Gun Club Snobbery

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Doc Holliday
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Gun Club Snobbery

Post by Doc Holliday »

Shaking my head in disbelief at these prices...not only a membership fee but a monthly fee as well...

https://club82.com/memberships/

Is this the current trend? Overpriced memberships to 'elite clubs' like this?

Twobadazbrothers

Re: Gun Club Snobbery

Post by Twobadazbrothers »

That's not Snobbery that's ROBBERY
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

That place isn't going to survive very long, unfortunately.

You can either be a shooting range, or a restaurant...you can't do both. 90% of restaurants fail in less than 1 year, so this place will be pulling earnings from the range to pay for their failing restaurant...not smart business. I can already guess their gun prices will be higher than most places.

I don't mind paying for memberships at places like SGC or C2...$350-$400 per year is reasonable for a membership (if you shoot every month, at least once), but $767 per year is insane ($299 membership fee plus $39/month).

In a rush to make a cool range and hang-out club/restaurant, they f&cked it up. They should have built a 100 yard indoor range and ditch the restaurant. Get a few vending machines and Kuerig and call it a day.
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

Unfortunately Gilbert has become scottsdale 2.0 (snobsdale). Used to be a quiet little town, but I guess 16 years changes everything.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

It wasn't too many years ago that Surprise was calling itself the next Scottsdale. Look what a dump that city is now. All it takes is another recession and Gilbert will be in the same boat.
DRTDIVR

Post by DRTDIVR »

It's a little funny it's in Gilbert with all the "No gun signs" in most Gilbert establishments. Ihave watched this club's progress. It's taken them a few years to actually break ground and start building. It's almost done but it's changed it's name a few times during the build. So I'm curious if it will get finished and if it does, how they'll do. It's not like they can sell overpriced guns when inventory is at a peak and we aren't in elections for another year. C2 Tactical has gotten it right when it comes to the range. I prefer them over most ranges. I would love to see them put one in the east valley(Gilbert, East Mesa, Queen Creek). With all the new developments and businesses relocating or building out that way It would be nice to not drive to Tempe for a decent range.

Before anyone says "You have Ted's", go visit that range. It's an unsafe s*** hole. Caswell's is better but C2 is worth the extra 10min drive if I'm already making the trip.

I recession would ruin them if they are hoping they get enough members paying their fee's to save them from a poor business model(Their restaurant has to be absolutely amazing to compete with downtown Gilbert 10min away). I remember that last recession....when it made things affordable, people planned their drives to conserve fuel, they fixed things that broke instead of just replacing them, customer service was better because retaining business mattered, etc. Everything is overpriced and it looks like it's starting to hit the shooting ranges. I really hope they fail so that the other ranges don't try to follow them into outrageous pricing for range use. If they succeed then it's the desert for me and I have to hope they don't close any more of it down.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Well La Ti Dah
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

DRTDIVR wrote: November 8th, 2019, 7:51 pm Before anyone says "You have Ted's", go visit that range. It's an unsafe s*** hole.
Would like to hear the story behind this one. I hate indoor ranges but Ted's has been fine for me. I go a couple times a month and have never seen anything unsafe and it's pretty clean.
Exorpmtech
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Exorpmtech »

TheAccountant wrote: November 8th, 2019, 5:13 pm It wasn't too many years ago that Surprise was calling itself the next Scottsdale. Look what a dump that city is now. All it takes is another recession and Gilbert will be in the same boat.
lol, Surprise did become kind of shitty. It's like "Newer Ghetto"
DRTDIVR

Post by DRTDIVR »

Solar_Empire wrote: November 8th, 2019, 9:36 pm
DRTDIVR wrote: November 8th, 2019, 7:51 pm Before anyone says "You have Ted's", go visit that range. It's an unsafe s*** hole.
Would like to hear the story behind this one. I hate indoor ranges but Ted's has been fine for me. I go a couple times a month and have never seen anything unsafe and it's pretty clean.
I'll send ya a PM since this thread isnt a review thread.
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

What... your not a member.... huumph poor people!
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

lol, its only gun snobbery if you dont have $$$$, just saying
Rj
Doc

Post by Doc »

Here I am thinking I’m hot s*** shooting at PRCG because it’s like the desert but I don’t have to bring a pop up for shade and they have frames and steel for $100/yr.

I hope they succeed but who knows.
Mauser98

Post by Mauser98 »

Do those prices include free, unlimited ammo?
fredcdobbs

Post by fredcdobbs »

What is this "gun club" that is spoken of ?