New Zealand ban non-compliance continues

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: New Zealand ban non-compliance continues

Post by smithers599 »

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/mik ... ck-scheme/
The Police Minister says the gun buyback scheme isn't as simple as writing out a cheque.

The Government's promised to compensate gun owners who hand in their semi-automatic military weapons, after they were outlawed following the March 15 attacks.

Stuart Nash told Mike Hosking the release of the details of the scheme is imminent, but won't say exactly when that will be.

He says it's a complicated and complex process.

Nash is adamant the Government must retain the trust and confidence of the firearms community.
Yeah, good luck with that, boyo. That ship sailed a long time ago. You weren't on it.

shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

I think,...

Nash is adamant the Government must retain the trust and confidence of the firearms community.

..., is spin talk for,... 'the government isn't in a position to piss off an armed society'.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

AKA "Dont piss off the peasants till we take their pitchforks."
DillyCleo

Post by DillyCleo »

You want to see non-compliance - let them do it here
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/l ... 19ee21035b

Wow! 10,000 guns, and parts.

Oh, wait a minute.
More than 2000 people have surrendered 3,275 firearms, 7,827 parts and accessories and in return authorities have paid them slightly more than $NZ6 million since the buy-back began last Saturday, a police spokesperson told Reuters by telephone on Sunday.
Oh, so there were only 3,275 guns turned in, with between 2 and 3 magazines per gun. Gosh, that headline is misleading. You don't suppose that was intentional, do you, to make it sound like the compliance rate was higher than it actually is? Nah, neither the government nor a newspaper reporter would ever do such a thing.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

smithers599 wrote: June 8th, 2019, 12:24 pm OK, here is my New Zealand story:
Last year, I was at Scottsdale Gun Club when I happened to bump into a guy I had not seen in probably 25 years -- used to shoot with him in the Cactus Combat League. He introduced me to a fellow he said was visiting him from New Zealand. I invited them to shoot as my guests.

This New Zealand guy was a hell of a shot, one of the best I have seen. Precise accuracy, but fast as heck, a way better shot than me, and while I am not a champion, I ain't chopped liver, either.

I invited them to lunch, and we conversed. It became apparent that the two of them attributed all of the world's problems to Jews, blacks, Hispanics, and homosexuals, and the world would be a better place if all of those were...eliminated. Then I noticed an unusual tattoo on the New Zealander's arm. It was triangular, made up of three 7s. I asked him what it was, and he said it was a "brotherhood" he belonged to. After lunch, I looked it up on the internet, and found it is called a triskele, a "three-bladed Swastika." Naïve me, I had been shooting and lunching with a bona fide Nazi/white supremacist, who would like nothing better than to kill me and several members of my close family. (My family is quite "diverse" to use the trendy term.)

Bottom line: I do not see this guy turning in his guns to the New Zealand government. Depending on how many more there are like him, any attempt at confiscation is going to turn violent and bloody. I would not be surprised if the guy I met was acquainted with the psycho who shot up the mosques in New Zealand. Somebody posted that the criminal gangs are not handing their guns in. Well, neither are the Nazi groups. God help the poor cop or soldier who tries to "come and take them."
They forgot muslims. Hopefully by the time the Epstein case is done people will realize Israel is no friend of America with his chief recruiter Jizzlane Maxwell being the daughter of a Mossad agent. She is also one herself so they can leverage American politicians for money by offering them sex with underaged victims. Subtract the murders that are black on black and our crime rate drops drastically. Illegals from the south are a national security threat to this nation as one political party is giving them drivers licenses and voter id's and letting them have at it.

Gays? They are trying to normalize it and now are adding a new letter to their GLTBULLSHIT letters "P" for Pedosexual, so yeah lets get upset when someone doesn't like them. They fill the catholic church and many other churches and prey upon vulnerable kids. Encountered plenty of them growing up in the scouts and the churches as well as public schools. They are everywhere and want your kids.

God help the poor cop who tries to take them, I have no pity for cops that want to disarm society. That statement pretty much says you will comply when they call for ours. I hope enough are taken out when gun control comes that we can take our country back.

Sadly this world is so PC that everyone is afraid to say anything as they don't want to anger the special classes of people and get called a anti semite or a racist. Heaven forbid.