Win a FREE Rifle from ArizonaShooting.ORG! Yep, two rifles up for grabs!

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Win a FREE Rifle from ArizonaShooting.ORG! Yep, two rifles up for grabs!

Post by admin »

Win a free, brand new Remington 597 or Marlin 60 rifle from ArizonaShooting.ORG - just for posting on ArizonaShooting.ORG! Yes, ArizonaShooting.ORG is really giving away TWO brand new rifles to two registered users on this site!

The contest will run from now though Saturday, August 11th. The winners will be drawn and announced on Saturday, August 25th, 2018 during a live chat on ArizonaShooting.ORG and notified via email if winners are not on the live chat at the time. The specific time for the drawing will be announced here, as we approach the date. Also, if the winner is on the live chat at the time of the announcement, an extra "accessory" prize will be given to him or her as well!

So, who is eligible?

There are four requirements:
  1. First off, you need to be a registered user of ArizonaShooting.ORG between now and the end of the contest period.
  2. Second, you need to have posted at least FIVE new topics between now and the end of the contest period in a forum other than one of these areas:

"New to ArizonaShooting.ORG or Firearms in General"
    "Firearm Related General Discussion"
    "AZS.org Site Support, Suggestions and Help"
    Classifieds Ads - Buy/Sell/Trade (all)
    Off-Topic Forums (all)

• To be counted, your topic must have at least three 'legitimate' replies from at least three other people on the forum. ie, a reply like "cool story" or "I agree" or "nice rifle" or posting a pic - are all fine, but none of those examples would count as a 'legitimate' reply
  3. Third, your forum account must have at least 100 posts attributed to it before the end of the contest period, that are outside of the forums/areas identified above. Posts you have already made will count towards that cumulative total.
  4. Lastly, you need to be eligible to purchase a rifle from a dealer in Phoenix, AZ (ie, if you are the winner, you will fill out a 4473 at Cactus Tactical to take possession of your free rifle). If the winner is from a city in AZ that is more than 2 hours away (ie, Tucson, etc), alternate arrangements will be made.
So, how can you increase your chances of winning? Well, you can do these:
  1. Become a Patreon supporter of the site, here [LINK].
  2. Beyond the minimum to qualify, post enough new topics and reply to existing topics with meaningful, useful replies that we deem you being a "significant contributor" to the content and quality of the forum.
  3. When and where appropriate, post links to ArizonaShooting.ORG in other sites to draw more people here. We track referring URL's using AdSense and can see where they were posted and follow them back. If your username on whatever site doesn't match yours here, just make sure when you post your link on the other site that you let them know who you go by on this site so WE know who posted it!

Two of those are subjective, but for each one we feel you qualify for, you will get an extra entry in the drawing, allowing you to exponentially increase your chances of winning a rifle!

Note that registering multiple accounts on ArizonaShooting.ORG will result in immediate disqualification. Also, participants will not be informed of their inclusion prior, or any additional entries they may get - it will all be calculated and drawn automatically from the list of accounts that meet the criteria at the end of the contest period. Those who receive the additional provisions to increase their chances to win will have their entries weighted appropriately.

So, why am I doing this? Well, it's pretty simple, actually: I am trying to increase traffic and site participation; that's it. The site is growing fairly quickly, but I think we can do better. We lost a lot of content from the old site, but there is no reason we can't re-create it here. The more useful content we have on the site, the more new people will come to the site, stick around and participate.

Will I do more of these drawings later on? I plan to, yes. Mostly, though, I plan to do them for those who are patreon supporters as a way of saying "thank you" for helping sustain the site. At the end of it all, it's about supporting the Second Amendment and providing a good, useful web site for those of us in Arizona who enjoy exercising the aforementioned rights.

One more question I'll address that I've had some bold people ask me: "Will you eventually pass ownership/control of the site on to someone else, like you did last time?" Nope; not a chance in hell. I made a mistake before and the result was not as I had envisioned. I won't make that mistake again. I'm in it for the long haul, this time.

Pro2a
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Win a FREE Rifle from ArizonaShooting.ORG! Yep, two rifles up for grabs!

