So I did the 5 seconds on google and I got the following:

https://gunowners.org/topten2018/

Went on TV once

Got an award

shot one video

did a congressional scorecard

they wrote articles about red flag laws

spoke at a college

submitted an amicus brief

wrote another article

And that's it. That's all they accomplished in 2018. What did they do with the other 51 weeks that comprised 2018.

And 2019? Apparently they did nothing of note as it's not on their website.

And you can't figure out where the NRA was in Virginia? A 5 second search of Google will turn that up for you. They were there.

No, the GOA exists simply to enrich its founders. It's even worse than the NRA in that regard.

Again, we just need new leadership in the NRA and that'll fix the problem.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

NRA is still the biggest dog in the fight, I don’t agree with a lot of crap they do, mailings and all the freebies and giveaways drive me phukn nuts. Need a high level house cleaning no doubt.
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

The NRA will continue to Negotiate Rights Away but what else would I expect from guys who applaud reagan, bush sr, and other repubs when they screwed (and continue to screw) us. The Dems hate 'em so we love 'em! Good luck getting guys like Wayne out, they have million dollar suits to pay for. I'll give credit where credit is due, I wouldn't step down either if idiots kept pumping money into my account. There is a reason pete brownell stepped down as president, he realized nothing can be done. Funny how everyone shy's away from that. Also, research the NRA Cinncinnati revolt in Ohio (I had family there) People realized a long time ago the NRA was screwing us, it spooked them, and they made damn sure they could keep their power and not have it jeopardized again. If you want the NRA to stick around, whatever, but there should be multiple and equal parties. Ya know, that little thing called checks and balances...There's some old saying about putting your eggs all in one basket, but hey, I'm just a dumb 28 year old millenial, what would I know? Good luck. :handgestures-salute: