New Zealand ban non-compliance continues

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

New Zealand ban non-compliance continues

Post by Suck My Glock »

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/after ... yBMxsNagC8

Of estimated 300,000 banned weapons, only 530 instances of compliance.

Crippledtrigger

Re: New Zealand ban non-compliance continues

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Stand together kiwi gun folk or become peasants.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

While it would certainly be an amazing thought to be able to live in a world without guns, that is simply not the case. Until it is the case, anyone who wants to defend themselves and their family, should be able to do so in any manner they see fit — as the only other option is tyranny.
Not true. It is possible to keep guns out of the hands of terrorists. Take Sri Lanka, for example, where the terrorists could not get guns, so they used bombs on Easter Sunday, killing 300 and injuring 500. There was no gun violence -- hooray!

When terrorists can't get guns, they do not substitute knives, rocks and sticks. They use rental trucks and bombs, and the body count goes way up. When we hear of a mass shooting, we (they) should all be saying "Thank God they used guns, or else it would have been much worse." When the Las Vegas psycho used EBRs and a bump stock to kill 50, we (they) should have said "Thank God he used guns instead of loading one of his two airplanes with gasoline cans and flying into the crowd of 20,000."

It would not be "an amazing thought" to live in a world without guns. There was a time when the world did not have guns. It was called the Dark Ages.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

As SUBJECTS of the Crown, they along with the Australians are already "peasants". Neither country has the rights we enjoy enumerated nor protected in their constitutions and the people there are conditioned to only having such freedoms as the Crown sees fit to allow.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

^^^
And yet, there are a quarter million people there who are NOT complying with the royal decree! That's revolutionary. Good for them.
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

They are not yet required to turn them in yet. Most are waiting for the Government to decide on the amount of money they'll be given per gun. The guns turned in so far were voluntary.
So let's wait until it's mandatory turn in time until we celebrate too hard.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

300,000 gun owners in a population of 4.8 MILLION people. Gun culture in NZ is basically non existent and there will be near 100% compliance once the details are finalized.

The .gov knows who owns what and there won't be any BS about "boating accidents".
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

nothing but a land of sheep, and they think the gubermint will be the shepard. yeah right
Azbuilder

New Zealand gun turn in

Post by Azbuilder »

shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

"The terrorist who murdered 50 people earlier this year was engaging in a classic propaganda of the deed in which he predicted—accurately—that his murder would spark the restriction of gun rights. Lawmakers took his bait.

“On 15 March, our history changed forever. Now, our laws will too,” said Ardern as she carried out the will of this terrorist. “We are announcing action today on behalf of all New Zealanders to strengthen our gun laws and make our country a safer place.”"

There is a very old saying that seems to escape modern emotional knee jerk politics,... FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!

Someone behind the curtain is financing these attacks, all around the world, with only one consistent outcome,... GUN CONTROL leading to GUN CONFISCATION!!!

Hmmm,... doesn't seem like it would take an Einstein to figure out what entity in this world that has had a GUN CONFISCATION AGENDA for almost a century now!
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

OK, here is my New Zealand story:
Last year, I was at Scottsdale Gun Club when I happened to bump into a guy I had not seen in probably 25 years -- used to shoot with him in the Cactus Combat League. He introduced me to a fellow he said was visiting him from New Zealand. I invited them to shoot as my guests.

This New Zealand guy was a hell of a shot, one of the best I have seen. Precise accuracy, but fast as heck, a way better shot than me, and while I am not a champion, I ain't chopped liver, either.

I invited them to lunch, and we conversed. It became apparent that the two of them attributed all of the world's problems to Jews, blacks, Hispanics, and homosexuals, and the world would be a better place if all of those were...eliminated. Then I noticed an unusual tattoo on the New Zealander's arm. It was triangular, made up of three 7s. I asked him what it was, and he said it was a "brotherhood" he belonged to. After lunch, I looked it up on the internet, and found it is called a triskele, a "three-bladed Swastika." Naïve me, I had been shooting and lunching with a bona fide Nazi/white supremacist, who would like nothing better than to kill me and several members of my close family. (My family is quite "diverse" to use the trendy term.)

Bottom line: I do not see this guy turning in his guns to the New Zealand government. Depending on how many more there are like him, any attempt at confiscation is going to turn violent and bloody. I would not be surprised if the guy I met was acquainted with the psycho who shot up the mosques in New Zealand. Somebody posted that the criminal gangs are not handing their guns in. Well, neither are the Nazi groups. God help the poor cop or soldier who tries to "come and take them."
Flash

Post by Flash »

Steve_In_29 wrote: June 7th, 2019, 5:20 pm 300,000 gun owners in a population of 4.8 MILLION people. Gun culture in NZ is basically non existent and there will be near 100% compliance once the details are finalized.

The .gov knows who owns what and there won't be any BS about "boating accidents".
That 300,000 represents over 6% of the population.

The revolutionary war here was fought by 3% of the population.

I think the gun owners could do very well if it came to a fight.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

smithers599 wrote: June 8th, 2019, 12:24 pm OK, here is my New Zealand story:
Last year, I was at Scottsdale Gun Club when I happened to bump into a guy I had not seen in probably 25 years -- used to shoot with him in the Cactus Combat League. He introduced me to a fellow he said was visiting him from New Zealand. I invited them to shoot as my guests.

This New Zealand guy was a hell of a shot, one of the best I have seen. Precise accuracy, but fast as heck, a way better shot than me, and while I am not a champion, I ain't chopped liver, either.

I invited them to lunch, and we conversed. It became apparent that the two of them attributed all of the world's problems to Jews, blacks, Hispanics, and homosexuals, and the world would be a better place if all of those were...eliminated. Then I noticed an unusual tattoo on the New Zealander's arm. It was triangular, made up of three 7s. I asked him what it was, and he said it was a "brotherhood" he belonged to. After lunch, I looked it up on the internet, and found it is called a triskele, a "three-bladed Swastika." Naïve me, I had been shooting and lunching with a bona fide Nazi/white supremacist, who would like nothing better than to kill me and several members of my close family. (My family is quite "diverse" to use the trendy term.)

Bottom line: I do not see this guy turning in his guns to the New Zealand government. Depending on how many more there are like him, any attempt at confiscation is going to turn violent and bloody. I would not be surprised if the guy I met was acquainted with the psycho who shot up the mosques in New Zealand. Somebody posted that the criminal gangs are not handing their guns in. Well, neither are the Nazi groups. God help the poor cop or soldier who tries to "come and take them."
Well I don't expect the criminals will be lining up to turn in their guns either but criminals and neo-Nazis aren't exactly good examples of 2A support in NZ.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Flash wrote: June 9th, 2019, 6:04 am
Steve_In_29 wrote: June 7th, 2019, 5:20 pm 300,000 gun owners in a population of 4.8 MILLION people. Gun culture in NZ is basically non existent and there will be near 100% compliance once the details are finalized.

That 300,000 represents over 6% of the population.

The revolutionary war here was fought by 3% of the population.

I think the gun owners could do very well if it came to a fight.
First it ISN'T going to come to a fight.

The .gov will simply do like others have done, where they put liens on your property until you turn them in or don't allow you to renew vehicle registration or driver's license, etc. Offer rewards for your neighbors to dime you out.
Flash

Post by Flash »

That's when you start practicing your long range shooting skills.

Just one a week per person ought to have the desired effect.