Turn out needed for Public Meeting for proposed BLM Shooting site

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
delta6
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Turn out needed for Public Meeting for proposed BLM Shooting site

Post by delta6 »

BLM hosting public meeting on a proposed shooting pilot project on the Old Church Road. Many of us have used this site and we need to give our input to the BLM. If we want to keep desert shooting open, close to town, we need to tell the BLM what is acceptable. It appears what looks like their initial plan, could be a disaster for that site long term. We need to have you folks turn out and give your input to the BLM. Please come out Thursday night, June 13th at 6PM.

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is now accepting public comments on a proposed shooting sports pilot project on public lands within the Arizona State Office’s Phoenix District. The pilot will evaluate a variety of active management options to enhance access and safety.

The BLM has identified four recreational shooting “microsites” in Maricopa and Pinal Counties. The proposed pilot microsites would offer shooting sports enthusiasts enhanced access and safety through varying levels of potential site development, such as firing lines, backstops, side berms, concrete pads and/or restrooms.
The sites were selected because they are located in easily accessible areas and have minimal conflicts with other recreation activities (such as hiking, mountain biking, off-highway vehicle use and camping) or with natural or cultural resources, housing developments, commercial permits, or energy and telecommunications lines.

Meeting is scheduled at the following location:
• June 13, 2019: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Arizona Game and Fish Department Headquarters, Eagle Conference Room, 5000 West Carefree Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85086.

Documents related to this project are available for review on BLM’s ePlanning website at https://go.usa.gov/xmfVv.
To learn more, please visit the BLM website.

knockonit

Re: Turn out needed for Public Meeting for proposed BLM Shooting site

Post by knockonit »

great, had no idea this meeting till now, i'll do all i can t show up, and see how we fair, with a turn out,

begining of what could be a big battle to keep spots open
Rj
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Please elaborate as to how it would be a disaster at that site long term. (Not looking to argue, just genuinely interested in the viewpoint.)
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

if they modernize a desert shoot site, when it does become an eyesore, meaning some a holes will trash it, then it will close, meaning the site and a few other places along with it. BLM is not public friendly, jmo though, having dealt with them for years on ranching leases, they talk out the side of their mouth, nothing is for the public it is for the individual in charge of the local fiefdom.
again jmo

history if you follow it will mostly agree.
make your own call on it.
imo its a attempt to begin the control of shooting on public land.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

knockonit wrote: June 12th, 2019, 7:26 pm if they modernize a desert shoot site, when it does become an eyesore, meaning some a holes will trash it, then it will close, meaning the site and a few other places along with it. BLM is not public friendly, jmo though, having dealt with them for years on ranching leases, they talk out the side of their mouth, nothing is for the public it is for the individual in charge of the local fiefdom.
again jmo

Your opinion,... and MINE!

I have dealt with BLM treehuggers begining when in Cave Creek, on the Tonto, and for the past quarter century now in the Chricahuas,... they think the public are intruders into their publicly funded life style, and create all kinds of self generated in house memorandums to dictate absurdities upon the public... JMO!!!

delta6

Post by delta6 »

shooter444 wrote: June 13th, 2019, 5:50 am
knockonit wrote: June 12th, 2019, 7:26 pm if they modernize a desert shoot site, when it does become an eyesore, meaning some a holes will trash it, then it will close, meaning the site and a few other places along with it. BLM is not public friendly, jmo though, having dealt with them for years on ranching leases, they talk out the side of their mouth, nothing is for the public it is for the individual in charge of the local fiefdom.
again jmo

Your opinion,... and MINE!

I have dealt with BLM treehuggers begining when in Cave Creek, on the Tonto, and for the past quarter century now in the Chricahuas,... they think the public are intruders into their publicly funded life style, and create all kinds of self generated in house memorandums to dictate absurdities upon the public... JMO!!!

Some truth... but if you do nothing... you deserve what you get....
RandyTF

Post by RandyTF »

BLM meetings for public opinion on proposed land changes are all just for show. You would have to prove your point to get their attention and that still wouldn't change anything they plan.

Only option is to take them to court and there prove your point.

These meetings will only elevate blood pressure and accomplish nothing. Sorry to be so negative but been there done that with a drastic land use change behind me on state land. Ended up in court.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

NOPE,... some folks are just not getting it! The BLM has been an entity on to itself for so long, all these "PUBLIC MEETINGS" are just shams designed to placate the sheep!

