Anyone know Greystone Firearms? He has a suppressor I paid for..

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
superdrag67
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Anyone know Greystone Firearms? He has a suppressor I paid for..

Post by superdrag67 »

I just posted this elsewhere:

I bought an Silencerco Omega from this guy through AZS last year. I never even so much as met the dude but at the time he was active on social media, on AZS and other people gave him the thumbs up on AZS, including with NFA stuff.

I have a receipt dated 02/06/2017. He said he was going to include the serial number with the receipt, I didn't think to look at the time. When I went to look for it much later, it wasn't on the receipt.

I mailed off the forms last year and then a couple months ago I figured I should call the ATF and see what the hell is taking so long even though I've never felt the need to call before this stamp. I dug out the forms and realized that I'm an idiot and made a copy of the CLEO form that doesn't have the serial number on it. I call Neil at Greystone on 04/27 and tell him I need the serial number. He says he'll get it and call me back. Doesn't happen. I text him on 04/30 and 05/01 with absolutely no response even though we've texted at this number in the past. I speak with him again on 05/16 and he says he'll text it to me later. Doesn't happen.

I was talking to someone else about it a couple weeks ago and they told me to double check and make sure I didn't get a refund from the ATF. I figured I'd have seen it but I just happened to think about it so I went back through my statements and I got a refund on 04/06/18.

There was another person, maybe 2, on AZS who said they had forms in with him currently but now that it's gone I can't get in touch with them. Greystone's facebook page is now completely gone also...

I just tried to call Neil and no answer, although the voicemail is still his. Maybe he'll call me back and this will all get ironed out but if past communication is any indication I highly doubt it. I'm just done at this point. Either he gets me my money back or he Form 3's the suppressor to someone I trust. I'm not sure I would trust that to happen at this point though.

According to FFL EZ check his FFL doesn't expire til 07/01/2019 and me getting an unexplained refund almost a year later makes no sense because I sure as hell didn't cancel it.

deanq

Re: Anyone know Greystone Firearms? He has a suppressor I paid for..

Post by deanq »

Your rejected Form 4 is not his fault. That is on you. That is YOUR responsibility, NOT his!

Neil has two cans of mine also. I have been in touch with him, and he has many personal situations that all came up at once not the least of which were his short notice annual inspection (he's a class 7 FFL). He will answer his phone, when he's by it.
Good luck
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

deanq wrote: June 14th, 2018, 6:50 am Your rejected Form 4 is not his fault. That is on you. That is YOUR responsibility, NOT his!

Neil has two cans of mine also. I have been in touch with him, and he has many personal situations that all came up at once not the least of which were his short notice annual inspection (he's a class 7 FFL). He will answer his phone, when he's by it.
Automatic refunds only happen when a form is denied for an actual denial or their is an error that went uncorrected.
Unless ATF has radically changed things, normally a Form 4 that has a minor issue is sent back to the DEALER for corrections. Nice letter and everything clearly spelling out the error. Dealer corrects it or reaches out to the buyer if it is something that the buyer needs to correct. That nice letter gives the time frame allowed to correct the form before it is denied.
So, if a refund occured, we have a denial(dealer is notified and should call buyer), an uncorrected error(dealer should have notified buyer, if he needed his input to fix it), or the dealer called and canceled the form(in which case he should call the buyer).

As for the inspection, they are always short notice, as they are unannounced compliance inspections. They are allowed to occur anytime after 365 days has passed since the last inspection. This is well known and explained during the ATF FFL application interview.
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

deanq wrote: June 14th, 2018, 6:50 am Your rejected Form 4 is not his fault. That is on you. That is YOUR responsibility, NOT his!

Good luck
I'm glad that at least one other person personally has forms through him and says they can get in touch with him. Does he no longer have texting at that number?

When I spoke to him the first time (unknown to me my form had already been canceled) he said he never received any type of error letter. We all have personal issues that interfere with things. All I wanted was the serial number and multiple attempts at that failed.

The rejected form 4 could have been to something I submitted sure, but if I never even knew there was a problem and I had no way to even contact the ATF, how was I to correct it? I totally take responsibility for not having made a copy of the right form but then again the serial number was supposed to be provided on the receipt also.

I will keep trying to get in touch with him.
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

What another person told me in the arf thread:
So, I Googled Greystone firearms trying to dig up dirt on this piece of trash and found your post. I bought an Omega from him on Gunbroker in the beginning of May. A month went by and I hadn't heard from my shop so I tried to contact "Neil". Nothing. 8 other people on Gunbroker had the same thing happen to them. I called and explained that I was going to contact the Glendale PD as well as the ATF about his little scam. He texted he an hour later and said he had refunded my money. I paid through Sqaureup and apparently a refund can take up to two weeks. Still waiting on my money. I wish I was closer to AZ. I'd go have a talk with this bozo.
Have to wonder if it's not the same can.
Gunslinger808
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Gunslinger808 »

Good luck
Huh, no where in his post do I see where he was "denied"/"rejected"..

