Firearm Related Humor

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Firearm Related Humor

Post by Suck My Glock »

GDz0d9nW4AAKV7Y.jpg

blasternaz

Post by blasternaz »

Florida Didn't Do Background Checks On Concealed Carry Applicants For A Year Because Of A Lost Login

Generally speaking, when somebody wants to acquire a gun or a concealed-carry permit, they'll need to go through a few rounds of background checks. Ideally, this process roots out those who suffer from serious mental illness or have had serious, felonious brushes with the law in the past. But it's pretty hard to run an internet-based background check when the person in charge of running those checks forgets their login credentials, and even more so if they don't tell anybody about it for over a year.

That's exactly what happened in Florida. In June 2018, it was revealed that the state of Florida conducted zero background checks on people who applied for concealed weapons permits between February 2016 and March 2017 because one employee simply couldn't remember how to log in. This means anyone applying for a concealed weapons permit was approved, and it occurred during one of the largest gun sale spikes in state history.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

blasternaz wrote: January 15th, 2024, 12:01 pm Florida Didn't Do Background Checks On Concealed Carry Applicants For A Year Because Of A Lost Login

Generally speaking, when somebody wants to acquire a gun or a concealed-carry permit, they'll need to go through a few rounds of background checks. Ideally, this process roots out those who suffer from serious mental illness or have had serious, felonious brushes with the law in the past. But it's pretty hard to run an internet-based background check when the person in charge of running those checks forgets their login credentials, and even more so if they don't tell anybody about it for over a year.

That's exactly what happened in Florida. In June 2018, it was revealed that the state of Florida conducted zero background checks on people who applied for concealed weapons permits between February 2016 and March 2017 because one employee simply couldn't remember how to log in. This means anyone applying for a concealed weapons permit was approved, and it occurred during one of the largest gun sale spikes in state history.
So,...did Florida ever review those permits to see who might have improperly been approved? Did they set them up in stings to bust them?
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Suck My Glock wrote: January 15th, 2024, 12:08 pm
blasternaz wrote: January 15th, 2024, 12:01 pm Florida Didn't Do Background Checks On Concealed Carry Applicants For A Year Because Of A Lost Login

So,...did Florida ever review those permits to see who might have improperly been approved? Did they set them up in stings to bust them?
Seriously, it took me 10 seconds of Google Fu to find the answer. Why are you people so lazy and have to have that info. spoonfed to you?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/10/us/flori ... index.html

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

kenpoprofessor wrote: January 15th, 2024, 12:15 pm
Suck My Glock wrote: January 15th, 2024, 12:08 pm

Seriously, it took me 10 seconds of Google Fu to find the answer. Why are you people so lazy and have to have that info. spoonfed to you?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/10/us/flori ... index.html

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Because, Clyde, I'm lazy and knew someone would do exactly what you did. And thank you for saving me the trouble.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Interesting that the CWP applications go through the department of agriculture.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Not only CWPs, but inspecting the carnival and fair rides of the traveling vagabond shows.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

261782092_10224096424572153_5614027645424865452_n.jpg
261782092_10224096424572153_5614027645424865452_n.jpg (18.99 KiB) Viewed 1478 times
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

So what happened? Big spike in gun-related crimes afterwards? Or nothing, meaning background checks are a waste of time and money?
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

Inspect your handguns carefully gentlemen. There has apparently been some covert sabotage and defacement at the gun shows. You may in fact NOT be fondling a Glock, but rather have been stroking a,....

defaced Glock.jpg
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Should this go under Firearms Related Humor or Firearm Training and Tactics?

Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

419733767_939741260841144_5441812460713392065_n.jpg
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Gotta give Bubba a thumbs-up on the John Deere rig