poll,... on weapon sales

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!

POLL,... do you believe requesting NON-FELONS only apply for a weapon purchase,.... really works?

yes
No votes
no
100%

Total votes: 37

shooter444
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: poll,... on weapon sales

Post by shooter444 »

Elk34 wrote: October 9th, 2019, 10:59 am I only deal with people that have a CCW. That way I know they have already been cleared by the FBI.

Do you realize the state of Arizona has NO LAW REQUIRING you to check any ID, of any buyer, for any sale,... other than proof of residency?

YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

I love it. He can't see my vote soo he can't bytch about it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

Yes I do realize it. It's personal. It makes me feel better to ask for the ccw and see it. That way if the next day he or she shoots up a school bus of children, my conscious is clear.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

shooter444 wrote: October 8th, 2019, 5:02 pm I have been seeing more requests lately, that ONLY NON-FELONS need apply, to purchase some weapons offered in a private sale. This type of sale requirement, in ARIZONA, totally boggles my mind,.... hence, this poll,... to find out how many members here, believe a felon will be honest, in a purchase.
I answered No because I read your post just under the poll and it was clearly designed for only the answer you wanted.

However .. I think your question and assumption is to narrowly focused. NO! I do not believe that a Felon upon seeing a listing that says "felons need not apply" will simply go "shucks dagnabbit foiled again" and simply go to the next listing that doesn't have this requirement.

That is as silly as assuming that the next internet video star that wants to shoot up a school arrives armed with his weapon of choice and his rambling manifesto and sees the sign out front forbidding guns and simply walks away. Drats and double drats.

However .. the world where you could order guns from sears mail order along with socks and bed sheets is a cherished memory for anyone old enough to have done it but no longer the world in which we live.

Now I want to preface this with .. I have never made the "non felon" requirement but if I make a transaction with someone I don't know I do require a signed hand written receipt if I buy or sell for my records.

I will ask to see a drivers lic or some other proof of address. A ccw makes me feel better but I never make it a requirement. Even if I am the seller I show my DL and I give a copy of the receipt with my sig on it. This way they know I didnt just rob it from a truck and am selling it.

Yes I KNOW that none of this is required but its how I operate and if you dont like it you dont have to sell me your stuff or buy mine.

That out of the way .. there may be other reasons besides judging a felons honesty to post it in your requirements.

EVERYTHING is open to the government . We willing give up great gobs of personal information to the internet gods in the name of convenience and social recognition and acceptance.

To believe that local gun boards don't at least get a cursory look from some agency would be foolish. I remember when the feds were showing up to peoples houses after the Boston Bombing if they made the mistake of buying a pressure cooker and a backpack at the same time from Amazon. I am pretty sure backpacks and pressure cookers are legal to own and may fall under Inalienable rights somehow and I personally own multiples of each. Suddenly law abiding people doing law abiding things got a knock on the door from Federal agents. In modern day America.

so

Say you are one of those guys that cant make up their mind what gun they want or they just enjoy trying different ones so they sell more than average. Hmmmm on the list! What if you sell more than average (as defined by someone) and you just want to appear to give a s*** and appear to do due diligence by posting "no felons". Will it keep you from further scrutiny ... maybe? Maybe not.

What if the guy you meet in the sportsmans warehouse parking lot is ATF. Sure they cant bust you for not asking something you are not required to ask but can it bring additional scrutiny .. Maybe? Maybe not. Maybe they were already looking you over and that is why they arranged a meet. I personally would like to choose "no additional scrutiny"

Maybe they already started a lazy look because they didn't like the tenor of your posts? Maybe you mentioned inalienable rights a bit more often than necessary and sounded like a bit of a loon. Is it foolish to try and appear to reach further to do "the right" thing in a time when everything we do is open for question and is public knowledge .. I dont know.

While I am not ready to be that paranoid in the face of overwhelming evidence that everything there is to know about you is public and you are indeed scrutinized for your views I will answer the same way I do in those threads where people get all panty twisted when it comes to receipts.... if you don't like the terms of the sale .. DONT BUY IT! Its not your property so its none of your fugin business.
Last edited by Boriqua on October 9th, 2019, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamnmike

Post by Jamnmike »

YNOTAZ wrote: October 9th, 2019, 1:24 pm I love it. He can't see my vote soo he can't bytch about it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There ya go now he can see it. LOL.
AZ Husker

Post by AZ Husker »

Since at the current time the poll is 100% no, I'd guess he knows. :D
storage_man

Post by storage_man »

baja wrote: October 8th, 2019, 6:32 pm Up front I'm not a supporter of felons, but after rereading the 2A, I can find nowhere that says "except felons".
Either it's an unalienable right or it isn't, you can't have it both ways.
Congress says it can go both ways ? I agree with you, but RIGHTS and LAWS are different. Since LAWS are created by the peoples representatives, it has shown in the past that they have been able to override your rights, because you gave them the right to DO IT !
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

storage_man wrote: October 9th, 2019, 3:07 pm
baja wrote: October 8th, 2019, 6:32 pm Up front I'm not a supporter of felons, but after rereading the 2A, I can find nowhere that says "except felons".
Either it's an unalienable right or it isn't, you can't have it both ways.
Congress says it can go both ways ? I agree with you, but RIGHTS and LAWS are different. Since LAWS are created by the peoples representatives, it has shown in the past that they have been able to override your rights, because you gave them the right to DO IT !
Very interesting point .. A little off the OP but interesting and deserves its own thread maybe. I am on the fence. Or not ..

