Sorry NY

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Pro2a
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Sorry NY

Post by Pro2a »

I’m really not understanding what kind of law NY is trying to fend off here

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/10/08/su ... 0DR,U857,1

Crippledtrigger

Re: Sorry NY

Post by Crippledtrigger »

If I'm not missing the rhetorical nature of your post I'll try to answer.

NY, really antigun gooberment statists everywhere who are afraid of being told all gun laws are unconstitutional, is trying to keep SCOTUS from ruling that either you cant require multiple licenses to exercise your 2nd ammendment rights ....

OR

You cant force it to be licensed at all i.e. nation wide constitutional carry....

OR

You cant restrict carry outside of home since it's a individual right....

OR

You cant restrict travel with a gun if local secure transport rules are followed..

OR

Some compromise of the above. Any of which limit the states ability to limit 2A freedom. They are afraid of a full boat ruling that says since 2A is an individual right it cant be limited to the home or require licensing.

I'm concerned that they may cop out and send it back to a lower court to reconsider, in which case we will be right back here in a couple years cause they will say the law was changed and there is nothing to decide or after the hearing they will say the law was changed the case is moot. Case dismissed.