Texas open carry yanks Walmart's chain

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Texas open carry yanks Walmart's chain

Post by Suck My Glock »

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/46065 ... into-store

Gun rights activists in Texas are testing Walmart’s request not to open-carry in stores by doing just that.

338lapua

Re: Texas open carry yanks Walmart's chain

Post by 338lapua »

If those f*** keep it up they will lose concealed carry too for those who still go there.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Yep, same as the idiots in California did with open carry.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Yea I cant see how this is helpful.

Maybe with time gun owners and shooting enthusiast can be so vilified that we can become a protected class. Then not only do they have to accommodate us they have to make special provisions for us like they do for Trans people and certain other minority groups.

Since all the recent rules, like support roosters on planes, seem to be made for the very fringe and micro minority of society maybe we are just not Fringy enough.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

338lapua wrote: September 11th, 2019, 10:03 am If those f*** keep it up they will lose concealed carry too for those who still go there.
Pretty much impossible to enforce that, unless they've got x-ray vision or install tens of millions of dollars worth of metal detectors at every Walmart entrance across the country.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Open carry texas and open carry Tarrant county are buffoons and arshole. I've met several of them since I've been here.

Fraking amateurs with no strategic vision. No imagination and no sense on how to pic their battles.

There are many here like that which is ironic given how the place started with exactly the opposite from a man named Huston.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Crippledtrigger wrote: September 11th, 2019, 3:04 pm Open carry texas and open carry Tarrant county are buffoons and arshole. I've met several of them since I've been here.

Fraking amateurs with no strategic vision. No imagination and no sense on how to pic their battles.

There are many here like that which is ironic given how the place started with exactly the opposite from a man named Huston.
They have done more harm than good especially in Texas with carrying rifles into stores since they could not open carry pistols until recently. Open carry assholes with rifles is why Sprouts said no more, tried to keep it CCW but they said f*** gun owners for intimidating our customers with rifles. The person who had to implement the change is a very pro gun person. So f*** the open carry faaggggoooottttssss that are helping us lose ground.

The Texas f*** are actually anti gun folks pretending to be pro gun and making companies so sick of complaints they just ban guns.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Have the right to open carry...
Don't do so for fear of retaliation...
Means you DON'T have the right
baja

Post by baja »

^
I don't open carry, but I have to agree.
A Right not used is a Right lost.
Crippledtrigger

Using a right and intentionally intimidating people are not the same thing. They get opposit results.
Razai

Post by Razai »

Our right to carry doesn’t remove a private property owner’s right to decide what’s what on his turf. We can go there or not, same as with any other place, but stores have the authority to state what they will allow.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Crippledtrigger wrote: September 12th, 2019, 5:57 pm Using a right and intentionally intimidating people are not the same thing. They get opposit results.
Unless they are getting in peoples faces when open carrying they are not intimidating anyone. Simply exercising their right as allowed under state law.

By your logic since many snowflakes are intimidated by guns then we as gun owners shouldn't ever show, talk about or use our guns.
Crippledtrigger

I'm talking about these 2 groups.

Dont lecture me on my logic cause you have no clue based on my comments about these 2 groups. Your sample size in completely inadequate to make that connection. I've been apart of many open carry events over the years. These 2 groups dont give a phuck about anything but allowing members to intimidate and scare people.

They are not pro gun warriors fighting for our rights. They are assholes intentionally intimidating people and do stupid s***. They carry at the ready ARs and AKs in the stupidest of places. Like flooding intersections blocking traffic in protest or filling parking lots around daycare centers or sidewalks around schools because the definition of school grounds here doesnt include the parking lots. In their twisted world scaring the sheit out of defenseless people in forced gun free zones is a good way to exercise your right and expand open carry.

They are JT Ready like Bullies. Peroid. Even if some group members dont act like this they are stained by those who do. They are no different then the Baptist church who protests soldiers funerals. Yes you technically can but why? What does it get you? Phucked that's what.

To go further about people in these two groups let's look at their other activities. Like riding all over town armed with rifles chasing the police scanner and interfering with the police by jumping out armed with cameras and bright lights getting as close as possible. They are lucky they havnt been shot. And yes they are that aggressive. I'm not talking cell phones here, I'm talking blinding flood lights to purposely blind the police and everyone around. Intimidation is all they care about.

So again technically are they doing something illegal? In this case yes and have been arrested and convicted of obstruction but what does it get them? Nothing but risking everyone around lives the first few times they did this.

Phuck these groups . They arent helping anyone or anything. Infact they have caused the slow roll of the Constitutional Carry changes giving those who would otherwise be forced to vote for these laws plenty of cover and pressure to not do so.

So making assumptions about my logic based on no info is a bit niave. I'm as pro gun open carry anti hoplophobes as they come. I also have a brain and common sense. They arent mutually exclusive unless these 2 groups are involved.