YOU CAN'T SHOOT THAT!!

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Bullzaye
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: YOU CAN'T SHOOT THAT!!

Post by Bullzaye »

NBC_LT wrote: November 5th, 2019, 9:40 pm Casa Grande is my best option, having no friends with "huuuuge tracts of land" to shoot on!
Monty Python & The Holy Grail. Nice! 😄👍

vvalter_vvhite

Post by vvalter_vvhite »

Elk34 wrote: November 6th, 2019, 9:26 am Hey it's not just targets. I was up there about 4 months ago shooting my 357 and 44. I set targets up close and continued to shoot. A range Natzi came over and asked what I was doing. I said shooting. My muzzle was over the red line. But my sights were not up to my eye line. He said are you using your sights? I said no I'm looking over my barrel. He said you have to use your sights. I said WTF. He said if you don't use your sights your off the range. I said by what rule. He said rule 14. I went and read the rule it says what ever the range officer says goes. I picked up my stuff and left. Never been back since. Now 14 I might be wrong but I think it was that one
I just paid $135 membership and I'm reading all this! I wish I still lived in CG...
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Game and fish fa ggots are over that range. DO NOT LET game and fish give money to your club or they will turn it into Ben Avery south. Anything game and fish touches turns to sh it. I'm sure they would flip out if I brought a rubber dummy there. I have had people tell me I should only shoot bullseye targets as my range is a target range not a defense range. Sadly other shooters suck the joy out of shooting like self imposed range nazis and Volvo driving assfags crying because someone called a cease fire to get their targets so they could leave last week at my club, he had a fit after that and left with the grandkid he brought. I don't think the Volvo driver liked the black powder rifle at the end or the two AR shooters with really smoky powder either. I try to shoot early before any other members show up because you never know what you are going to get.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Pale Rider wrote: November 5th, 2019, 6:05 pm Every day it's some new bullcrap with the PC crybabies. You'd think it wouldn't be with gun people, but it's creeping into everything. Another reason the desert is my gun range.
Sadly some democrats shoot too. Stop getting them into the sport.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Doc Holliday wrote: November 6th, 2019, 3:53 am
QuietM4 wrote: November 5th, 2019, 5:51 pm Most ranges won't let you shoot pictures of people...this isn't uncommon. Maybe next time you should just use another target...
No thanks...I don't cave into, or support, PC places like that. It would be sending them a message that I agree with their policy, which I don't. Then they'll take it a step further. And another. And another. What's next, they'll ban the silhouette targets? (representing a human outline) Enough of that stupidity.
I had a guy at my club when I first started there tell me to shoot round targets as this is a target club. Never saw him again after the tongue lashing and showing him target stands with smaller targets like I was shooting still on the stands. Never saw him again after that day.

Police and government fu cks get to shoot targets of pregnant women holding a baby but the general public gets out a target like that and they give us crap about it.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

QuietM4 wrote: November 5th, 2019, 5:51 pm Most ranges won't let you shoot pictures of people...this isn't uncommon. Maybe next time you should just use another target...
You should stop standing up for leftist pc policies at gun clubs. NRA is filled with appeasers like this and I say screw them.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Doc Holliday wrote: November 5th, 2019, 1:20 pm Rio Salado this morning...

While putting up a poster-sized professionally-printed target of Saddam Hussein...yes, SADDAM HUSSEIN, a Range Officer came over and told me 'You can't shoot that'...no targets depicting persons allowed at all...no matter how evil, how twisted, how homicidal...you can't shoot at paper and ink representations of them. :roll:

Took my target down, packed up and went over to the Range Office... :angry-cussingblack:

Was told they adopted this policy because 'they have children at the range' and decided it was for the best to not let the children see that. :naughty:

I unleashed a well-versed barrage against 'pc culture' (with a smile) and got my range fee back.

