Anyone know Greystone Firearms? He has a suppressor I paid for..

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Quake_Guy
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Anyone know Greystone Firearms? He has a suppressor I paid for..

Post by Quake_Guy »

well got an update from the lady at the ATF, not what I was expecting...

apparently my can was sold and approved for a form twice. and the other guy picked it up first. If I had his contact info, maybe we could share it. I could have it Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays...

WTF, good thing we have a registry. And according to ATF, its a civil matter. Huh, I thought selling stuff and not delivering and using a Govt. agency to facilitate fraud was illegal or something...

not just a waste of money, but waste of time submitting all the docs and then waiting for nothing. really wanted that can for the upcoming good times of non-100 degree weather.

is there another agency that cares? I can submit something but I think any chance of getting your money back is near zero. I was hoping he just couldn't manage paperwork, but its pretty clear fraud was the intent well over a year ago. I amazed anyone got a refund, for those that did you must be awfully big and scary.

Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

Same can sold multiple times. Fraud...
Contact the PD of the city in which the transaction took place.
josephsixecho
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by josephsixecho »

I have had the same issues as described on a Sparrow I purchased in May of 2017. Lack of communication when I left message sent text. Its been 11 months since the paperwork was given to Neil to send in and I wonder when it was sent now.

I sent Neil a PM this morning, hope to hear from him soon.
DarrylB

Post by DarrylB »

My attorney filed two lawsuits against Neil Vrooman and Greystone Firearms for about $13,000, after all the fees close to $18,000 (the sales took place last year). I am also in the process of filing a criminal complaint with local PD.
ATF will not get involved regarding a sale unfortunately. I was just informed by our local branch. Everything has to be handled by local PD.
However I was able to get their attention on another matter involving him and the manufacture of firearms. So will see what happens.
DarrylB

Post by DarrylB »

Well I have two lawsuits against him and was actually able to make a headway with ATF today.
They are both in Justice court
CC2018-096734
CC2018-096769

I'm just waiting on my attorney to file the judgments, cause see I know how to get blood from a turnip!

Neil, you are running out of time!
YNOTAZ wrote: July 6th, 2018, 7:50 am Ya know, I'm just going to call BULLSHIT on the last post. Why is everyone related to firearms so ready to eat their own?

1st post and it is bashing a business when it only takes a few seconds to see if anything he says sounds true. BBB assertion BULLSHIT This is the only listing for Greystone in Glendale and a similar search of peoria, just in case, returns the same results.

ARFCOM, whore of all gun communities, a search returns one post which looks very similar to the one that was resolved here and makes no mention of every police agency in the world looking at Greystone.

Google search on Greystone turns up nothing about the crap being spread above.

As I said, I've dealt with Neil for 10 years. I've referred other people to him who have called or sent texts from their phones, phone numbers he would not recognize, and zero complaints.

I only did this checking because I thought I could be wrong, maybe the business turned sour, but nope, the only thing sour is the above post
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Do you realize, the BBB is a PRIVATE ENTERPRISE influenced by their contributing national business members? It is coordinated/controlled by the Council of Better Business Bureaus, which is another PRIVATE ENTERPRISE.

Both having no oversight, or official affiliation, with the Federal Government?

Not saying that it is a good or bad thing!
DarrylB

Post by DarrylB »

I replied to the wrong post regarding Greystone, but the fact remains, there are two lawsuits filed against Greystone by my attorney and a complaint has been taken by ATF today. I will also be filing a criminal complaint with either Glendale or Phoenix PD regarding this issue.
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

josephsixecho wrote: August 7th, 2018, 5:49 am I have had the same issues as described on a Sparrow I purchased in May of 2017. Lack of communication when I left message sent text. Its been 11 months since the paperwork was given to Neil to send in and I wonder when it was sent now.

I sent Neil a PM this morning, hope to hear from him soon.
I would be amazed if you hear from Neil at this point or if he filed your paperwork at all. Do you have a serial number? Have you called to check on it? The majority of forms from that time period have already been approved.
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

Quake_Guy wrote: August 6th, 2018, 11:39 pm well got an update from the lady at the ATF, not what I was expecting...

apparently my can was sold and approved for a form twice. and the other guy picked it up first. If I had his contact info, maybe we could share it. I could have it Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays...

WTF, good thing we have a registry. And according to ATF, its a civil matter. Huh, I thought selling stuff and not delivering and using a Govt. agency to facilitate fraud was illegal or something...

not just a waste of money, but waste of time submitting all the docs and then waiting for nothing. really wanted that can for the upcoming good times of non-100 degree weather.

is there another agency that cares? I can submit something but I think any chance of getting your money back is near zero. I was hoping he just couldn't manage paperwork, but its pretty clear fraud was the intent well over a year ago. I amazed anyone got a refund, for those that did you must be awfully big and scary.
This is infuriating. Why the hell would ATF approve forms for the same can twice? Do they seriously have nothing in place to check and see if a NFA item is already in the system or not? I'd imagine that's like database 101. WTF

I wonder how many times Neil sold the same suppressor? Six times? A dozen? And just kept submitting forms for the same serial number. It just blows my mind. Although ATF wouldn't know if a serial number is valid or not so Neil could have been just making serial numbers up, it's not like the ATF would know. Because there is no way he had that many Omegas in his possession.

I'm not sure anything would turn him around at this point but a guy earlier in the thread posted that Neil got a hold of him ASAP after contacting some of his family on facebook, maybe go that route? The person who posted should still have that contact info.
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

DarrylB wrote: August 7th, 2018, 10:48 am My attorney filed two lawsuits against Neil Vrooman and Greystone Firearms for about $13,000, after all the fees close to $18,000 (the sales took place last year). I am also in the process of filing a criminal complaint with local PD.
ATF will not get involved regarding a sale unfortunately. I was just informed by our local branch. Everything has to be handled by local PD.
However I was able to get their attention on another matter involving him and the manufacture of firearms. So will see what happens.
I hope you can nail this guy. Good luck. That is a ton of money.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

DarrylB wrote: August 7th, 2018, 10:48 am My attorney filed two lawsuits against Neil Vrooman and Greystone Firearms for about $13,000, after all the fees close to $18,000 (the sales took place last year). I am also in the process of filing a criminal complaint with local PD.
Your attorney is shown as David Rosen. That's not David K. Rosen, is it?
DarrylB

Post by DarrylB »

Yep it is
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Man, I think you need to take a hard look at how you go about selecting people for professional services:

https://www.azbar.org/newsevents/newsre ... vidkrosen/
DarrylB

Post by DarrylB »

I know his history. He's been my attorney for over 10 years. I have never had an issue with him.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

How is he able to help you if his license is suspended?