Looking for small inexpensive space for an FFL

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Steve_In_29
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Looking for small inexpensive space for an FFL

Post by Steve_In_29 »

17-21-23 wrote: September 25th, 2019, 3:34 pm
Steve_In_29 wrote: September 25th, 2019, 1:31 pm
17-21-23 wrote: September 25th, 2019, 6:51 am So you will only be as successful as you can afford to be. Yup that sure did come from business school.
Despite the attempt at sarcasm it is actually just another Capt Obvious moment.

Yes a smart business owner knows to start within their financial range and then expand/relocate as they can afford to. Over extending yourself is the fastest way to loosing it all and shutting down.
Opinions from you again. Like a turd in the ruff. Still just a turd.
Resorting to insults when confronted with facts. Hardly a sign of intelligence.

Racewin

Post by Racewin »

I feel like the fat guy in the van stuck between Harry and Lloyd in Dumb and Dumber, and one of is about to try to triple-stamp a double-stamp.
QuietM4 wrote: September 25th, 2019, 9:53 am OP, check out Loopnet.com; they are a commercial real estate listing site. You should be able to find something listed on there.
Thanks, I'll look into that.
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

Steve_In_29 wrote: September 25th, 2019, 11:07 pm
17-21-23 wrote: September 25th, 2019, 3:34 pm
Steve_In_29 wrote: September 25th, 2019, 1:31 pm Despite the attempt at sarcasm it is actually just another Capt Obvious moment.

Yes a smart business owner knows to start within their financial range and then expand/relocate as they can afford to. Over extending yourself is the fastest way to loosing it all and shutting down.
Opinions from you again. Like a turd in the ruff. Still just a turd.
Steve you are a insult to society. You and you thoughts would be better off left on that beach head I know you long for.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

17-21-23 wrote: September 26th, 2019, 6:43 am
Steve_In_29 wrote: September 25th, 2019, 11:07 pm
17-21-23 wrote: September 25th, 2019, 3:34 pm Opinions from you again. Like a turd in the ruff. Still just a turd.
Steve you are a insult to society. You and you thoughts would be better off left on that beach head I know you long for.
Just more insults is all you got? And doing so across multiple threads??

How very Ranger1esque of you.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

When I asked this earlier it probably got lost in 17-21-23's thread jack ....

OP, unless you are looking to open a retail shop why cut into your profits by renting a location to do transfers?
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

Sorry OP for the thread Steve jacked. He loves to hear himself just run that mouth. It's pretty disgusting. But where you are located would the county or city allow you to run a FFL out of your home.
Racewin

Post by Racewin »

I dont want to run it out of my house...work/life balance, atf showing up at odd hours, strangers in the house, etc.
storage_man

Post by storage_man »

Racewin wrote: September 27th, 2019, 12:31 pm I dont want to run it out of my house...work/life balance, atf showing up at odd hours, strangers in the house, etc.
I agree (Not that they really do), but those other 2 posters that have ruined your thread should be banned. Where are the moderators on this site. There isn't a thread on this entire site where they interrupted. SAD :hand:
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Racewin wrote: September 27th, 2019, 12:31 pm I dont want to run it out of my house...work/life balance, atf showing up at odd hours, strangers in the house, etc.
Got it, those are definitely all reasonable considerations.
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

ATFE would call you and tell you to expect them during the business day. I would have a suite separated from the dwelling for your FFL buisness. I have some friends in Oregan that use Sea containers that are their business Areas and they get them their own address. So its separated from their home. The container can be secured and it's not permanent. That is the cheapest way to go.
delta6

Post by delta6 »

Racewin....
Actually, the ATF does not show up at odd hours. They call, they make an appointment, that is agreeable to you. If they show up at an odd hour, you just tell them you're busy and to make an appointment. The internet is rife with BS stories.
Last edited by delta6 on September 28th, 2019, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Racewin

Post by Racewin »

17-21-23 wrote: September 28th, 2019, 7:24 am ATFE would call you and tell you to expect them during the business day. I would have a suite separated from the dwelling for your FFL buisness. I have some friends in Oregan that use Sea containers that are their business Areas and they get them their own address. So its separated from their home. The container can be secured and it's not permanent. That is the cheapest way to go.
A seperately addressed building is not a bad idea, but significantly increases my startup cost as I would want something that looks nicer than a sea container.
delta6 wrote: September 28th, 2019, 9:36 am
Racewin....
Actually, the ATF does not show up at odd hours. They call, they make an appointment, that is agreeable to you. If they show up at an odd hour, you just tell them your busy and to make an appointment. The internet is rife with BS stories.
I hear you, that still leaves my other concerns though.
GunSmoke

Post by GunSmoke »

Sense we’re all giving out free business advice, here some. Pop quiz, name 3 business that you drove past today that you saw a sign for and either stopped, or made a mental note to return to (that wasn’t fast food). I bet the answer is almost none - it’s why billboards are dying as a business, almost all search is done on phones now (if a mod is on, perhaps they can tell us what percentage of us access this site on a mobile device, bet it’s greater than 70%). Frankly, if you’re in the right demographic for your product, and google maps gets you to the door, I think you’re good. But who knows, free advice being what it is and all.. Good luck with your new venture.
Exorpmtech
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Exorpmtech »

QuietM4 wrote: September 24th, 2019, 3:37 pm
17-21-23 wrote: September 24th, 2019, 2:45 pm Make sure you are in a high traffic area.
Someone went to business school...
I loled
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

I believe having a container site is the cheapest way to go if the county you live in allows it.