Rather I see someone who has failed to inform his customer of current events, not the fault of the Form 4 transferee.
he has many personal situations that all came up at once not the least of which were his short notice annual inspection (he's a class 7 FFL). He will answer his phone, when he's by it.
Seems like a personal problem on Neil's side, not something the OP should be having to deal with.

Heck, as an 03SOT I get audited whenever the BATFE decides to show up, it in no way limits or delays my customers product being transferred.

deanq, if you have a good contact number maybe you could share it with the OP and end the drama.

A suppressor cost, and the additional tax stamp sure doesn't help.

I'd be concerned as well.

A little communication goes a long way to resolving these issues, and that's what I'd like to see here.
deanq

Post by deanq »

Gunslinger808 wrote: June 15th, 2018, 1:32 am deanq, if you have a good contact number maybe you could share it with the OP and end the drama.
Done. Hope he gets it straightened out. Waiting sucks.
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

Well 2 people have confirmed that's they are using the same contact number I already have. I left him yet again another voicemail. I'll leave a text later since it appears that line of communication still works even if he's not responding.

I have to ask deanq, did you meet Neil? Did you see your suppressors firsthand? Did you order through him or are these cans he already had in his possession? How long ago did you submit? What were they for?

I don't know what the hell is going on at this point. I preferably just want my suppressor but I'll take my money back at this point if that's all I can get.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

Good luck
problems understandable, but how long does a return text, call, email take....10 mins tops
maybe customer service isn't high on the list
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

More people chiming in on the ARF thread. Another person said they had their F4 rejected also with no warning after a year+ long wait.

deanq, when was the last time you called on your stamps and how long ago did you submit? Are you sure they are still processing and not canceled??
mike400

Post by mike400 »

You have other resources you could use to resolve the situation. Not telling you what to do, but I personally would not let this drop and lose money. But one thing is unclear to me, was your form 4 rejected or are they asking for corrected info???
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

mike400 wrote: June 15th, 2018, 4:04 pm You have other resources you could use to resolve the situation. Not telling you what to do, but I personally would not let this drop and lose money. But one thing is unclear to me, was your form 4 rejected or are they asking for corrected info???
I'm definitely not just going to forget about this.

As far as your question I honestly don't know what happened. I have no way of finding out because I don't have the serial number and without that ATF won't look anything up. Insane that in 2018 they can't look up records based off my name or address but whatever.

The guy who posted in the arf thread said that his was canceled because correction letters to the dealer went unanswered. If I had to guess I'd say that's the same thing that happened to mine also. "Rejected" isn't the right word, because there is no reason for me to be denied. The form was obviously canceled though other wise I wouldn't have received a refund. The time to send out corrected info has probably come and gone.
mike400

Post by mike400 »

You own the suppressor if you paid for it. You are just not able to posses it till approved. The FFL is like a bonded wherehouse just waiting for items to clear customs....So to speak. If he won't contact you call AG's office and file a claim, contact the ATF and let them lean on him. I have not affiliation to either party but if someone can't text you or make a quick call to help a CUSTOMER out, to hell with him. If all is as you and others have said, maybe he shouldn't be in the business he is in. You might be doing others a favor too.....
Greystone
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Greystone »

I am just now being directed to this thread from another member. Superdrag76 can you please give me a call when you get a chance on my cell? I just PMed it to you if you do not have it. I am not sure where the miscommunication is but I've not received a phone call or text from you. I have always been straight forward and fair with anyone in the years I've been doing this especially anyone on AZS and have never not made things right. Personal family issues aside I always try to take care of everyone even when I am busy. If a transfer to another dealer/refund is required I will definitely take care of it. As far as our social media presence, as it’s not been attended to as I’ve wanted, we are working on updating it and changing some things.

Thank you,

Neil
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

mike400 wrote: June 16th, 2018, 1:46 pm You own the suppressor if you paid for it. You are just not able to posses it till approved. The FFL is like a bonded wherehouse just waiting for items to clear customs....So to speak. If he won't contact you call AG's office and file a claim, contact the ATF and let them lean on him.
AG office might be able to help, the ATF? No. This is not a matter for them. To the ATF it only becomes his suppressor once the form 4 is approved and the item is transferred properly.