Trade value?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Trade value?

Post by XJThrottle »

Basher wrote: April 17th, 2019, 8:44 am Sometimes I do it to reinforce the fact that I’d much rather have cash. The option for a trade is still there, but you get a better deal with cash, which is what I need in such situations.
If I have it listed for cash, and you offer a trade, the trade will be in my favor by a decent margin.

Although, when it comes to guns with any value (more than $100, and not parts), I'd often rather trade mine than sell them. For instance, I have a LNIB Henry Golden Boy in 22MAG. Don't really want to sell it, but I would trade it for a Marlin 336 in similar condition.

HDS
Banned
Banned

Post by HDS »

Steve_In_29 wrote: April 17th, 2019, 7:14 am
HDS wrote: April 17th, 2019, 5:41 am For a Marine that's about all you can do. Cash is king. Try to just buy it. But I got to say I haven't seen any fire sales. Everyone wants market value or more for there stuff, not all but most.
WTF does being a Marine have to do with the topic of this thread???
You said it was just your observation. That's what that's about.
Steve_In_29
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by Steve_In_29 »

HDS wrote: April 17th, 2019, 3:41 pm
Steve_In_29 wrote: April 17th, 2019, 7:14 am
HDS wrote: April 17th, 2019, 5:41 am For a Marine that's about all you can do. Cash is king. Try to just buy it. But I got to say I haven't seen any fire sales. Everyone wants market value or more for there stuff, not all but most.
WTF does being a Marine have to do with the topic of this thread???
You said it was just your observation. That's what that's about.
Seems you are aren't any better at staying on your meds as HDS then you were as Ranger1, as you aren't making sense. Though we can presume the comment resulted in hysterical laughter in your head as you typed it.
HDS
Banned
Banned

Post by HDS »

I hope you got your shoes on. The chase is on....
Quake_Guy

Post by Quake_Guy »

I didn't understand the distinction either until I put something up for trade or cash... you could offer a recent production mint 3rd gen G19 in box with 2 mags for $350 cash, suddenly every joker out there will send you offers to trade straight across for a well worn Ruger P89 or Taurus PT92, with a single mag. Probably a 10 rounder.
cjr

Post by cjr »

Quake_Guy wrote: April 18th, 2019, 11:08 pm I didn't understand the distinction either until I put something up for trade or cash... you could offer a recent production mint 3rd gen G19 in box with 2 mags for $350 cash, suddenly every joker out there will send you offers to trade straight across for a well worn Ruger P89 or Taurus PT92, with a single mag. Probably a 10 rounder.
Amend brother. Hear is an old saying that I herd from a customer about a dealer at a gun show" he will give you a wiener for a ham".
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

AW ITS THE ART OF THE DEAL, nothing like bartering or discussing options, i'm not much of trade guy, can't remember anything i've ever traded, guess i like what i got. hehehe
happy friday
Rj
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

I always say that you will remember the negotiations long after the price has been forgotten.
HDS
Banned
Banned

Post by HDS »

knockonit wrote: April 19th, 2019, 5:51 am AW ITS THE ART OF THE DEAL, nothing like bartering or discussing options, i'm not much of trade guy, can't remember anything i've ever traded, guess i like what i got. hehehe
happy friday
Rj
I remember trading some AR triggers for a glock 17. I had 50 per trigger they were worth 276 each. I gave him 3 triggers, he felt like he got a good trade. I didn't feel bad about it.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Let me guess.
They were Elftmann tactical triggers ?
HDS
Banned
Banned

Post by HDS »

One was Wilson combat, one was a geissele, one was a American trigger corporation