RED FLAG laws

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

RED FLAG laws

Post by knockonit »

get ready to have this rammed up your keyster, rumor is duce is trying another run at this already, get on the horn, send em ails, call, do what you can, azcdl will need all the help they can get, with the rats jumping ship as fast as they are
Rj

storage_man

Re: RED FLAG laws

Post by storage_man »

knockonit wrote: August 5th, 2019, 9:34 am get ready to have this rammed up your keyster, rumor is duce is trying another run at this already, get on the horn, send em ails, call, do what you can, azcdl will need all the help they can get, with the rats jumping ship as fast as they are
Rj
RJ

Ducey is small potatoes. You should be woke on what the FED's are going to do.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

uh oh double
Last edited by knockonit on August 5th, 2019, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

i am, can 't do much about fed level but state we can, may not have the rats jumping ship if we stay focused on their arses. just saying, no doubt the fed is gonna bend over the American gun owner, just the way it is. don't like it, might wanna get some candy to get the nasty taste out of our mouth in the next few days, its gonna happen fast.

you know as well as i do, the gun lobby for our side can't get enough of us gun owners to agree on jack shiat to make any effectual fight, we (gun owners can't come to any kind of agreement on where to begin the fight, let alone how to fight it, it does make the fight
"small potatoes on any level"
just saying

Rj
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

uh oh double
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

It’s sad that “law makers” have a fundamental misunderstanding of how a law works. Laws do no stop people from doing anything....they just let polite society know when you’ve crossed a line.

There has never been, and never will be, a potential criminal who thinks, “Should would be nice to go shoot up my work on Tuesday. I’d better check to make sure I don’t violate any state, local, or federal statutes, first.”

Murder has been illegal for quite a while; doesn’t stop people who are determined to do it. Any new law won’t stop them either.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

hehe, i'll bet the nra gets on the opposite side of gun owners on this, lets see what happens,

hope i'm wrong
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

QuietM4 wrote: August 5th, 2019, 3:40 pm It’s sad that “law makers” have a fundamental misunderstanding of how a law works. Laws do no stop people from doing anything....they just let polite society know when you’ve crossed a line.

There has never been, and never will be, a potential criminal who thinks, “Should would be nice to go shoot up my work on Tuesday. I’d better check to make sure I don’t violate any state, local, or federal statutes, first.”

Murder has been illegal for quite a while; doesn’t stop people who are determined to do it. Any new law won’t stop them either.

Exactly,... only honest, descent, law obeying citizens,... obey the law,... not criminals!

And, I believe honest, descent, law obeying citizens would not commit crimes with, or without, laws,... just as criminals, will commit crime, with, or, without laws.

Sooo,... other than giving legislators an excuse for collecting a salary,... what purpose do they serve?
storage_man

Post by storage_man »

shooter444 wrote: August 8th, 2019, 12:34 pm
QuietM4 wrote: August 5th, 2019, 3:40 pm It’s sad that “law makers” have a fundamental misunderstanding of how a law works. Laws do no stop people from doing anything....they just let polite society know when you’ve crossed a line.

Exactly,... only honest, descent, law obeying citizens,... obey the law,... not criminals!

And, I believe honest, descent, law obeying citizens would not commit crimes with, or without, laws,... just as criminals, will commit crime, with, or, without laws.

Sooo,... other than giving legislators an excuse for collecting a salary,... what purpose do they serve?
I thought we always elected Legislators to provide leadership and protect the rights of the voters. But over the years (like the last 50), this position has eroded to the scum of the earth, because that is what a honorable profession used to be and then they turned it into a swamp. :naughty:
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

First, there is no such thing as a "law abiding citizen ". Laws from federal down to city are so voluminous it is impossible not to break one. You and I, we are all unconvicted felons.

Second, nothing you can say or do will stop what the ruling class wants. And they want a safe environment to rule you.

Third, and most importantly. While you still can, show up for jury duty. It is your only way to nullify unjust laws. So called "red flag" laws are a very clear violation of due process and I predict resistors. Not Guity will nullify red flags, even if a cop was hurt or killed in the process of enforcing a clearly unconstitutional order.
Flash

Post by Flash »

If they pass the Red Flag laws, they'll end up at SCOTUS where the Red Flag laws will be struck down as violations of the 2nd, 4th and 5th Amendments.
Buckshot Bill

Post by Buckshot Bill »

Flash wrote: August 10th, 2019, 8:52 am If they pass the Red Flag laws, they'll end up at SCOTUS where the Red Flag laws will be struck down as violations of the 2nd, 4th and 5th Amendments.
Flash, I sure hope you're correct.
Until then---so much for "guilty until proven innocent"!
Or "gee, we're sorry we destroyed you publicly and financially, -and "somehow your guns got destroyed". Sorry about that. :roll: [sarcasm]
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Flash, you're forgetting the second amendment is not treated like the rest of the Bill of Rights.

How you can carry, when, where, what type, ccw, rights restoration, number of rounds, prohibitions, and many other considerations fall under states rights the court won't touch. If you're paying attention, the high court ALWAYS sides with "Public Safety" over individual rights.

There is zero guarantee they would even take up the matter. And even if they did, it would be years down the road. I subscribe to the notion that rights delayed are rights denied
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

So far, so good,.... looks and sounds like Prez Trump isn't going in the "RED FLAG" direction,... for now, contrary to some opinions... fingers crossed, that it continues!