Now, this never used to be the case there...I was a member some years back, used to shoot there all the time with these targets...no problem...so this is just another example of Liberalism creeping into our shooting sports...'for the children'... :violin:

Looks like it's the long drive down to Casa for the open range there...
Should have turned it backwards and kept yelling freeze Saddam as you shot him in the back.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

DRTDIVR wrote: November 5th, 2019, 1:57 pm I am not a Rio Salado fan. The main range is a nightmare. It's gotten worse every year as more people buy guns but neglect getting real training instead they focus on how bad it is for the kids to see you shooting zombies and terrorists in the range. It's not hard for parents to explain it's an evil terrorist. I used to have a membership but it was to get access to private bays and other "member only" ranges but the process to gain access was soo convoluted that after competing in several matches(part of the requirements) they could never get me with the right people to get the endorsement on the back of the membership.
I hear members say the same thing at my club. They put in a steel bay which they said was a safety briefing to use it and now I hear you have to shoot matches to get access and I don't want to shoot their matches. It's the good old boy network, the select few keep out the rest from their cherished areas and we pay for their exclusive areas.
the1_roadrunner

Post by the1_roadrunner »

[/quote]

Should have turned it backwards and kept yelling freeze Saddam as you shot him in the back.
[/quote]

Bahahahaha, thanks for that. :D Yeah I haven't been to RS in at least 15 years. And the only reason I went then was because I wasn't aware of AZstan (the Mine) at the time. Desert or CG are the only places I shoot.
Speaking of the Mine, Anyone know or hear from Dan, the Twins or any of the DMG these days? I know there's potential for some to have passed after all these years but hope not.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

the1_roadrunner wrote: November 16th, 2019, 1:11 pm
[/quote]

Bahahahaha, thanks for that. :D Yeah I haven't been to RS in at least 15 years. And the only reason I went then was because I wasn't aware of AZstan (the Mine) at the time. Desert or CG are the only places I shoot.
Speaking of the Mine, Anyone know or hear from Dan, the Twins or any of the DMG these days? I know there's potential for some to have passed after all these years but hope not.
[/quote]

You talking about Sportsmans Gun Club when talking about Stan? If so I miss that club. I quit going to the desert when I had a attempt to take my guns, luckily I had a belt fed that day and they left quickly.
the1_roadrunner

Post by the1_roadrunner »

It was an old mining area off the 60 a mile or two before the 79 to the north. several miles down a dirt road. There was always an argument whether it was State Trust land or not. Development nearby pretty much halted the shooting though I think some people still go out there. Deputies watch it pretty close now.
It had an awesome backdrop. Perfect shooting spot at the time.
Attachments
DSC_0327.JPG
What
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by What »

Person target not allowed because children?

Ridiculous.
Napalm Bulldog
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Napalm Bulldog »

Doc Holliday wrote: November 5th, 2019, 1:20 pm Rio Salado this morning...

While putting up a poster-sized professionally-printed target of Saddam Hussein...yes, SADDAM HUSSEIN, a Range Officer came over and told me 'You can't shoot that'...no targets depicting persons allowed at all...no matter how evil, how twisted, how homicidal...you can't shoot at paper and ink representations of them. :roll:

Shooting these kind of targets are illegal where I come from. Yes, Commiefornia! I remember one time I went to my gun range and asked for the terrorist holding hostages targets. I was told those are not allowed anymore and they replaced them with evil clown ones! I was like WTF! Didn’t bother renewing my membership

Took my target down, packed up and went over to the Range Office... :angry-cussingblack:

Was told they adopted this policy because 'they have children at the range' and decided it was for the best to not let the children see that. :naughty:

I unleashed a well-versed barrage against 'pc culture' (with a smile) and got my range fee back.

Now, this never used to be the case there...I was a member some years back, used to shoot there all the time with these targets...no problem...so this is just another example of Liberalism creeping into our shooting sports...'for the children'... :violin:

Looks like it's the long drive down to Casa for the open range there...

That type of crazy thinking is from the same lunicrats that made squirt guns a felony if your child showed up with one to school. They can’t seem to separate fantasy from reality and can talk themselves into everything stupid making sense. I personally am not a fan of ranges and apologize that the wrong kind of Californians are flooding this state. I’m not one of them. I do know that’s their plan and has been for the last few years. To move and change the dynamic of states they disagree with. They got Colorado, they IMO almost have Texas and I can definitely say they are aiming for here. If it starts taking over here, I’m not moving again I’m fighting!