i need a new air rifle

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
shooter444
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: i need a new air rifle

Post by shooter444 »

Do you realize that SPECIALTY POWDER LESS ( as in, NO POWDER CHARGE, JUST A PRIMER) 22 short cartridges make LESS noise than some Air Rifles?

Flash

Post by Flash »

Be aware that in some jurisdictions it's illegal to fire an air rifle or pellet gun in your yard.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

tobylazur wrote: March 24th, 2019, 8:22 pm It's time to retire my Daisy break action .177. I watched the pellet bounce off a roof rat from about 10ft away.

What would you guys recommend? I don't need anything crazy powerful, or expensive. Just enough to shoot the rats behind my storage shed when i see them.
Have you contacted Daisy (or checked around) on the availability of a repair/rebuild kit for it. I did that for one of mine a while ago.

Of course if you just want a new air rifle then go for it. If you want to go big, look into pre-charged penumatics. Hatsan is a good name in air rifles of all kinds.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Flash wrote: March 28th, 2019, 7:34 am Be aware that in some jurisdictions it's illegal to fire an air rifle or pellet gun in your yard.
So that's why you should step into the neighbor's yard before shooting at the rat in yours. :mrgreen:
tobylazur

Post by tobylazur »

shooter444 wrote: March 28th, 2019, 5:56 am Do you realize that SPECIALTY POWDER LESS ( as in, NO POWDER CHARGE, JUST A PRIMER) 22 short cartridges make LESS noise than some Air Rifles?
I do. A neighbor watching me shoot something with one and calling the cops won't make it any more legal just because it's quiet.
tobylazur

Post by tobylazur »

Flash wrote: March 28th, 2019, 7:34 am Be aware that in some jurisdictions it's illegal to fire an air rifle or pellet gun in your yard.
As of a year ago it's legal in Chandler.
tobylazur

Post by tobylazur »

Steve_In_29 wrote: March 28th, 2019, 1:29 pm
tobylazur wrote: March 24th, 2019, 8:22 pm It's time to retire my Daisy break action .177. I watched the pellet bounce off a roof rat from about 10ft away.

What would you guys recommend? I don't need anything crazy powerful, or expensive. Just enough to shoot the rats behind my storage shed when i see them.
Have you contacted Daisy (or checked around) on the availability of a repair/rebuild kit for it. I did that for one of mine a while ago.

Of course if you just want a new air rifle then go for it. If you want to go big, look into pre-charged penumatics. Hatsan is a good name in air rifles of all kinds.
I haven't looked into it. I figured it would be close to the price of a new one, and this one isn't really that great to begin with. (Looking to spend around $100)
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

tobylazur wrote: March 28th, 2019, 4:19 pm I haven't looked into it. I figured it would be close to the price of a new one, and this one isn't really that great to begin with. (Looking to spend around $100)
When I did mine I think the kit was about $15.
Flash

Post by Flash »

tobylazur wrote: March 28th, 2019, 4:14 pm
As of a year ago it's legal in Chandler.
Gilbert too. I set up a pellet trap and shoot in the backyard occasionally.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

In Phoenix you can shoot pellet/BB as long as you contain the projectile. And, is legal to kill pests if you have a hunting license.

Click to enlarge.
bb.PNG