My take is .. if you did your time and paid your debt then yes you should be able to own a firearm and vote. Unfortunately with over crowding, plea deals, court time being costly and at a premium are felons actually paying "their debt"

For me the only way for a murderer to repay his debt is with his life but their are a whole host of felonies on the books well below.

When I see some of the light sentences that murderers and rapist get .. I don't think they have paid what they owe and are not ready to rejoin the people and have the same rights as people who haven't done these things. I have personally known or met people who got out and did start a new healthy life and others that seemed like they just couldnt wait to get locked up again.

If they met with a parole board and the parole board says they are fit to rejoin society then I think they should have their rights reinstated. If they get out and commit crimes again .. then they obviously weren't ready for release and you should have kept them locked up.
storage_man

Post by storage_man »

Again, you, me, and everybody else gave their representatives the rights to create these laws. Over the last 100+ years we the people ended up created a Professional Politician ! The upper education institutions have career paths in being a "PP". We elect them and expect them to do our bidding, but they don't because they are professionals enhancing their wealth.

Think about this: President Donald J. Trump volunteered to do this a job as president of the USA. He was able to spend the $$$ to try an do this job. He could easily retired and enjoy his later years. His children have the ability and $$ to mange his businesses. He had no reason to do this, but he felt a need to try and fix the wrongs that the professional politicians have created. He was successful because people are finally getting tired of "Professional Politicians".

The problem is we need another 500+ of them in DC. With out term limits its impossible to have a willing patriot (Wealthy or not) to succeed.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

shooter444 wrote: October 9th, 2019, 11:41 am
Elk34 wrote: October 9th, 2019, 10:59 am I only deal with people that have a CCW. That way I know they have already been cleared by the FBI.

Do you realize the state of Arizona has NO LAW REQUIRING you to check any ID, of any buyer, for any sale,... other than proof of residency?
There is no law that say's you have to prove proof of residency.
The law say's you can not knowingly sell to a prohibited possessor.
You don't have to ask anything.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: October 9th, 2019, 4:08 pm
shooter444 wrote: October 9th, 2019, 11:41 am

There is no law that say's you have to prove proof of residency.
The law say's you can not knowingly sell to a prohibited possessor.
You don't have to ask anything.

Hmmm,... I luv it when I learn something new,... but, you don't mind if I trust, but, verify? 8-)

Ballistic Therapy,...Well, I did a quick search and came across a conversation that sounded pretty real to me,.... what do you think?

"You can only purchase a handgun in your state of legal residence. Purchasing a handgun in another state would require you to ship it to an FFL in your state of residence to be transferred to you in that state. You can't purchase handguns as a resident in two states at the same time.

If you're in Arizona as a snow bird and none of the below make you a resident you can't legally purchase a handgun and take possession of it without going through an FFL in your state of residence. If you are considered a resident of AZ then you can't legally purchase a handgun in MA.

State law (or state taxes) have nothing to do with this (other than establishing residency) as this is covered by federal law.

Also, one becomes a resident of Arizona when ANY of the following happens and require you to get a drivers license immediately.

"Once you move to Arizona, you'll need to get an AZ driver's license and register your vehicle(s) immediately upon establishing residency.

Arizona considers you a resident when any of the following situations apply:

You work in Arizona.
This does NOT apply to seasonal farm work.
You're a registered voter in AZ.
Your children go to an AZ school and the tuition rate reflects that of a resident.
Your business operates in AZ and operates vehicles in the state.
You have a business that uses vehicles as a transport for goods or passengers in AZ.
You live in AZ for 7 months or more during a calendar year (regardless of whether you claim AZ as your permanent residence)."

Source: Arizona New License Application Info | DMV.org

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/arizona/ ... z61uK7gDWg"
Last edited by shooter444 on October 9th, 2019, 5:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Lucky he can't see this but easy peesy. Go to the Gifford Law Center, the liberal site that posts the most restrictive laws available to restrict further gun sales. Only 2 in AZ don't knowingly sell to a prohibited possessor and not to someone under age.

And crap while I'm at it, if might as well set the Claymore, if you know the person has an MMJ card and you sell the a firearm, you have committed a felony.

Have fun, of course everyone except snowflake444
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Jamnmike wrote: October 9th, 2019, 2:41 pm
YNOTAZ wrote: October 9th, 2019, 1:24 pm I love it. He can't see my vote soo he can't bytch about it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There ya go now he can see it. LOL.
Thanks watching snowflakes melt is a pastime I miss since leaving the Midwest.
gunpoorboy1

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

Are you a felon?

"Nope"

Do you own those hand cuffs you have on?

"Yep"

Good enough for me. Here's your AR. (and be sure to fill out our poll questions)
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies.