How many lowers do you have?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Re: How many lowers do you have?

Post by 17-21-23 »

QuietM4 wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 9:41 am
Ballistic Therapy wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 9:19 pm What good is a bunch of lowers unless you have uppers to go with them ?
Exactly. You can have 1,000 lowers ready to go, but if you don't have 1,000 uppers to match...?

I'd rather have a handful of lowers with matching uppers, along with replacement parts and several thousand rounds of ammo.
You are looking at it in the wrong way
. The lowers are controlled by the government. Serial numbers are 4473'ed. Uppers are not, at least on a AR. So if they were to somehow someday shut them down or make them a class weapon at least you have a lot stock piled. Just at least before they kill the grandfather clause.

QuietM4
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by QuietM4 »

You're assuming I accept governmental control. Please don't assume my adherence to federal guidelines, it's a bit of a trigger for me.

BTW, is 17-21-23 your safe combo? So you don't forget it? Are they your measurements?
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

17-21-23 wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 10:13 amYou are looking at it in the wrong way
. The lowers are controlled by the government. Serial numbers are 4473'ed. Uppers are not, at least on a AR. So if they were to somehow someday shut them down or make them a class weapon at least you have a lot stock piled. Just at least before they kill the grandfather clause.
So if .gov shuts down buying lowers do you REALLY think you would be able to still purchase parts kits and uppers after that?

You will simply have a bunch of aluminum that you can do nothing with at that point.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Even if the government shut them down you would still have a bunch of lowers with no uppers for them.
How can that be beneficial to anyone ?
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

At first they would kill lowers. I believe it would take some time to run down and stop uppers and parts considering they are not a controlled item. But it's good that you bring that up. Palmetto state armoury has a complete upper for $179 when it's in stock. I pick up a couple dozen when I can.
NONEYA

Post by NONEYA »

17-21-23 wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 1:39 pm At first they would kill lowers. I believe it would take some time to run down and stop uppers and parts considering they are not a controlled item. But it's good that you bring that up. Palmetto state armoury has a complete upper for $179 when it's in stock. I pick up a couple dozen when I can.
You can afford to pick up a couple dozen at a time?
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

Can't you? I have mama don't know money set aside for a long time.