Beer , guns and bulletproof vests

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Ballistic Therapy
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Beer , guns and bulletproof vests

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Testing a bullet proof vest the hillbilly way.

https://www.kark.com/news/2-men-arreste ... EPVFAHl_CU

Crippledtrigger

Re: Beer , guns and bulletproof vests

Post by Crippledtrigger »

You beat me too it.

My humble attempt to Chronicle the story from another forum below.

In another hold my beer story two drunk rednecks decide to test a bullet resistant vest. The must not have been too far gone caused they only used a 22.

Still drunk number one was pissed at the welts he sustained so when drunk number two took his turn drunk number 1 emptied the mag into his buddy's back.

Buddy goes to the ER and they call the police and the story turns into a Gecko 45 like yarn about how they were attacked by some operatives while protecting an "asset" who hired them at a local bar for 200 dollars.

If it was still April 1st I would have figured it a joke but alas, the stupid hold my beer and watch this society live on.

Story from, appropriately "the smoking gun". Lol http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/arkansas-idiots-670389
APRIL 3--Two Arkansas men took turns shooting one another while wearing a bulletproof vest, according to police who arrested the pair for felony assault.

As detailed in a probable cause affidavit, Charles Ferris, 50, and Christopher Hicks, 36, were drinking Sunday night on the back deck of Ferris’s residence when they came up the bright idea to shoot themselves.

Ferris, who was wearing a bulletproof vest, told Hicks to shoot him, according to the affidavit. Hicks obliged, firing a single round from a .22 caliber rifle into Ferris’s chest. While the vest stopped the bullet, Ferris was left with a painful welt on his chest.

Hicks then donned the vest.

Ferris, who would later tell cops that he was “pissed” about being shot, confessed that he “unloaded the clip” into Hicks’s back. None of the five rounds penetrated the protective vest, investigators noted, but Hicks “was bruised from them hitting him.”

When Ferris subsequently sought medical treatment for the shooting injury, hospital workers summoned police.

Instead of admitting that he and Hicks had shot each other, Ferris spun a wild tale about coming under fire by a mystery assailant while he was protecting an individual he referred to as an “asset.” Ferris claimed that he was paid $200 to protect the “asset,” whom he had met in a bar in the city of Springdale.

But after his wife told police what actually happened, Ferris confessed to fabricating the cloak-and-dagger story, claiming that he did not want to get Hicks in trouble.

Both men were subsequently arrested in connection with the aggravated assault, a felony. They were released yesterday from the Benton County jail on $5000 bond apiece and are scheduled for arraignment on May 13.

A sheriff’s deputy reported confiscating the “bullet proof vest the subjects wore during the incident,” adding that, “The rifle will also be seized.”
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

I probably shouldn’t say this but... a case where guns and alcohol shoulda mixed, but not enough, as it didn’t finish Darwin’s job
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

There is no fixing stupid.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

confessed that he “unloaded the clip” into Hicks’s back.
Justifiable shooting. Anybody who says "clip" instead of "magazine" deserves to be shot. :mrgreen:
stomp442

Post by stomp442 »

Same sort of thing just happened here in Safford just a few weeks ago, only it was a .223 and the moron with the vest was killed.

http://gilavalleycentral.net/man-dies-t ... roof-vest/
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

stomp442 wrote: April 4th, 2019, 2:35 pm Same sort of thing just happened here in Safford just a few weeks ago, only it was a .223 and the moron with the vest was killed.

http://gilavalleycentral.net/man-dies-t ... roof-vest/
Find out what brand that was, so I know not to get it.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

You know,...both these guys engaged in this thing willingly. If either of them sustained any injuries,...who cares? Why waste public resources detaining these organ donors? Give em' a camera crew and a production budget so we can all benefit.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

My thoughts exactly. Who cares, and actually stupid can be fixed. If they would have shot each other in the head, the stupid stops immediately.
RandyTF

Post by RandyTF »

I would say those two already punished themselves. Give them "time served" and be done with it. But maybe with one punishment classified as a felony so they can't own guns anymore. Not sure they can be trusted to only shoot themselves.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

I know I'm going to take some heat for this but who cares. The guys I train with train with live ammo. We are all still alive we don't mix drinking and shooting.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Suck My Glock wrote: April 5th, 2019, 1:12 am You know,...both these guys engaged in this thing willingly. If either of them sustained any injuries,...who cares? Why waste public resources detaining these organ donors? Give em' a camera crew and a production budget so we can all benefit.
I second the nomination and move that the nominations be closed and brought to a vote.

The only money I want wasted on such things is on a cable bill to watch the fun. They will waste ten grand to investigate prosecute and eventually drop the charges to a stupid shooting near a house ticket.

Probably the same place that just charged a guy evicted from his home for animal cruelty cause he left his gold fish in the bowl. Hes already got a couple thousand dollars bill for emergency vet care for the fish that was near death. Getting evicted proves hes got money to burn on such foolishness.
What
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by What »

Suck My Glock wrote: April 5th, 2019, 1:12 am You know,...both these guys engaged in this thing willingly. If either of them sustained any injuries,...who cares? Why waste public resources detaining these organ donors? Give em' a camera crew and a production budget so we can all benefit.
I'd watch that as long they keep coming up random stuff. Hospital visit only for actual injuries. Patch them and send them on their way.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

Ranger1 wrote: April 5th, 2019, 10:26 am I know I'm going to take some heat for this but who cares. The guys I train with train with live ammo. We are all still alive we don't mix drinking and shooting.
Maybe I'm not getting it, but I train with live ammo.....

Do you mean, you fellas shoot at each other? like them crazy Russians?
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Yes 1 on 6 or 2 on 10. Force on force with live ammo. If you get hit you are out until restart.