Any recommendations for websites to list guns for sale??

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
laabstract
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Any recommendations for websites to list guns for sale??

Post by laabstract »

Any recommendations for websites to list guns for sale? I have tried AR-15 and a few other sites including this one. I was wondering if there were any other sites that you guys cross-post on to sell firearms.

QuietM4

Re: Any recommendations for websites to list guns for sale??

Post by QuietM4 »

I've used Armslist.com several times with no issues. Gunbroker.com if you are desperate and don't mind the auction fees.

If you can't sell it on AR-15.Com, your price is too high. I know some of the people on this site can be slightly stingy and low-ballers...but I don't generally have any problem finding a buyer on this site if the price is right.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

I use Armslist.com to sell locally.
For high dollar guns I use Gunbroker.com .
AZ Husker

Post by AZ Husker »

If it happens to be a good 1911 I'd recommend www.1911addicts.com
harleypower69

Post by harleypower69 »

Lately I find Armslist to have too many scammers and flakes. I prefer the local sites.
DrEarlCordova

Post by DrEarlCordova »

harleypower69 wrote: August 25th, 2019, 8:16 am Lately I find Armslist to have too many scammers and flakes.....
Sounds like Backpage,, but it was good for selling guns quickly.
action magic

Post by action magic »

Agree with QuietM4, Price is key. While there are some low ballers here, there are quite a few that believe retail for used is a thing. Not everyone owns a HotDog cart.... just sayin'.
Sorry, may have been a poor attempt at humor. Or maybe not...
storage_man

Post by storage_man »

action magic wrote: August 25th, 2019, 9:05 am Agree with QuietM4, Price is key. While there are some low ballers here, there are quite a few that believe retail for used is a thing. Not everyone owns a HotDog cart.... just sayin'.
No Retail price won't work here or any other place for a used or NIB weapon. Like QuietM4 stated "Price is Key". A fair price will get it done.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

storage_man wrote: August 27th, 2019, 3:54 pm
action magic wrote: August 25th, 2019, 9:05 am Agree with QuietM4, Price is key. While there are some low ballers here, there are quite a few that believe retail for used is a thing. Not everyone owns a HotDog cart.... just sayin'.
No Retail price won't work here or any other place for a used or NIB weapon. Like QuietM4 stated "Price is Key". A fair price will get it done.
What is a fair price?
Certainly NIB and 80% are worlds apart. And one mans 80% is another mans 88%...
The local dealers and pawn shops only offer 1/4 to 1/3 of "used value" so if a gun is "lightly" used or 90-95% wouldn't it be worth 75% of retail?
It would be nice if there were some sort of pricing guidelines like there are grading guidelines, but then everyone interprets those different too. Some people think they should be able to buy it for 50% or less.... so they can flip it and make a few bucks... just observing.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Just like selling cars. You can put any price on any car and if you wait long enough someone will buy it.
There is an ass for every seat.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Selling can be accomplished on all sites, imo.

IF,... the piece is right, the price is right, and the timing in someone's life is right.
I know that sounds like an over simplification, but, I have found it to be true.

Some may say, "WELL WHAT IS A RIGHT PRICE",... the answer is, if it ain't sell'n,... it ain't the right price. There is a buyer for everything,.... it really does boil down to the right price, for me.

If I can't save 25% on a piece that I WANT, that has some wear / marks,... and the seller is touting "LIKE NEW" with only " A FEW THOUSAND ROUNDS",... yet, he wants $10 less than New in Box,... sorry,... no sale!

I have seen so many pieces that had been on sale by manufacturer's for give away prices, suddenly be offered at regular retail after the sale ended. Sometimes I have to wonder just how stupid some people are.

Good luck finding the magic sales site!
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I sold my last two guns at Armslist. It was very quick. There are several ways to filter searches when looking for used guns as well which makes it handy for buyers. Its just a larger Audience than boards.

The advantage of boards .. you usually know something about who you will meet and their honor system so it feels safer and easier. Its fun to put a face to the posts too.

Armslist is more like backpage used to be just with better software so you have no idea what will roll up on you when you go to meet someone.

I usually list here for a week or so before I try other places because I would rather deal with the guys from here that I have communicated with for nearly 10 yrs but .. after that I have sold in a few days on Armslist for asking price. I tend to price my items a bit on the lower side so that helps. I figure if I shot 500 rds though it then I subtract the rental fee for owning it, shooting it and enjoying it for however long I have had it. I wont give it away .. but I dont think I am so famous that the price goes up because I owned it.

There is also this site
https://www.azgunbuy.com/
I havent had success there but I know some board members who use it.