Anyone know Greystone Firearms? He has a suppressor I paid for..

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Isnake
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Anyone know Greystone Firearms? He has a suppressor I paid for..

Post by Isnake »

Problem with Paypal is you have to hook your bank account up to the paypal account. If he dosent make good on this it comes directly out of my checking account. The bank also now has copies of everything and has submitted it to their fraud division. Not how I wanted to spend my saturday morning but here we are.

superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

I don't know if it's possible at this point since you've got the negative balance but you can delete the bank account and credit cards from the Paypal account. You just wouldn't be able to do anything with it. It might keep them from pulling it from you though.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

After following this entire thread, the term ponzi scheme keeps creeping into my consciousness.
TheRifleman

Post by TheRifleman »

Isnake wrote: July 28th, 2018, 10:59 am Problem with Paypal is you have to hook your bank account up to the paypal account. If he dosent make good on this it comes directly out of my checking account. The bank also now has copies of everything and has submitted it to their fraud division. Not how I wanted to spend my saturday morning but here we are.
Tell your bank there are two options:
1. Recognize you're a victim of fraud, change your account number, and do not allow any outbound transfers without your express permission. (Even with this, I would transfer all but the minimum funds you need out of that account and cancel any of overdraft protection options you've opted into.)
2. You close your account and do business elsewhere.

You have the money so you have the leverage here. As soon as you lose that money, you lose all leverage and are at the mercy of PayPal or douchebag numero uno. PayPal is no friend of gun owners so I wouldn't feel bad if they eat a couple grand.
GunSmoke

Post by GunSmoke »

I'm still trying to get a refund as well, Neil's bank has declined the refund he's sent twice now...
harleypower69

Post by harleypower69 »

Neil needs to be arrested.
harleypower69

Post by harleypower69 »

^ Perhaps a group buy on a lawyer would make the most sense for all my fellow shooters who got ripped off and then lied to?
AZDESERTRAT

Post by AZDESERTRAT »

i hesitated joining this thread as I was hoping neil would come through and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but I’m seeing way to many similarities on here to my situation.
2 form 4s started in feb 2017 for an omega and sparrow. Got a refund check in December. neil said atf (heather) fixed the issue and reapplied the fee and everything was good. Decent communication with Neil from 2017 until early 2018 but no form 4s he stated. Then it got spotty. I got ahold of him in June 2018 and both my form 4s were (supposedly) finally back and approved. I worked to meet him to pick up my cans for 2 months but something always came up on his side and we couldn’t meet. No response at all the last 2 weeks. Called atf last week and they said the sparrow was approved in oct 2017 and that they had no record of my omega. (I didn’t have the serial number for the omega so they were just searching by name and ffl). I’ve reached out to the atf agent listed in the arf forum for help. No response as of yet. This was my first nfa purchase and it’s turned into a nightmare to resolve.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

harleypower69 wrote: July 30th, 2018, 8:19 am ^ Perhaps a group buy on a lawyer would make the most sense for all my fellow shooters who got ripped off and then lied to?
Good thought, but, even with a judgement in their favor, they can't get blood from a broke stone!

I think this needs to be a federal case of basic fraud/theft, before any satisfying results will be realized, imo.
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

harleypower69 wrote: July 30th, 2018, 8:19 am ^ Perhaps a group buy on a lawyer would make the most sense for all my fellow shooters who got ripped off and then lied to?
Isnake already has a lawyer, maybe see if you can combine forces somehow?

AZDESERTRAT wrote: July 30th, 2018, 10:29 am i hesitated joining this thread as I was hoping neil would come through and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but I’m seeing way to many similarities on here to my situation.
2 form 4s started in feb 2017 for an omega and sparrow. Got a refund check in December. neil said atf (heather) fixed the issue and reapplied the fee and everything was good. Decent communication with Neil from 2017 until early 2018 but no form 4s he stated. Then it got spotty. I got ahold of him in June 2018 and both my form 4s were (supposedly) finally back and approved. I worked to meet him to pick up my cans for 2 months but something always came up on his side and we couldn’t meet. No response at all the last 2 weeks. Called atf last week and they said the sparrow was approved in oct 2017 and that they had no record of my omega. (I didn’t have the serial number for the omega so they were just searching by name and ffl). I’ve reached out to the atf agent listed in the arf forum for help. No response as of yet. This was my first nfa purchase and it’s turned into a nightmare to resolve.
I think it's pretty clear at this point that any benefit of the doubt that anyone could give Neil is gone. I even know of a couple people that, for whatever reason, haven't bothered to post in this thread that are/were in the same situation.

That are far too many "coincidences" if you want to call them that. Neil is 100% a liar, I think that's not even questionable. I feel pretty safe adding thief into that also unless he decides to magically turn this around and stop screwing people.

It's odd that you too had an Omega with no serial number. I find it hard to believe that a kitchen table FFL would have a half dozen or more omegas laying around to sell. I wonder if he just decided he could resell the same items over and over and with the wait times what they were it would be a long time before anyone found out. Stupid game plan but I don't know what else to make of all this. Since Neil doesn't seem to want to return to this thread and give us his excuses all I can do is speculate.

It's really unfortunate that this is your first NFA experience for a couple of you.
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

AZDESERTRAT wrote: July 30th, 2018, 10:29 am i hesitated joining this thread as I was hoping neil would come through and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but I’m seeing way to many similarities on here to my situation.
Are those dates above right? How much was your refund for? Just $200? I don't see how you could have gotten a refund if the form was already approved unless Neil himself canceled it.
AZDESERTRAT

Post by AZDESERTRAT »

I had 2 forms. one for a sparrow was approved in oct. I think the omega got refunded in dec
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

No matter how pissed off you get, do NOT publicly post threats of violence
GunSmoke

Post by GunSmoke »

I've been unable to reach Neil for about 3 weeks now. Pretty sure he has my number blocked, as it goes right to voicemail when I call. I've been nothing but nice to him about this. I understand people get in tough spots, and that he has a family to feed, and may not have all the money to repay all of us at once. I offered to work out a repayment plan, to take used or other merchandise that could be resold ( I've been to his shop / garage, he has a ton of Firearms product including personal weapons that could be sold should he truly be interested in making repayments to those he has ripped off). Following that conversation he appears to a blocked my number. My story is the same as those above, I constantly got the story that Heather was fixing the problem. He said plenty of chances to respond, he showed himself to be a liar and a thief. People in tough spots are defined by the way they respond, and he certainly has shown his true colors.
Hedley lamarr 23

Post by Hedley lamarr 23 »

Sorry for those who got burned.. Hopefully he figures it out and it all gets resolved... Thanks for alerting us all on this guys un professional dealings... Pretty sad