Post by Pro2a »

I can see how you want legitimate replies, but it’s not like we can control how people reply.
Anyways, glad to see you’re not selling
Winston_Wolf
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Winston_Wolf »

... Very cool!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Pro2a wrote: June 12th, 2018, 4:02 pm I can see how you want legitimate replies, but it’s not like we can control how people reply.
No, you can't control that, of course. However, that stipulation exists to encourage "discussion" topics to be posted, not just something to throw up there that's largely meaningless in order to jump through the hoops. ie, if you post something like "I just bought X gun and it's pretty cool." You're probably not going to get many replies other than "ok - good for you" or "how do you like it?". However, if you expound on that original post and include your initial impressions, thoughts, comparisons, pictures, etc... you are likely to garner more people to read it, provide their thoughts, etc... Hope that makes sense.

If your topic is engaging, people will reply. If you get 10 replies on a topic you create and 2 of them are "cool story bro" but the rest are actual real replies that further the discussion, then that's great.

Again, I am offering this to jump-start more discussion, get more traffic here and further increase the site appeal. I very much doubt that anyone is going to have an issue qualifying. If I severely miscalculated as we get closer to the date, and it's apparent that the effort is being made, I will re-evaluate.

Hope that makes sense.

[I edited your post to remove the part about my double-negative error, after I corrected it above - thanks]
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Winston_Wolf wrote: June 12th, 2018, 4:17 pm ... Very cool!
Mods can win as well! 8-)
Azbuilder

Post by Azbuilder »

Can the winner donate back to the site for future drawings or to benefit the site?
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Azbuilder wrote: June 12th, 2018, 7:04 pm Can the winner donate back to the site for future drawings or to benefit the site?
I'm purchasing them both out of my own pocket, but Cactus Tactical has graciously offered let me purchase them basically at their cost.

The winners can do whatever they want to with them. 8-)
Azbuilder

Post by Azbuilder »

Thank, good I just thought It would be a good way to help. I always do this with NRA,Azcdl and most drawings I enter.
AGE Mechanic

Post by AGE Mechanic »

This is a great idea and I’m sure it will probably help recruiting for the site.
Pro2a

Post by Pro2a »

admin wrote: June 12th, 2018, 4:19 pm
Pro2a wrote: June 12th, 2018, 4:02 pm I can see how you want legitimate replies, but it’s not like we can control how people reply.
No, you can't control that, of course. However, that stipulation exists to encourage "discussion" topics to be posted, not just something to throw up there that's largely meaningless in order to jump through the hoops. ie, if you post something like "I just bought X gun and it's pretty cool." You're probably not going to get many replies other than "ok - good for you" or "how do you like it?". However, if you expound on that original post and include your initial impressions, thoughts, comparisons, pictures, etc... you are likely to garner more people to read it, provide their thoughts, etc... Hope that makes sense.

If your topic is engaging, people will reply. If you get 10 replies on a topic you create and 2 of them are "cool story bro" but the rest are actual real replies that further the discussion, then that's great.

Again, I am offering this to jump-start more discussion, get more traffic here and further increase the site appeal. I very much doubt that anyone is going to have an issue qualifying. If I severely miscalculated as we get closer to the date, and it's apparent that the effort is being made, I will re-evaluate.

Hope that makes sense.

[I edited your post to remove the part about my double-negative error, after I corrected it above - thanks]
OK I see how they will at least be analyzed, and not just tallied up in a numeric fashion
steamer303
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by steamer303 »

Great idea to help jump-start the forum and encourage participation - thanks.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I know we are still a month and a half away from the drawing, but there are relatively few who are on a path to qualify for this, so those who are moving in that direction stand a VERY good chance of winning, as it's a pretty small pool right now (yeah, I know - we still have time)!
landon

Post by landon »

I don't post a bunch and generally don't have much to say so I probably won't be eligible, but the little participating I have done from the old AZS I have met some really good dudes and consider them friends. I love the idea and think it will be great!! Thanks for whoever is involved.

Landon
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

The 100 posts is a tricky one since general discussion doesn't count and many of the topics that do get replies are in General discussion.... so at the moment for me it is 140 posts if none new are in GD... just say'in
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Understood; and that was very intentional. The intent is to build up the technical forums... Rifles, Handguns, Shotguns, etc...

GD is easy.