How many lowers do you have?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

How many lowers do you have?

Post by 17-21-23 »

What ever it is, it's not nearly enough.

Lwstarks
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: How many lowers do you have?

Post by Lwstarks »

None—boating accident
needsmostuff

Post by needsmostuff »

My wife thought they were aluminum scrap and threw them in the recycle bin.
Bless her heart, she saved the planet.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

sniff sniff.......I smell feelers
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

Lwstarks wrote: September 1st, 2019, 7:20 am None—boating accident
^^^ this
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

I literally have none. 17+ years in the Marines broke me of any desire to own an AR or a Beretta.

If I ever "need" an AR there will be plenty of select-fire versions laying around to chose from.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Interesting. My time in the Army convinced me that I should have at least one AR. I shoot weekly with 4 other Veterans, one a Retired Seal, one a 2 Vietnam Tour Marine and 2 Army and they all have ARs.

Select fire has very little use even in combat and that's why they went to the burst trigger as opposed to full auto.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

hahahaha
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Flash wrote: September 1st, 2019, 10:45 am Interesting. My time in the Army convinced me that I should have at least one AR. I shoot weekly with 4 other Veterans, one a Retired Seal, one a 2 Vietnam Tour Marine and 2 Army and they all have ARs.

Select fire has very little use even in combat and that's why they went to the burst trigger as opposed to full auto.
Good for them and you but that doesn't change my opinion.

Small caliber round in a rifle that craps where it eats and has questionable terminal ballistics when shooting people who aren't in body armor. The current green tip ammo tends to simply punch neat .224 sized holes straight through the bad guys as it exits the body before fragmentation/tumbling can take place. The SOST rounds do a much better job but aren't exactly cheap for us civilians.

I prefer something in 30 cal myself. A 122-154gr 7.62x39 round packs more punch then a 62gr 5.56 and 147gr 7.62x51 turns what would be cover from 5.56 into just concealment quite nicely.

The burst trigger was a stupid attempt by the bean counters at keeping less trained troops from wasting ammo that didn't always provide the anticipated "3rd burst". You might get 3 or 2 or (surprise surprise) simply 1, depending on where the trigger mechanism was in its burst cycle when you threw the lever into burst. You also got a noticeably different trigger feel out of each step of the cycle when firing the weapon semi-auto. Wasn't a concern in combat but we used to cycle through the steps before each shot on the range when firing for score.

Full auto has its uses and when you need it you need it. The Marines seem to agree FA still has a valid place on the modern battlefield, as they are in the process of issuing the IAR (Auto/Semi) to pretty much everyone.

My prior comment was more in the vein that there would simply be plenty of .gov issued M16s laying around if it came to it...full-auto or otherwise.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

None, another tragic boating accident
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

Steve_In_29 wrote: September 1st, 2019, 12:12 pm
Flash wrote: September 1st, 2019, 10:45 am Interesting. My time in the Army convinced me that I should have at least one AR. I shoot weekly with 4 other Veterans, one a Retired Seal, one a 2 Vietnam Tour Marine and 2 Army and they all have ARs.

Good for them and you but that doesn't change my opinion.

Small caliber round in a rifle that craps where it eats and has questionable terminal ballistics when shooting people who aren't in body armor. The current green tip ammo tends to simply punch neat .224 sized holes straight through the bad guys as it exits the body before fragmentation/tumbling can take place. The SOST rounds do a much better job but aren't exactly cheap for us civilians.

I prefer something in 30 cal myself. A 122-154gr 7.62x39 round packs more punch then a 62gr 5.56 and 147gr 7.62x51 turns what would be cover from 5.56 into just concealment quite nicely.

The burst trigger was a stupid attempt by the bean counters at keeping less trained troops from wasting ammo that didn't always provide the anticipated "3rd burst". You might get 3 or 2 or (surprise surprise) simply 1, depending on where the trigger mechanism was in its burst cycle when you threw the lever into burst. You also got a noticeably different trigger feel out of each step of the cycle when firing the weapon semi-auto. Wasn't a concern in combat but we used to cycle through the steps before each shot on the range when firing for score.

Full auto has its uses and when you need it you need it. The Marines seem to agree FA still has a valid place on the modern battlefield, as they are in the process of issuing the IAR (Auto/Semi) to pretty much everyone.

My prior comment was more in the vein that there would simply be plenty of .gov issued M16s laying around if it came to it...full-auto or otherwise.
Yup like you said opinions are just that. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, it's just not right :D
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

Pro2a wrote: September 1st, 2019, 8:02 am sniff sniff.......I smell feelers
I like that. That's funny. When ever I see them at 29.00 or 30.00 i buy as many as i can. That's all
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

17-21-23 wrote: September 1st, 2019, 5:35 pm Yup like you said opinions are just that. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, it's just not right :D
Well Ranger1 your opinion might get more respect if it wasn't coming from the mouth of an idiot.

Which of the facts I stated would you like to attempt to strain your brain refuting or was the drive-by, "you're wrong" reply all you can muster?
17-21-23
Banned
Banned

Post by 17-21-23 »

First off. I'm not Ranger1. Second you should respect others opinions as much as you respect your own. Everything you mentioned is based on your opinion. Now I have first hand knowledge of what I speak of you just don't like it. It seems like anything you don't like must scare you because all you do is attack it. You should really stop the hate. Other can have their opinions too, not just you.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

Steve_In_29 wrote: September 1st, 2019, 5:56 pm
Well Ranger1 your opinion might get more respect if it wasn't coming from the mouth of an idiot.

Buncha meanies