poll,... on weapon sales

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!

POLL,... do you believe requesting NON-FELONS only apply for a weapon purchase,.... really works?

yes
No votes
no
100%

Total votes: 37

shooter444
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: poll,... on weapon sales

Post by shooter444 »

Boriqua wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:45 am
shooter444 wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:26 am

I would like to leave this thread suggesting one conclusive thought,... we, as weapon sellers, seem to have nourished a string of mind sets to alleviate some concerns for self preservation in this litigious society. Well, call me crazy, but, I don't believe any of these self gratifying exercises in preventing legal jeopardy are valid! I don't believe any of these mind sets/practices will prevent the inevitable results if the law comes knocking over a sale gone bad,
This is untrue. I purchased a gun from a dealer (ffl) that used to participate on the old board. Great guy and great service. I had the gun maybe two months and had sold off the gun. Wasnt a good fit nothing more.

First off, "my belief" is not untrue! It may differ from an experience you had,... but, that doesn't make my belief, untrue. :whistle:

I received a phone call from the dealer some time later saying he had received a fed check on the gun. I think he referred to it as something else but it was long ago and I dont remember the correct terminology. Basically .. it would seem the gun had been involved in some illegal activity which could have simply been it was found in the possession of a felon .. or ??

With a requirement to see an AZDL you are certainly not protected from all fraud but .. its not the easiest thing in the world to copy a DL and your general meth mutt is not going to have the technology or resources. I was armed with my hand written receipt with a signature and a name and a date.

If you back track a bit, you will see my post of a, copied & pasted quote, offering the possibility that Flash's post, that we don't have to ask about residency, may not be quite right! I agree with you that a AZ DL/residency, is a requirement,... but, I don't include that with all the other hoops to be jumped through, demanded by sellers.

I also had the Phone number and the email we used to communicate. Turns out in the short time the gun had been sold by him to someone else and the person who was in possession of it might have been the forth owner.

I wont get into the tired ass old thread of whether you should ask for or agree to a paper trail. I will reiterate .. its my stuff .. if the terms of sale are not to your liking DONT BUY IT!

If I have a truly awesome 629 with an outstanding provenance and decide to sell it for $200 but the terms are that you have to be willing to sing the first 5 lines to some Taylor swift song ... Its my stuff my rules and you can consider for yourself if the research and singing is worth it to you.

OK,... and if I sign your Bill of Sale, as, MICKEY MOUSE with a Az DL verifying it,... will that be a problem ? :D

I love guys who act as street corner preachers on the liberties that are inalienable rights and the freedoms we should embrace .. right up until they dont agree with my freedom of choice to sell my items any fugin way I wish.

Hmmm, really,... may I offer this for your consideration,... expressing disagreement with your choice/s,... is just as much an example of exercising an Inalienable Right, as your freedom of sale/s choice/s are examples of your Inalienable Rights ! In other words,...expressing a different point of view, from yours, is not an infringement on your Inalienable Rights !!!

Now, maybe you you should reconsider climbing up on your soap box, again,... preaching about a violation of your Inalienable Rights, that never happened!!!

Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

If you sign Mikey Mouse and your DL says Mikey mouse .. yes .. I am completely satisfied. Names are getting more and more creative .. the possibility, while remote, is real?!
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Every time I see a post from Shooter444 IN ALL CAPS OR ALL BOLD, all I can picture in my head is this;

Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

All I picture is this
Attachments
hero_nuclear_blast.jpg
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Boriqua wrote: October 10th, 2019, 9:30 am If you sign Mikey Mouse and your DL says Mikey mouse .. yes .. I am completely satisfied. Names are getting more and more creative .. the possibility, while remote, is real?!

Hmmm, well, and exactly how would you present a defense of such a Bill of Sale to a judge,... IF you were ever brought before a judge, to defend such a document?

No need to answer,... that was a sarcastic and rhetorical question. :D

But, if it ever were to happen,... please, do send me an invite, that is something I would really like to witness.
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

match.jpeg
match.jpeg (3.06 KiB) Viewed 7834 times
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

:lol:
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Seems like some members have over action imaginations.

I use bold print to bring attention to a reply, that I insert, in a post I am answering, so, the reader can distinguish my reply, from the original poster's writings. If that is to shocking for some,... please do enlighten me on how I should deal with this dilemma, so as to be more soothing to your safe space.

Or, you could just pass it on by! :whistle:
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Don't change anything. Be yourself. If you change then they win.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Elk34 wrote: October 10th, 2019, 10:47 am Don't change anything. Be yourself. If you change then they win.

Thanks, but, no need for concern. Asking for a suggestion isn't the same as accepting, or, acting upon a suggestion. And, there won't be a suggestion offered, because they don't have one! They are only interested in stirring the crap pot,... not solving anything.

Thanks, again.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

shooter444 wrote: October 10th, 2019, 10:31 am Seems like some members have over action imaginations.

I use bold print to bring attention to a reply, that I insert, in a post I am answering, so, the reader can distinguish my reply, from the original poster's writings. If that is to shocking for some,... please do enlighten me on how I should deal with this dilemma,
like this
so as to be more soothing to your safe space.

Or, you could just pass it on by! :whistle:
See above. Simply insert [/quote] before your comment then then the same thing with out the forward slash after your comment to start the quote box back up. Not much more difficult than the bold text command you're using.
Last edited by Crippledtrigger on October 10th, 2019, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I wonder how many 4473's shooter444 has filled out himself for firearm purchases. Based on the positions he's espoused in this thread, I'd hope his response would be "zero". :)
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

admin wrote: October 10th, 2019, 11:25 am I wonder how many 4473's shooter444 has filled out himself for firearm purchases. Based on the positions he's espoused in this thread, I'd hope his response would be "zero". :)

I'm sorry, above is a little confusing.
Are you asking the board, or me?
And why would you say that?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

shooter444 wrote: October 10th, 2019, 11:27 am
admin wrote: October 10th, 2019, 11:25 am I wonder how many 4473's shooter444 has filled out himself for firearm purchases. Based on the positions he's espoused in this thread, I'd hope his response would be "zero". :)

I'm sorry, above is a little confusing.
Are you asking the board, or me?
And why would you say that?
Kinda rhetorically asking you. Here's what you said verbatim, in this thread, previously:
shooter444 wrote:The 4473 form is a backdoor infringement on the 2nd amendment and our Creator Endowed Inalienable Human Right to ,...LIFE, LIBERTY and the PURSUIT of HAPPINESS! It is nothing less than REGISTRATION leading, eventually, to CONFISCATION.

What possible reasoning do you have for letting that tyrannical One World Government sponsored Demonscat infringement,... creep into the Free State of Arizona, gun laws?"
So someone who espouses that position on such an infringement, I'd imagine that they would not voluntarily submit themselves to filling out a 4473.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Boriqua wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:33 am If you watch videos of some traffic stops .. its not that hard to trip someone up with leading questions and a conversational tone.

ok .. maybe I have to fashion a tin foil hat
Yeah, it's called verbal judo and it works very well against people who aren't aware of what it is and where the conversation is going.

IIRC, they teach that at the Academy.