The ONLY thing a citizen can do, is SUE THEIR ASS to get proper consideration and justice!

I was up on the Blue about ten, or, fifteen years ago, looking for land. I was invited to stay at a local rancher's place for the night. The Blue community is probably the most isolated in Arizona. Seemed like it took forever to descend into the valley bottom, where Blue is located. During our conversation he related to me how they were having problems with wolves killing their calf crop.

When the ranchers in the valley learned that the treehuggers were introducing wolf/dog cross breeds into their leased lands, to kill off the calves, they began shooting them,... because crossbred wolf/dogs are not on the protected species list.

Then he related to me how the local head of that BLM office unilaterally created an in house memo to his rangers, that wolf/dog cross breeds were now a protected group as well as wolves.

It wasn't until a very long legal action began, did that BLM head back down and rescind his little fiefdom dictate!!!

BLM employees are left wing ideologs,... not just employees with a job to do!

jmo
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

stilll worth a show of hands at the meeting, jsut to let them know there are concerned citizens who want to keep the area available for shooting, doesn't cost anything but time a bit of dinosaurs to get there,
just saying
Rj
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Just say'n,... the Deep State ideologs of the BLM left wing treehuggers will go laughing into the back room after a show of hands by sheep, not knowing, whatever they say, or whatever they do,... won't get them :hand: anywhere!!!

How about some of you pro meeting activists go to Peloshits office and plead your case,... and see how much you get accomplished?

:whistle:
Last edited by shooter444 on June 13th, 2019, 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

lol, figured you for a talker
delta6

Post by delta6 »

knockonit wrote: June 13th, 2019, 11:16 am lol, figured you for a talker
Ha..ha..ha... That was a funny line.... :clap:
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

"IN THE AGE OF UNIVERSAL DECEIT, TELLING THE TRUTH IS A REVOLUTIONARY ACT"... George Orwell - author of '1984'

:whistle:
azman
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by azman »

I dealt with the fed's on the Tucson Basin Shooting Ban that was proposed about 15 years ago.
They held a public meeting at the Doubletree Inn in Tucson, and expected about 100 people to rant and rave, then they could wave their magic wand and do what they want.
What they got was over 1000 people... such an overwhelming group they had to pretty much cancel and break the mass protest into "break out" groups.
THIS was not what they wanted or expected... the plan was to hold the required meeting then enact a sweeping ban that encompassed a 30 mile circle centered at the I-10/I-19 junction.... effectively shutting down target shooting on Federal land (BLM & USFS) on the Ironwood Monument (BLM), and most of the Santa Rita Mtn's and the Rincon/Catalina's (think Redington Pass/Rosemont Junction, in Coronado NF).
They backed way off for several years, but apathy and attrition of the protesters helped them and they have shut down shooting on the Ironwood about 7 years ago(that alone is over 123,000 acres), along with certain long running "temporary closures" on FS locations. They are still a long way from getting all the land they wanted, but they are PATIENT, as are most that champion the liberal cause.

In simple terms: The upper management WANTS open shooting on "THEIR" land GONE... I talked with many of the manager's, and although they don't directly say it....It's obvious. The managers may change over time at this point, but the agenda doesn't. Many lower level feds feel different but they tow the line.

By giving a few "designated safe spaces" for shooting, they will be setting the precedence to ban "dispersed" shooting in the future. Throw some dogs a bone, and many will think they're eating steak.....Tick-Tock.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I went tonite and although I was sceptical and listening between the words spoken,...I have to say that fellows from BLM and AzG&F who were there on behalf of their agencies seemed individually to be supportive of shooters, since all of the ones I spoke with tonite claimed to all be shooters themselves.

I asked who or what spurred this pilot program to be attempted to begin with. The most detailed answer I got was that this originated with former Sec. Of Interior Zinke (and former Navy Seal) before his resignation in January. Trump tasked him with opening federal lands to greater use and exploitation, and this is part of that push.

I'll give more details later if anyone wants. But in a nutshell, this is just the preliminary first presentation of what MIGHT be and what it MIGHT look like. I do think, however, that if the planning and consideration phase takes too long,...and if Trump were to not be re-elected,...then this might not happen in time before the next libtard prez comes in and cancels it. So there is an arguement to be made to do what we can to expedite it before such can occur.