Movie banning

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Movie banning

Post by 17-21-23 »

So how long do you think it will take for states to start banning movies that make the AR15 and other guns the hero. I mean Hollywood makes millions making movies with violence and gun at the heart of it all. A lot of the same people that use guns in their films to cash in are the same ones coming out against them. I wonder if states started banning those same movies do you think the movie stars that hate guns but make bank using them in their films would be upset?

Crippledtrigger
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Movie banning

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Oh my.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Remember, there are no stupid questions. But there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Actually there are stupid questions and I managed to prove that to a Fish & Game guy once years ago.
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

Well it maybe stupid and you guys want to comment on the question but not answer it. Huh
chicoandzeus
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by chicoandzeus »

It used to be the AK guys were bad and the M16 guys were good... or if you're outside the US, the FAL guys were good. Now we're all bad??? Then who's the good guys?
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

actually, I don't think it is a dumb question.

the hypocrites in Hollyweird will still continue to capitalize on making their movies with guns while crying about how bad they are...
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

chicoandzeus wrote: September 19th, 2019, 9:21 am It used to be the AK guys were bad and the M16 guys were good... or if you're outside the US, the FAL guys were good. Now we're all bad??? Then who's the good guys?
It's come full circle in Hollywood. The Indians are the good guys in any western made now...
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

17-21-23 wrote: September 18th, 2019, 6:07 pm So how long do you think it will take for states to start banning movies that make the AR15 and other guns the hero. I mean Hollywood makes millions making movies with violence and gun at the heart of it all. A lot of the same people that use guns in their films to cash in are the same ones coming out against them. I wonder if states started banning those same movies do you think the movie stars that hate guns but make bank using them in their films would be upset?
I am pretty sure that you take anyone's livelihood and they will be upset and lets face it many action stars would be completely incapable of doing any other type of acting.

However the premise of guns in movies going away isnt that far out. At least IMHO and it is just a online forum. They are destroying people who wore black or brown face when they were playing or acting out a role where they wanted to emulate the appearance of the person they were portraying. It would be one thing if it were all in ridicule but its not. Simply applying skin darkening means your entire career and life should be destroyed even if it happened 30 or 50 years ago.

What about smoking .. its a rare occurrence when you see smoking in movies anymore. Its rare enough that the wife and I notice because we both came up when EVERYONE smoked.

How about movies or TV shows where someone makes what is now considered an off color bigoted joke. Everyones panties are so tight that All in the Family would never make it to TV.

I think of movies like "demolition man" or books by Orwell and even what the Chinese are doing with their social credit system and .. yup .. banning movies that portray violence with a gun .. not that far out. Only allowed to think happy thoughts .. Joy joy and all that.

Who controls the media? The left. Why did smoking become not cool .. because of a media blitz that conditioned children from the time they were old enough to see tv. Why haven't we seen the same "dont kill your classmates" push.

Conditioning the populous especially if you start them young is a breeze using media. Movies and TV have made for the new outrage culture and you lump it with a consolidated news feed by a couple of giants .. yup... your premise is not far out at all. No more evil gun movies.

The only part of the whole thing I struggle with is how you take Stupid Hairless apes prone to violent outbursts and weed it out of them without some type of genetic engineering.
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

Hell I was just going with people like Scarlet Johanson that make big money on movies shooting it up and beating on people when they really believe no one should have them. But what you said works as well.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

17-21-23 wrote: September 19th, 2019, 6:57 pm Hell I was just going with people like Scarlet Johanson that make big money on movies shooting it up and beating on people when they really believe no one should have them. But what you said works as well.
My go to is Liam Neeson. Rails against guns yet almost all of his movies involve guns and violence. Where Johanson could certainly scare up other roles being easy on the eyes Liam is a pretty crappy actor and old ugly dude. He should remember where his bread is buttered and keep his mouth shut.
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

Well I believe everyone that's in the Exspendables are gun friendly. I think?
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

Here are some stars that hate them.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.elle.c ... n-control/
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »