AR Pistol question

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
underw0rld
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: AR Pistol question

Post by underw0rld »

Buy an LWRC 6.8 PDW pistol. Pay the sin tax and then put a LWRC PDW stock on it.
LWRC-PDW.jpg

QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: April 5th, 2019, 6:39 am I don't want to put one together .
I want a factory made gun.
I completely understand, building isn't for everyone. Eventually you may want to build yourself...it's incredibly easy, like adult Lego.

Head to a well stocked gun shop...where do you live, we can point you in a good direction. You won't find junk in a reputable gun shop.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

underw0rld wrote: April 5th, 2019, 8:47 am Buy an LWRC 6.8 PDW pistol. Pay the sin tax and then put a LWRC PDW stock on it.
LWRC-PDW.jpg
Not sure he wants to spend that kinda of money
RandyTF

Post by RandyTF »

Ranger1 wrote: April 5th, 2019, 7:09 am I'm sorry I thought I said I would build u a ar pistol. For my time it will be free. I have more then enough tools to build it. I can even order the kit for you. All you need to do is go do your 4473 ,get a lower, bring it over and in 14 min u will walk out with a pistol.

14 minutes? Shoot the eye out of a turkey at 2000 yards with it also?
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

That's funny .how many ar's have u built? How much money have you spent on AR armour's tools? How many tools have you had custom built?. If I come across a part I dont have the right tool for, I call the company up that made it and just buy the tool.
RandyTF

Post by RandyTF »

Ranger1 wrote: April 5th, 2019, 9:33 am That's funny .how many ar's have u built? How much money have you spent on AR armour's tools? How many tools have you had custom built?.

Do you somehow feel the need to prove something? I don't need to myself. But I have had a bit of experience with assembling rifles to question doing an AR pistol in 14 minutes. Unless you are talking about a fair amount of pre assembly from the factory such as a complete upper.
RandyTF

Post by RandyTF »

If you do have a video of yourself assembling an AR, it would help in the credibility department to see it done so fast.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Again you don't read well do you. You should go back and read what I said. Let me enlighten you. I said buy this Palmetto state Armoury kit. Buy a reciever and I will build it for you in 14 mins. Huh. I believe a kit comes with a upper reciever complete. Hell if you know what you are doing and have a custom receiver block at your fingertips, putting a barrel on a upper and forearm are as easy as wiping yourA$s. I have dedicated visas already set up for this. I feel the need to prove to you the person challenging ME on 14 min lower build. If all you build are a couple weapons cool. I build a hell of a lot . I dont like to spend a lot of time doing it. So I went down to a buddy of mine that's a manufacture and had him give me a class on building weapons. There are short cuts and i bought a lot of custom vise blocks from him. Now i whip through them easy
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

May I suggest getting opinions from members on COMPLETE PISTOL UPPER MANUFACTURES and COMPLETE LOWER MANUFACTURES,... that they trust.

Working the two pins to put an upper and lower together shouldn't be considered " building", imo.

I have bought a HARDEN ARMS 300 BLKOUT complete upper when I wanted a pistol, and then built my lower. I usually build both, but, I just couldn't beat their price,... been many years, so I really can't say much about current prices, but, I assume their quality has remained the same, or even improved, considering the personal communications I had with their tech rep.

All the best!
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Hey 444 u are on my ignore list. Your just not that important
RandyTF

Post by RandyTF »

Actually, the term "build" is misleading when all you do with ARs is assemble parts. I am a retired building contractor. In building you take materials and change them into something new and different to become a house, cabinet, etc. There are not pre cut parts to simply stack up to do such things. AR parts are, for the most part, interchangeable. It is simply "assembly". But we like to think we create our own AR so the term "build" is more creative sounding. But they are fun to ______ (fill in the blank.)
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Technically correct RandyTF,... and, in addition, as the guy who helped me get started building said,... mill spec parts, are mil spec parts,... so, other than some nifty aftermarket parts like a titanium firing pin, exotic trigger systems, etc, etc,.... parts are parts, so,...build/assemble away!!!

:dance:
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

RandyTF wrote: April 5th, 2019, 10:19 am Actually, the term "build" is misleading when all you do with ARs is assemble parts. I am a retired building contractor. In building you take materials and change them into something new and different to become a house, cabinet, etc. There are not pre cut parts to simply stack up to do such things. AR parts are, for the most part, interchangeable. It is simply "assembly". But we like to think we create our own AR so the term "build" is more creative sounding. But they are fun to ______ (fill in the blank.)
^^^This

Putting an AR together is not even close to what guys who "build" AKs or roller-lock weapons from flats have to do. Where a press, drill press, welding, heat treatment and rivets are involved.

As I mentioned earlier, with a PSA kit you can have a pistol for sub $500.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Good I'm glad we got that out of the way. Assembly. :lol: But there is SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED even with a kit
RandyTF

Post by RandyTF »

Steve_In_29 wrote: April 5th, 2019, 12:06 pm
RandyTF wrote: April 5th, 2019, 10:19 am Actually, the term "build" is misleading when all you do with ARs is assemble parts. I am a retired building contractor. In building you take materials and change them into something new and different to become a house, cabinet, etc. There are not pre cut parts to simply stack up to do such things. AR parts are, for the most part, interchangeable. It is simply "assembly". But we like to think we create our own AR so the term "build" is more creative sounding. But they are fun to ______ (fill in the blank.)
^^^This

Putting an AR together is not even close to what guys who "build" AKs or roller-lock weapons from flats have to do. Where a press, drill press, welding, heat treatment and rivets are involved.

As I mentioned earlier, with a PSA kit you can have a pistol for sub $500.

Yes sir! AKs are a bit more like a build. Did I tell you that I built my AK in 6 minutes?