"Get the gun" Texas road rage

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Pro2a
ArizonaShooting.org Member

"Get the gun" Texas road rage

Post by Pro2a »

Of course we can't possibly know all the details, but is a gun justified in this case?
I see someone as safely in their car able to get away, still on the phone with 911.
Is the aggressor trying to knock the motorcycle down, because of a prior firearm related incident?
My first action is always to get away if at all possible, and never get into third party defense, as I can never tell if it started in another venue that I don't know all the details of.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/cory-booker-t ... 14743.html

Doc Holliday

Re: "Get the gun" Texas road rage

Post by Doc Holliday »

Have you seen how they drive these days? Some drivers really DO need to be shot.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

Doc Holliday wrote: November 28th, 2019, 7:39 am Have you seen how they drive these days? Some drivers really DO need to be shot.
Good point, in jest of course
thom

Post by thom »

thom

Post by thom »

Was the driver "Cruising in the Passing Lane" and wouldn't move over? Be careful out there. Especially during the Holiday Tension Times.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

There is a much longer video at the link below. The people in the car did some speeding up and following so are not without sin here. i.e. speeding up, following, driving by then driving in the break down lane next to the Tahoe, all without concern for their baby. That said this guy has serious issues.

I'm sure, like most incidents like this, both sides contributed.

The rest of the story.
The guy, tahoe driver, was an out of control pos with his own family in the car, including his kid, and out on bond for a recent DUI. Hes arrested n charged with ADW and other misc things.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ksat. ... utType=amp
A driver is in custody Tuesday evening after a road rage wreck in Splendora that sent a motorcyclist to the hospital, according to Splendora Police Chief Wally Wieghat.

A couple, who were in a Volkswagon Jetta, caught the incident on camera as a driver in a white Chevy Tahoe drove erratically on Interstate 69 just south of FM 2090 Tuesday evening. The driver of the Tahoe struck the couple’s Jetta during the incident, police say. The couple called 911 and the woman in the Jetta can be heard describing to the 911 operator what was happening.

At one point, the couple lowered the front passenger window of their Jetta and told the driver of the Tahoe that they had a baby in the car.

“Chill out bro, I got a kid,” the man can be heard yelling at the driver of the Tahoe.

The driver of the Tahoe then drove into the rightmost lane to exit and is seen hitting a motorcyclist, who fell off. Officials transported the motorcyclist to Kingwood Hospital but their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening, Wieghat said.

Armando Montes, 30, was identified as the driver of the Tahoe and now faces second-degree felony assault with a deadly weapon and second-degree felony endangering a child, according to Splendora Police.

Montes was taken into custody at the scene and had a wife and a 7-year-old child in the car.

Wieghat also said at the time of the wreck, Montes was out on bond for a previous DWI and child endangerment charges, unrelated to the wreck Tuesday night.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Montes appears to be a stable individual, yikes!
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Not to advocate in any way for the tahoe driver cause he is out of control and a danger.

That said...

I think the driver of the car did some endangering of his child too. Speeding up to catch pass and confront the Tahoe driver ending up in the breakdown lane on the ramp cause he wasnt paying attention.

Just saying.
Mauser98

Post by Mauser98 »

1) Don't camp the left lane.
2) Don't engage a road rager, either speed up a lot or pull over. Get away from them.

My buddy had a guy road rage on him. Followed him into a neighborhood. He pulled into a random driveway and sandwiched himself between his car and the garage door. The road rager got out and started walking up to him. He drew his XDM .40 and the road rager got back in his car and drove away.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Mauser98 wrote: November 28th, 2019, 10:22 pm 1) Don't camp the left lane.
2) Don't engage a road rager, either speed up a lot or pull over. Get away from them.

My buddy had a guy road rage on him. Followed him into a neighborhood. He pulled into a random driveway and sandwiched himself between his car and the garage door. The road rager got out and started walking up to him. He drew his XDM .40 and the road rager got back in his car and drove away.
Stay on the phone with the cops as you drive to the nearest police station or go to a crowded place like a Walmart parking lot...the rager might think twice with so many witnesses around.

NEVER drive to your home.